iBasso IT07 IEM, 7 Drivers. Release: Mid. November 2020
Jan 23, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #166 of 409

What a stunning presentation both visually and sonically!

Of all of the earphones I’ve tried recently, the IT07 has been the biggest eye-opener, delivering clarity and resolution unlike anything else I’ve heard lately. It effortlessly produces extremely nuanced and refined sound and the atmosphere of a recorded place within the entire frequency range, complete with fantastic instrumental separation, forward projection and imaging.

I do believe that the best Hi-Fi component is one that does its job so well, you don’t even know it’s there, and IT07 gets you there so effortlessly. This thing simply fades away, leaving only the music and I am sitting here speechless.

Looking at IT07 graph would be interesting to compare with Mini Mest..

9FE1B48D-E739-4C17-B3FE-7866B20BE874.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #167 of 409
Jan 24, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #169 of 409
I have the same problem with my IT04. I thought this had gone but it seems not!
What about the connectors? Mine are really loose now.

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #172 of 409
On the 04 or the 07? I was one of those affected by the surface cracking on the IT04 but it was fixed quickly by Paul @ iBasso (not sure if he is still at iBasso though)
yup. still is...

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #173 of 409
I have asked Ibasso about an exchange. However, they refer me to the retailer, stating that I can exchange it directly through Ibasso as well, but I have to pay for the shipping to China myself, as they do not provide me with a return label for it.

I'll wait and see how the dealer reacts. Since this is in the neighboring country, I am curious whether an exchange works without problems.

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #174 of 409
On the IT04.
My IT04 connectors are still very tight fitting with the cable that it came with and apart from the one or two trial with different cables I've basically stuck with that cable.

I'm considering an upgrade to the IT07 but its out of stock at Advanced MP3 players in the UK where I'm based and there is no hurry so I'll wait for stock.

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #175 of 409
IT07 is on my way, hoping in DHL😜

Jan 25, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #176 of 409
Jan 25, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #177 of 409
Welcome to the team :)

I'll be curious to hear your impressions vs Penon Volt.
Thank you, I will!
Did you read @tgx78 comparison on his volt review?
Also other headfier got both.😊

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #178 of 409
Welcome to the team :)

I'll be curious to hear your impressions vs Penon Volt.

The Tuning & presentation are totally different. It's gonna be a "take 'em both" situation...

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #179 of 409
Unfortunately, I have bad news, or rather I hope that only my copy is faulty and not the complete batch is affected. I have examined the damaged area on my headphones once with a magnifying glass with 30x magnification and recognized that many microscopic bubbles have formed below the surface around the cracked area. So similar to the first IT04 batch back then, but apparently much much smaller.
I then also examined the second headphone and also found a larger field of these microscopic bubbles there. In addition, I also discovered a few larger air pockets than in the other headphone.

The spots are really so tiny that you can't capture it with a cell phone camera, even in macro mode. You can really only see it very precisely with multiple magnification.
So I would guess that the multitude of closely spaced bubbles may have led to the flaking of this spot. Of course, I can only assume this and not prove it. I did not notice it when unpacking at the time, but I also did not examine the headphones in detail so much. I noticed it only on the weekend, when I accidentally felt with my finger over the spot.

I used the headphones very carefully and only at home. In total, maybe 10 hours of use, so I can actually exclude that this cracked area could have been caused by me due to improper use.

I used this magnifying glass to examine it, in case anyone is interested:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/led-...ng-type/407503699.html#redirect_detail=WAP2PC

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #180 of 409
Oh no @Battibilder i'm waiting IT07 and i'll have a paranoid unboxing using a cartridge lens. :frowning2:
I stop to use lens since i sold my Kiseki Purpleheart :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back