iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Sep 25, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #1,321 of 1,733
Hey George, I noticed in your review a mention that the IT04 is almost double the price of the DK-3001. In the US, the IT04 retails for $500 on Amazon while the DK-3001 retails for about $470. Maybe the price difference is greater in Europe but in the US the pricing is basically the same.

Woah, I changed that now. Seems I only checked the first link that came to me about the pricing of DK-3001, where it was quite a bit cheaper than IT04.

Seems that in most places, they are rather close in pricing :)

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #1,322 of 1,733
Woah, I changed that now. Seems I only checked the first link that came to me about the pricing of DK-3001, where it was quite a bit cheaper than IT04.

Seems that in most places, they are rather close in pricing :)

It's the smoother lower-detailed mid-range that is stopping me from buying an IT04. Is there another earphone or two that the IT04 compares to in that regard?

Sep 25, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,323 of 1,733
It's the smoother lower-detailed mid-range that is stopping me from buying an IT04. Is there another earphone or two that the IT04 compares to in that regard?

I totally understand that, it is something most peple have noticed and reported over time.

Nothing has the treble extension and bass speed of IT04 at this price range, though most will have more quciker and more textured midranges. It is how IT04 is tuned and designed.

One thing that is an interesting alternative at this price is IMR R1. But R1 doesn't have the bass speed and detail of IT04, nor the treble extension, it is tuned to be warmer, but it has more texture in the midrange.

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #1,324 of 1,733
I totally understand that, it is something most peple have noticed and reported over time.

Nothing has the treble extension and bass speed of IT04 at this price range, though most will have more quciker and more textured midranges. It is how IT04 is tuned and designed.

One thing that is an interesting alternative at this price is IMR R1. But R1 doesn't have the bass speed and detail of IT04, nor the treble extension, it is tuned to be warmer, but it has more texture in the midrange.

I've enjoyed earphones with low-detailed mids before. I enjoy the Toneking Nine Tail immensely. But, it does make me hesitate, mostly in relation to the price.

Say, how are the mids compared to the IT01?

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #1,325 of 1,733
I've enjoyed earphones with low-detailed mids before. I enjoy the Toneking Nine Tail immensely. But, it does make me hesitate, mostly in relation to the price.

Say, how are the mids compared to the IT01?

I think it is an upgrade compared to IT01, more detail :)

It feels a tad more musical in character, but the overall detail level is actually an upgrade.

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #1,326 of 1,733

Personally think that the IT04 has better bass detail and texture while the IMR-R1 has faster and and more detailed mids AND treble. Overall the R1 is brighter and a lot more fatiguing compared to the iT04 imo.

Sep 25, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,327 of 1,733
Personally think that the IT04 has better bass detail and texture while the IMR-R1 has faster and and more detailed mids AND treble. Overall the R1 is brighter and a lot more fatiguing compared to the iT04 imo.

I think we agree entirely (?)

On the bass, this is what I've been saying, IT04 has more bass detail and texture.

I think that R1 has faster midrange, agreed with that as well :)

On the treble, I should try to explain: I think that R1 has more of the 9kHz kinda treble, but IT04 has more around 10-11kHz , meaning that IT04 has more of the upper treble, where it is heard as air by most listeners. R1 has a tiny bit of a hot kind of treble in this respect, where IT04 is indeed less fatiguing, its treble is not hot but very airy . I do think IT04 has a touch more air in the treble compared to R1, which has a more metallic kind of cymbal crash.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,328 of 1,733
My IT04 review on Head-Fi & my site. Enjoy! :o2smile:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-it04.22954/reviews#review-20950
https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/09/22/ibasso-it04/

photo_2018-09-20_01-26-22.jpg

Oct 1, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #1,329 of 1,733
is it much difference between stock cable and cb13? im curious how cb13 perform with amp8 on dx200

Hi @and132,

Cable rolling is highly subjective & personal, so your experience & certainly the way you hear things will vary so the important thing to remember is the base sound signature, in this case, IT 04, will remain the same with a different cable.
Though the tuning, how the sound is precieved, will vary.

Here are my subjective & personal impressions between the stock cable (SC) CB 12 vs CB 13 :

SC
Clarity & Resolution outstanding across mids & highs extending smoothly to Bass
Good natural Bass response
Nice staging, both intimate & spacious.

CB 13
Like above SC but with more spacious & still a strong sense of intimacy, think something close to a concert &/or orchestra experience just for you.

Hope you have a great day !

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #1,331 of 1,733
I received my dx150, yesterday and I confirm It paires well with the IT04 :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #1,332 of 1,733
been listening IT04 + DX208, but with Fidelizer advanced purist. it sound much more airier, clearer background. totally satisfied with this combo. good job ibasso.

Oct 5, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #1,333 of 1,733
I got a pair this week, and like them very much! I received a pair of Andromeda’s a couple weeks ago so been comparing them to those. Of course the Andromeda’s are twice the price. First impressions are the Andro's are smoother and more refined, the 04's a bit brighter and also very open. Both are "outside of your head" type staging.
I hesitated on ordering the 04's even though I really like my 01's. I thought they might be just an incremental step up, but that is not the case. They are a major upgrade, and really a great value! I think they may be an even better value than the 01's.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #1,334 of 1,733
Oct 5, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #1,335 of 1,733
I got a pair this week, and like them very much! I received a pair of Andromeda’s a couple weeks ago so been comparing them to those. Of course the Andromeda’s are twice the price. First impressions are the Andro's are smoother and more refined, the 04's a bit brighter and more open. Both are "outside of your head" type staging.
I hesitated on ordering the 04's even though I really like my 01's. I thought they might be just an incremental step up, but that is not the case. They are a major upgrade, and really a great value! I think they may be an even better value than the 01's.
Yea it is a solid iem. Glad you are enjoying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back