iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 9, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #751 of 1,733
I just posted this in the DX200 thread and had to hit you guys up here as well. I just got these in the mail. Since everyone is doing the AMP8, I'm burning in AMP7 and I can say without a doubt that the IT04's sound ABSOLUTELY amazing with the AMP7 SE already.

:)

IMG_0513.jpg

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #756 of 1,733
I have a question for it03 and it04 owners. Does the it03’s treble make the treble of it04 sound metallic (cymbals too high pitched) or the other way around?

Jul 10, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #757 of 1,733
8PI2evnl.jpg

Christmas came early :D

Got my IT04s in, a reshelled Ultimate Ears RR and the Q5.

fun times!

Jul 10, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #761 of 1,733
is the form factor 100% identical to the IT03?
Thanks

It is similar, but not identical.
I'm about to go out so I can't do a significant comparison though.
I remember Alex @twister6 did a post comparison photos and text between the two.

What I can tell you right now is that I used wide bore Symbio tips (large size) on the IT03 and had a mostly excellent seal.
With the IT04, it's not fitting the same (I think it's to do with the nozzle length/angle being slightly different).
I feel the IT04 are more comfortable than the IT03 (which I liked too, but occasionally felt the nodule at the top was uncomfortable if it moved out of place - but it was simple to just give it a twist back into place!). So I feel the IT04 don't have this issue, it's just that I can't just use the exact same tip set up as I did on the IT03 and expect the same results.

It's not a negative thing; it just means I need to do some more tip rolling to find one that provides the best fit for me :)

Jul 10, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #762 of 1,733
I have a question for it03 and it04 owners. Does the it03’s treble make the treble of it04 sound metallic (cymbals too high pitched) or the other way around?

Hmm. I can only give a subjective answer of course, but I have never found the IT03 to sound metallic (I'm a big fan of the IT03 and reviewed it on here).
I think the IT04 is a step up and again, have noticed no such issues although I am still burning in.

Have you encountered this issue? (or know someone who has?).
And in this case, we should also consider the whole set up (DAP, AMP unit if applicable, cable to a lesser extent, tracks where the issue was noticeable and their format).

In this way, we can do a more structured and scientific investigation :)

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #763 of 1,733
Wow I am really interested in these! I’ve been using my IMR R1’s which to me
sound exceptional although I hate the cable and driver flex on initial insertion. Im really looking for a second set of...something. Looking at these and Fiio FH5 which seems to be getting good reviews. I think I just want to hear a comparison saying these are “that” much better than the FH5’s and also how they compare to R1’s (soundstage, separation ect). Think a review will be out soon?
Also ive seen alot of talk about using these with ibasso gear but what about a hiby r3 or r6 maybe even a hidiz ap60 II/ or 200. Id be interested how well these play together.

Jul 10, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #764 of 1,733
It is similar, but not identical.
I'm about to go out so I can't do a significant comparison though.
I remember Alex @twister6 did a post comparison photos and text between the two.

@cocolinho , here are a few side-by-side IT04/IT03 shots, with more "photos and text" :wink: in my full review here in sound analysis and comparison sections.

ibasso_it04-x11.jpg ibasso_it04-x12.jpg ibasso_it04-x16.jpg ibasso_it04-x17.jpg

Jul 10, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #765 of 1,733
is the form factor 100% identical to the IT03?

No, it's close but not 100%. You can see some of the differences in the images from Twister6 above. Of course, that doesn't necessarily translate to fitment.

For me personally, I love the IT03, but always struggled just a bit with the fit. I ended up using Spinfits and not pushing them all the way down the nozzle. This worked really well for me and I could wear them for hours. I never really forgot I had them on though.

With the IT04 I just took them out of the box and started using them. The standard silicone tips worked well for me. I don't feel a need to change them at this point. At least not from a comfort perspective. I may tip roll in the future to see how other options feel and sound, but for now, I'm very pleased with both the comfort and the isolation/seal. My barometer for fit has always been the Westone universals. They disappear for me. The IT04 is very close in terms of comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back