iBasso IT04 IEM, 4 Drivers. Enjoy the Music! Release: July 2, 2018
Jul 25, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,051 of 1,733
DX200>AMP8>IT04 is an elegant and musical neutral which I find wonderfully pleasing. :D

IT04 & DX200 03.jpg
IT04 06.jpg

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #1,053 of 1,733
I made a post a few days ago, where I said I was using size small. But today I found my pack of smalls, and these are not them. LOL.

So I am using size medium.

Isolation is the best you're likely to find.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #1,054 of 1,733
Ah, I see. You were talking about tuning. When your earlier post said:

I don't really think of a 'tuning' issue. I certainly agree that the 04 has a more neutral/reference tuning (say compared to the 03, Magaosi K3...). But I don't think that neutral or reference tuning vs 'fun' or V-shaped tuning equates to a lack of dynamics/liveliness.

As far as aesthetics, I agree that the CA stuff is flashier. But I don't mind that. It's the modern, angular, metallic look which turns me off a bit. I guess I'm just an Art Deco kinda guy with old man tastes.

You're right. Dynamics isn't usually a tuning issue, Sloppy language usage again on my part. That might be my big concern right now, but I'm waiting until more burn in has happened before I really compare more deeply. So far it's one area I really feel like my Andromeda is objectively superior to the it04, but I'm curious to see how burn in affects that.

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #1,056 of 1,733
Oddly the Symbio tips and IT04 are not a good combo for me, I have small, medium and large, perhaps the seal is too good but I loose Bass and soundstage.

Symbio and IT03 sound good though in fact Symbio and anything I've tried them with, except IT04 sound good.

I found a pair of small silicon tips in my extensive stock :) that work best with the IT04 for me. Just when I thought the Symbio was a fit and works for all solution too, oh well.

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #1,057 of 1,733
Jul 26, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #1,059 of 1,733
Kz starline tips (large) work great for me with these... I do get Lots of driver flex in my left ear, just like with the it01.

One of my few pairs where I'm preferring silicon over foamies....

Jul 26, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #1,060 of 1,733
Got mine recenly. First impressions are a lush detailed "mature" sound. Really nice layering and wide sound stage. To be honest I was expecting them to be a bit more impactful (not talking about bass, just overall sound). I'm coming from using Dunus2000Js.

I found the IT04 to have more synergy with some some tracks over others, and even cases where an AAC file seems to sound better or just as good as a DSD file. In another case I found the midrange on a track with a lot of complexity to not be that resolving, but that could also be down to the quality of the recording and/or file.

I'm using them with the Dx200 and the Amp4s. I then switched over to the Amp8 which arrived together with the IT04. To be honest I can't tell the difference between the Amp4s and the Amp8 lol. I suppose the Amp8 will be better for driving my HD800s.

It's still early days and they need to burn in.

On another note, I found the cable socket on one side to be noticibly looser. I can rotate the cable quite easily although the cable doesn't pop out, but it detachable more easily that the other side. I've had no sound drop outs. I swapped the cables around to see it is due to one end of the cables, but it is clearly the same IEM housing. Not sure if this constitutes a fault?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,061 of 1,733
I second the medium Symbio W tips on these, fit's so good it feels like I'm wearing nothing. On another note, I tried my Alo Audio Silver Litz cable with these and for some reason the left side has his weird problem of going softer then going back to normal constantly? The cable works fine on my Atlas.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #1,064 of 1,733
I feel the IT04 has plenty of dynamics. Maybe what you mean is energy. They aren't terribly energetic. More relaxed listen.

Jul 26, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #1,065 of 1,733
I feel the IT04 has plenty of dynamics. Maybe what you mean is energy. They aren't terribly energetic. More relaxed listen.
I found them to have a softer presentation in the bass and mids. I like a more aggressive attack like on the IMR-R1 but then it doesn't have the expansive soundstage and superb instrument separation of the IT04.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back