iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jul 10, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #2,372 of 3,079
Thanks.
Anybody using Non-Stock cable? Any noticeable sound differences?
Stock cable is very good one (if factory solder points are done properly). It measures 0.2 Ohm when re-terminated with HQ jack/mmcx.

Jul 10, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #2,374 of 3,079
Any idea how to adjust the EQ so the sound signature is more neutral rather than v shaped? Using a Hiby R3

Bring the treble and the bass lower by a few dB, or bring the middrange higher with a few dB.

Basically, add some dB to the 500Hz - 2kHz area

Or lower the first 3 sliders a bit, and the last two sliders a bit, but not the last slider too much

Jul 11, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #2,376 of 3,079
Rather go with wide-bore silicone tips with IT01. It makes sound littlebit more airy, balanced and detailed.
Auvio
JVC Spiral Dot
...or some other wide-bore generic cheapo tips from Aliex.

Jul 11, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #2,377 of 3,079
Rather go with wide-bore silicone tips with IT01. It makes sound littlebit more airy, balanced and detailed.
Auvio
JVC Spiral Dot
...or some other wide-bore generic cheapo tips from Aliex.

Thank You, I think I'ma go w/ JVC. I notice JVC has size MS, S. Do you happen to know what MS is? I think S stands for Small.

Jul 11, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #2,378 of 3,079
Thank You, I think I'ma go w/ JVC. I notice JVC has size MS, S. Do you happen to know what MS is? I think S stands for Small.

Not sure where you're located but the RadioShack website has been a good option for the Auvio tips. And they're on sale right now. I got quite a few last time they were available. I don't like them quite as much as the Spinfits personally, but you can't argue with the price. Of course with that set, you get some sizes you obviously can't use. :)

Jul 11, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #2,379 of 3,079
Jul 12, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #2,381 of 3,079
I need help. My it01 suddenly lacked bass. It sounds very different
Most likely the screen has something clogging it. Please carefully clean the screens on the IT01.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 12, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #2,383 of 3,079
Can someone compare these to the fh1s please. I've heard that both are one of the best iems for under 100 but not sure which one to get. Whats stopping me from getting the it01 is, that some head fi reviews and other website reviews have mentioned that the midrange on these are thin and that male vocals are not good. Is this true? Because Im having bad experiences with my ostry kc09 sounding a bit dark and less high end detail. I'm going put these up for quick sale then finally choose between the fh1 or it01

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #2,384 of 3,079
Whats stopping me from getting the it01 is, that some head fi reviews and other website reviews have mentioned that the midrange on these are thin and that male vocals are not good. Is this true?

Lol, I'd love to know what they've been listening to because that's complete rubbish imo. Also, tips make a huge difference as to how thin something can sound. Male vocals and midrange sound stellar to me, very present, forward if that's the right word, and detailed. However if you're looking for bright sparkly top end, these don't really offer that. They offer the right amount of treble for me.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #2,385 of 3,079
Lol, I'd love to know what they've been listening to because that's complete rubbish imo. Also, tips make a huge difference as to how thin something can sound. Male vocals and midrange sound stellar to me, very present, forward if that's the right word, and detailed. However if you're looking for bright sparkly top end, these don't really offer that. They offer the right amount of treble for me.
Thanks alot, your reply has been very helpful to me, however, I'm still waiting for someone who has tried both, the fh1 and it01 and give me an opinion. I like iems with lots of bass, meaty open midrange without losing much detail and a fairly detailed top end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back