iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jun 29, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #2,326 of 3,079
Please check the screen to make sure there is no ear wax buildup. Even though you just got them, this is easy to happen. We have had some IT series returned to find out that it was clogged screens that caused the imbalance. You can also try switching the right and left to see if the imbalance follows. They won't fit right but you can check volume. Also check to make sure the plug is fully seated in the dap or amp.
Thanks for the reply. I thought the ear wax wouldn't explain the consistent uneven DB measurements, as the next post noticed in his/her first pair as well. And new findings.. the connection on the right ear isn't entirely stable, and I made sure the cable connector was plugged all the way in... The item I received was not sealed and it looked like an open item to me. It didn't bother me at the beginning but now I'm thinking maybe it was a returned item.

Jun 29, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #2,328 of 3,079
The item I received was not sealed and it looked like an open item to me. It didn't bother me at the beginning but now I'm thinking maybe it was a returned item.
Where did You order Your IT01 from?

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #2,330 of 3,079
I am considering these iems. I want to know how they sound in relative terms since that's the only way I'll figure out if they are what I'm looking for. I have KZ ATE, KZ ZS3, Monster Turbine Copper Pro, Shure SE535, Xiaomi Piston 2.
Anyone have any of these and can compare the IT01?

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #2,331 of 3,079
Been a week using these 'phones, although I don't use em as my go-to either at home or out and about, so probably I need to burn these things more, but I think these will mostly be sitting on the bench for me. To be fair, I'm more in favor of something more neutral and analytical, so there's no way IT01 can topple my beloved Etymotic ER4 for my home listening. When I'm out or at work, I mainly use TFZ Series 2, something closer to ER4 sound signature, so IT01 lost out again.

That said, I don't think IT01 is a bad IEM, and the package is also a good one, with lots of tips. I like the feel of the cable too, lightweight, soft, and pretty much tangle free. It's just too bad that the sound signature isn't really the perfect one for me.

Jun 30, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #2,332 of 3,079
I am considering these iems. I want to know how they sound in relative terms since that's the only way I'll figure out if they are what I'm looking for. I have KZ ATE, KZ ZS3, Monster Turbine Copper Pro, Shure SE535, Xiaomi Piston 2.
Anyone have any of these and can compare the IT01?
How do I say it... hmm... if I exaggerate little, then compared to IT01, these (bold text) are not IEMs ;D When I`m objective&serious, then IT01 is another level of SQ.

Been a week using these 'phones, although I don't use em as my go-to either at home or out and about, so probably I need to burn these things more, but I think these will mostly be sitting on the bench for me. To be fair, I'm more in favor of something more neutral and analytical, so there's no way IT01 can topple my beloved Etymotic ER4 for my home listening. When I'm out or at work, I mainly use TFZ Series 2, something closer to ER4 sound signature, so IT01 lost out again.

That said, I don't think IT01 is a bad IEM, and the package is also a good one, with lots of tips. I like the feel of the cable too, lightweight, soft, and pretty much tangle free. It's just too bad that the sound signature isn't really the perfect one for me.
Have You tried more colder/neutral source, amping and wide-bore silicone tips?
Just asking... of course ER4 is different signature (neutral) IEM anyway. Makes me actually think and ask why did You even buy these?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #2,333 of 3,079
How do I say it... hmm... if I exaggerate little, then compared to IT01, these (bold text) are not IEMs ;D When I`m objective&serious, then IT01 is another level of SQ.

Have You tried more colder/neutral source, amping and wide-bore silicone tips?
Just asking... of course ER4 is different signature (neutral) IEM anyway. Makes me actually think and ask why did You even buy these?

I bought it out of curiosity (and habit of course) but after around 2 years of using cheap Philips as my go-to when I'm riding or anywhere out of my house I kinda thought I probably could tolerate more bassy sound when I'm not paying too much attention. Those Philips are WAY more bassy than the IT01, so I'm really wondering why it's easier for me adapt to them compared to this one. I'll probably spend more time with these things to see if I can really adapt to them.

As for why I specifically bought these instead of something else? I wanted something that can fit under my helmet, something I can sleep on for afternoon nap at work, something with removable cable, something affordable and something that was readily and locally available because I really didn't want to deal with all the waiting and extra charges when it comes to buying something internationally.

About the tips, yes, I'm currently using them with the L size large bore ones. About the source... I'll have to ask for your suggestion then. All I have is a Sony mp3 player and my Asus phone, and for home I use my PC with my Asus Xonar STX sound card. I did change two op-amps a few years ago and being happy with the result. Not really a scientific answer of course, but there you go.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #2,334 of 3,079
I bought it out of curiosity (and habit of course) but after around 2 years of using cheap Philips as my go-to when I'm riding or anywhere out of my house I kinda thought I probably could tolerate more bassy sound when I'm not paying too much attention. Those Philips are WAY more bassy than the IT01, so I'm really wondering why it's easier for me adapt to them compared to this one. I'll probably spend more time with these things to see if I can really adapt to them.

As for why I specifically bought these instead of something else? I wanted something that can fit under my helmet, something I can sleep on for afternoon nap at work, something with removable cable, something affordable and something that was readily and locally available because I really didn't want to deal with all the waiting and extra charges when it comes to buying something internationally.

About the tips, yes, I'm currently using them with the L size large bore ones. About the source... I'll have to ask for your suggestion then. All I have is a Sony mp3 player and my Asus phone, and for home I use my PC with my Asus Xonar STX sound card. I did change two op-amps a few years ago and being happy with the result. Not really a scientific answer of course, but there you go.
One thing I would suggest. Let them burn in. As someone who generally isn't sold on that doing anything in most cases, I can assure you these will change over time. Several times, in fact. I don't post here often, because I think I'd sound like a broken record if I did. These aren't what I'd call analytical IEMs. But I do find I can get most everything out of the music that I want to hear with them.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #2,337 of 3,079
Hi, just got a it01 as a gift for a friend.

What tips suggestion will be good for someone who listens to a wide variety of songs.. like retaining the fuller body and bass for rocks.. and clarify for acoustic ballads?

That's a nice gift and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled. Personally, I use spinfits most of the time, however, tips are pretty subjective. I'd start with a wide bore silicone and go from there. If I remember correctly the IT01's do come with a pretty good selection of tips in the box.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #2,339 of 3,079

What tips suggestion will be good for someone who listens to a wide variety of songs.. like retaining the fuller body and bass for rocks.. and clarify for acoustic ballads?

Everyone's ears are different and for me I only get on with medium to large tips for bass, but mostly large. Of the included tips, hands down the ones I've circled in yellow give me maximum bass, they're the widest bore and are large size.

For less bass and more clarity, I'd experiment but most of the others will be good for that.

20180703_152626.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back