iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jun 18, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #2,251 of 3,079
That's unfortunate to hear, hope it gets resolved soon, guess I was lucky/you were unlucky.

Actually, I did receive a small parcel a few days ago with a smart watch inside that I wasn't expecting. Someone on here had told me that Penon are throwing in free gifts at the moment. It just says from SF Express, PO Box Estonia. Apparently SF Express is a Chinese courier service, so I'm assuming it's Penon that sent it to me, via Estonia. Or it might not be from them, I don't know lol.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #2,253 of 3,079
Hi,I need serious help. Im looking for an upgrade over my rock jaw Alfa genus V2. My preferred signature is alot of bass with thick mids, not vshaped and relaxed treble. I also have dunu titan 3 but don't like it due too a very thin midrange. Is the kc09 the answer or any other recommendations? Thanks

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #2,254 of 3,079
Got my pair today.
I has a really high expectations for IT01 since I read a lot of positive reviews, and still, these babys are blown me away, right from the box!
I think head-fi should delete all that "best budget IEMs" threats, coz now we have it!) IT01 it's actually the best IEMs even in comparison with much more expensive ones,
wow, great job iBasso!!!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #2,255 of 3,079
Hi,I need serious help. Im looking for an upgrade over my rock jaw Alfa genus V2. My preferred signature is alot of bass with thick mids, not vshaped and relaxed treble. I also have dunu titan 3 but don't like it due too a very thin midrange. Is the kc09 the answer or any other recommendations? Thanks

What is your source? Smartphone or a DAP?
I've used the Rock Jaw V2 before. So I can say for sure IT01 is huge step forward. You'll certainly like the sound a lot. If you use a DAP then some EQ can help too, though I don't use EQ so your preference may vary.

Jun 20, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #2,257 of 3,079
What is your source? Smartphone or a DAP?
I've used the Rock Jaw V2 before. So I can say for sure IT01 is huge step forward. You'll certainly like the sound a lot. If you use a DAP then some EQ can help too, though I don't use EQ so your preference may vary.
Thanks for your reply, I have an axon 7 phone which is really good for audio. I loved the bass of the black filters, it was imho really good for me, but the mids were not the best. I need similar sound with the same/better good bass (black filter standard) and same mid thickness (especially vocals) but a bit more detailed, Clear and forward mids. I've asked everywhere and found the options of kc09, tk13, it01, fh1. Do you have any suggestions please for a worthy bass and mids upgrade?

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #2,258 of 3,079
The blue and red are cool but the black ones are so elegant with that gorgeous cable!
Same here....blacks are elegant..

@CoiL imagine black it01 with black ebony and your mod... Man smexy.

Well I looooveee my it01 with "cb12s upgraded silver and copper cable"..

The issue of slight mid bass bleed was somewhat solved and some detail increase was felt(not heard)... I think that cable level distortion was fixed by the upgraded(expensive) cable which was affecting the mid bass and mids transition...not a cable believer but I tried VE clan junkosha 8braid pure silver cable and that actually paired better with it01... Clean.

I am not a cable believer, I believe in sciences and impedance was a little higher iBasso stock cable compared to CB12s(110usd) and VE clan x Junkosha silver 8braid(65usd)

The issue I face commonly is driver flexing... Can this be corrected on revision.. It flexes sometimes which is annoying.

I am using Symbio W tips so that bass bleed can be countered by the wide bore. ..

It bleeds on Humble and extremely bassy songs only by the way(and that is also noticeable when you just sit down to notice flaws in it, otherwise no bass bleed and cheaper IEM bleeds way more than that....so if you have any iem which has satisfied you under cheap budget and if you are upgrading, this would be a huge step)

Otherwise, it blows away many expensive IEM out of water.

@CoiL waiting for your mod my friend

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #2,259 of 3,079
I am not a cable believer, I believe in sciences and impedance was a little higher iBasso stock cable compared to CB12s(110usd) and VE clan x Junkosha silver 8braid(65usd)
Can You please say how those 3 cables measured?
After re-terminating stock cable with Neutrik jack I got 0.2 Ohm impedance, which imho is impressive.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #2,260 of 3,079
Can You please say how those 3 cables measured?
After re-terminating stock cable with Neutrik jack I got 0.2 Ohm impedance, which imho is impressive.
Multimeter impedance check

Linum super BaX 0.18 ohm
iBasso cb12 0.28ohm
iBasso cb12s 0.223ohohm
Venture Electronics X junkosha 0.215ohm

I think iBasso cb12s and VeXjunkosha will drop more with neutrik jack

Linum Super BaX is the only cable which I respect as there was no snake oil in marketing..

Respect iBasso as they also didn't do snake oil marketing...

Venture Electronics are respected because they showed lab results and cable are just too cheap for pure silver damm

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #2,261 of 3,079
Got my pair today.
I has a really high expectations for IT01 since I read a lot of positive reviews, and still, these babys are blown me away, right from the box!
I think head-fi should delete all that "best budget IEMs" threats, coz now we have it!) IT01 it's actually the best IEMs even in comparison with much more expensive ones,
wow, great job iBasso!!!

Haha. I was thinking that whenever I see a similar new thread pop up, I want to go in and smugly pronounce "iBasso IT01. Close this thread." It has the ability to be an IEM benchmark for years as long as iBasso doesn't discontinue the model. Sorta like how the Porta Pros and HD650 have come to define what level of performance is expected in their respective categories.

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #2,262 of 3,079
Anyone know how these compare to the Monster Turbine Pro Copper?
Currently using the coppers as gym beaters versus the ibasso with about 40hours on them.
Initial thoughts were that the ibassos were about the most siblant earphones I've used but I seem to have got past that now.
It feels like it's getting better but things do seem to get congested especially with a few instruments / voices competing for the high end.

However, if that seems a bit negative I'm still burning in the ibassos and in the most part they sound so much cleaner / superior to the coppers and some songs just produce a party in the head and I just wonder how something so small and relatively inexpensive sounds so good.

Mostly listened to electronic / dance / hip hop / jazz

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #2,263 of 3,079
Haha. I was thinking that whenever I see a similar new thread pop up, I want to go in and smugly pronounce "iBasso IT01. Close this thread." It has the ability to be an IEM benchmark for years as long as iBasso doesn't discontinue the model. Sorta like how the Porta Pros and HD650 have come to define what level of performance is expected in their respective categories.
True
Currently using the coppers as gym beaters versus the ibasso with about 40hours on them.
Initial thoughts were that the ibassos were about the most siblant earphones I've used but I seem to have got past that now.
It feels like it's getting better but things do seem to get congested especially with a few instruments / voices competing for the high end.

However, if that seems a bit negative I'm still burning in the ibassos and in the most part they sound so much cleaner / superior to the coppers and some songs just produce a party in the head and I just wonder how something so small and relatively inexpensive sounds so good.

Mostly listened to electronic / dance / hip hop / jazz
Bro, graphene needs adjustment for almost 200Hrs..it expands and contracts, change stiffness and more sensitive to burn...

Use 1more app for 200hrs burn

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #2,265 of 3,079
Should I be using the burn in app? What is the benefit over just using the iems normally for 200 hours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back