iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
May 13, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #2,041 of 3,079
Try PenonAudio.
Oh didn't notice they had free worldwide shipping. Guess that will be where I buy it from if I decide to!

How much direct from iBasso? Or is that the direct from iBasso price?
Not sure where to purchase straight from them in Japan. e-earphone sells some ibasso stuff but not the it01. The price was from Amazon though.

Also not sure what's going on with that Paw Gold bundle for like 8 million jpy lol.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B078HKDJ8W

May 13, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #2,042 of 3,079
I have no luck with the IT01, maybe my ears are weirdly shaped. I had to return the first pair because the channels weren't balanced and had excessive driver flex. Now the second pair sounds OK but the driver flex is even more pronounced, to the point it makes cracking noises every time I move my mouth or even tilt my neck. Tried foams, spin dots, spiral dots, everything to no avail.

Any other recommendations for something similar to IT01 if possible with a tad more energy in the low end, better separation and more air? I enjoyed the bass and separation on ZS6 more than the IT01, but the recessed mids and very harsh treble is killing them. I was looking at the Fiio F9 Pro, is the bass and separation better on them?
If these bois didn't give you enough satisfaction in the bass department, F9 pros sure wont.
About the seperation stuff, I have no idea.

May 13, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #2,044 of 3,079
The IT01 is a pretty darn good IEM for $99. Nice amount of tight sub-bass and mid-bass that doesn't overwhelm everything. Surprising amount of speed too and clear vocals, especially female.

May 14, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #2,045 of 3,079
I have no luck with the IT01, maybe my ears are weirdly shaped. I had to return the first pair because the channels weren't balanced and had excessive driver flex. Now the second pair sounds OK but the driver flex is even more pronounced, to the point it makes cracking noises every time I move my mouth or even tilt my neck. Tried foams, spin dots, spiral dots, everything to no avail.

Any other recommendations for something similar to IT01 if possible with a tad more energy in the low end, better separation and more air? I enjoyed the bass and separation on ZS6 more than the IT01, but the recessed mids and very harsh treble is killing them. I was looking at the Fiio F9 Pro, is the bass and separation better on them?
before I decided to buy IT01, I auditioned Fiio FH1, F5, F9, and F9 Pro (plus Final E2k, E3k, and ATH LS-series)
If you certainly want the lows, avoid Fiio's earphones. Yes, it has (much) better separation and airiness, but the bass is very lacking (to say the least).
The fiios are so bright that I can't stand listening to almost half of the songs in my playlist with them. It hurts my ears.

So I guess you might want to audition FAD E3k

May 14, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #2,046 of 3,079
before I decided to buy IT01, I auditioned Fiio FH1, F5, F9, and F9 Pro (plus Final E2k, E3k, and ATH LS-series)
If you certainly want the lows, avoid Fiio's earphones. Yes, it has (much) better separation and airiness, but the bass is very lacking (to say the least).
The fiios are so bright that I can't stand listening to almost half of the songs in my playlist with them. It hurts my ears.

So I guess you might want to audition FAD E3k
Yeap, that's why I'm ordering these bois to use along my F9 pros as sometimes I feel the F9 pros while have a clean and crisp sound, I really need something more fun with more bass to go with Rock and Heavy Metal. Can't always listen to good ol' Wolfy all the time.

May 14, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #2,048 of 3,079
I have an IT01 in my left ear IT03 in right ear, certainly and interesting way to compare them. :)

I'm finding after one or two songs my brain has adjusted so I can't tell the difference between to two at the volume I'm currently listening.

I think that would make me dizzy!

May 14, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #2,051 of 3,079
I have an IT01 in my left ear IT03 in right ear, certainly and interesting way to compare them. :)

I'm finding after one or two songs my brain has adjusted so I can't tell the difference between to two at the volume I'm currently listening.

It only takes one time of trying that when comparing headphones to realize it doesn't work hahaha. Every time. Your brain tries and helps you out by similarizing the effects kinda like how your eyes actually jiggle a lot and your brain filters that out.

May 14, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #2,052 of 3,079
It only takes one time of trying that when comparing headphones to realize it doesn't work hahaha. Every time. Your brain tries and helps you out by similarizing the effects kinda like how your eyes actually jiggle a lot and your brain filters that out.

Sort of sums up just about every review for anything on the Internet. :D

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #2,053 of 3,079
Sort of sums up just about every review for anything on the Internet, ever :D

article-0-196A725700000578-497_634x308.jpg

Car reviewer testing out horsepower of two vehicles by straddlign them both simultaneously.

That's gotta be the equivalent of wearing two headphones at the same time right?.........right?

May 15, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #2,055 of 3,079
IT01 are very good, I actually prefer the sound and comfort of the IT01 for longer listening sessions, the overall tonal balance is much less fatiguing and the shell fits my ears better.

I also find the shells a better fit for longer sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back