iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
May 8, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #1,996 of 3,079
May 8, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,997 of 3,079
How normal is driver flex on IT01? Got mine and it's the worst I had on any IEM. I always insert IEMs gently so I don't get driver flex on any of my headphones, but with these I always get some crackling noise. Checked the vent hole and it doesn't seem to be clogged, air can pass. I am thinking to return them to Amazon and try another set.

May 8, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #1,998 of 3,079
How normal is driver flex on IT01? Got mine and it's the worst I had on any IEM. I always insert IEMs gently so I don't get driver flex on any of my headphones, but with these I always get some crackling noise. Checked the vent hole and it doesn't seem to be clogged, air can pass. I am thinking to return them to Amazon and try another set.

Pretty normal, as far as I know.

May 8, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #2,000 of 3,079
Here's a thought and it's just a thought, could it be the graphene driver that flex's a bit more than other drivers? Does anyone have another graphene based driver to compare to? Personally I do not find annoying at all but that's just me.

My graphenes:
  • Magaosi K3 Pro - flex
  • UiiSii CM5 - no flex
  • BlitzWolf ES1 - no flex
  • **** PT15 - flex
  • QKZ VK1 - no flex
In my experience (regardless of diaphragm type), flex is related to the front vent (by the nozzle). If an IEM doesn't have a front vent, it's blocked with glue, or it's inadequately sized (ie too small), it won't allow pressure from insertion to vent fast enough, and you'll get flex.

May 8, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #2,001 of 3,079
My graphenes:
  • Magaosi K3 Pro - flex
  • UiiSii CM5 - no flex
  • **** PT15 - flex
  • QKZ VK1 - no flex
In my experience (regardless of diaphragm type), flex is related to the front vent (by the nozzle). If an IEM doesn't have a front vent, it's blocked with glue, or it's inadequately sized (ie too small), it won't allow pressure from insertion to vent fast enough, and you'll get flex.

How do you get flex with PT15 which is an earbud?

May 8, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #2,002 of 3,079
How do you get flex with PT15 which is an earbud?

I wear earbuds sideways (with no foam covers), so they quasi-seal in my ears. The sound improves 500%.

I've converted a number of people around here to the "Dark side(ways) of the Force" lol

dark side.jpg

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #2,003 of 3,079

My graphenes:
  • Magaosi K3 Pro - flex
  • UiiSii CM5 - no flex
  • **** PT15 - flex
  • QKZ VK1 - no flex

In case of IT01, it seems that vent hole material in front chamber of driver/nozzle is too "thick" as I get same occasional driver flex even when open-back.
But tighter that vent material is, faster and more punchy bass/percussion response is. So, it is good as it is when it comes to SQ - just need to use soft silicone tips and insert slowly.

May 8, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #2,005 of 3,079
Yeah, I'll second the idea of these having the most driver flex of anything in my collection...TBH I didn't really know what driver flex really meant until having these, and thought I was just having ear issues.

May 8, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #2,006 of 3,079

Normal. Have some on mine. It's not something that breaks breaks it.

May 9, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #2,009 of 3,079
Open-back IT01... sounds great. Soundstage width seems slightly improved and more "airy" open soundfield.
Need to tune bass quantity (mainly sub-bass) to little less... without EQ. I have ideas. These drivers have serious potential.
Backplates going to CAD drawing...
9937760_l.jpg

I was little surprised IT01 having another nylon mesh under metal nozzle mesh. Slightly improved clarity and details when open-nozzle, as expected.
Going to keep it open.
I keep my gem IEMs in hardcase all the time, clean my ears regularly and do long listening sessions in quiet environment, so, to me it is ok having open nozzle and driver helmholz resonator "enclosure" anyway has small hole in front of driver, so, harder to get any "dirt" onto membrane.

Bass quantity tune mod still in process but when I succeed - IT01 will be better sounding (flatter) than it already is, to me of course ;P

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back