iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 16, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #1,141 of 3,079
I like this conch design. Never used it before. Flange is more fussy for me.

Note: I do have some issue with figuring out which ear is which, so I put a very small piece of colorful tape on the right cable- problem solved :D. I really hate this. I have it with the Bose QC 20's also. Just a brief moment of indecision; very irritating. (i'm going to do it with the Bose now. It was that red and blue version that gave me the idea. (mine are black). With larger headphones it's always looking to see which cable indicates the left side (with single cable design). If I had to resort to reading some tiny lettering i'd give them up. :D
At first it can be frustrating but I don't even have to look at them now and I put them on in the dark almost every night for a listening session before I fall asleep.
When I put them in I grab one of the hooks with my right hand hang it on my thumb and rotate the earpiece with my free fingers from the same hand as I'm about to put it in. After you've had them for a while you can tell instantly if it's the right one by the space between the hook and the earpiece in your hand and it becomes second nature.

If you are enjoying them now wait until they limber up a bit and your brain gets used to their spacious dynamic thick airy and crisp highly detailed signature. If you listen to them in a dark and quiet room with some good recordings they will really blow your mind with their space presence positioning and delicate micro details mixed in with their dynamic powerful signature.
Ridiculous musings for a $99 IEM right? Oh well I'm just sharing what I'm hearing after listening to them at least 6 hours a day for the past couple of months. Enjoy

Feb 16, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,142 of 3,079
Whoo! Just bought my pair on amazon. Can't wait to try it. Anyone know of a good cheap amp to pair it with? I'm using a macbook. Would an ELE EL-D01 and a Fiio E6 be a good pair for them?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #1,144 of 3,079
Just a bit of a non-sequitur. Was listening to The Wall with the IT01 today out of my tablet. And about half way through I just..kept..pushing..the..volume..up. Didn't go as loud as possible, because I doubt the tablet without an amp would be worth it sound quality wise. But I now know what I'm trying this weekend. Going to listen a little louder than I usually do out of my iFi Black Label, not enough for damage, but just to see what these babies can do when pushed. I don't really push my gear like I would have when I was younger. I've been to enough concerts, and around enough loud work environments, and have gotten away with relatively unharmed hearing. Just the occasional ringing for brief periods. So I'm kind of careful now because music is one of those things I can still enjoy where aging hasn't ruined it for me. Yet.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #1,145 of 3,079
Just a bit of a non-sequitur. Was listening to The Wall with the IT01 today out of my tablet. And about half way through I just..kept..pushing..the..volume..up. Didn't go as loud as possible, because I doubt the tablet without an amp would be worth it sound quality wise. But I now know what I'm trying this weekend. Going to listen a little louder than I usually do out of my iFi Black Label, not enough for damage, but just to see what these babies can do when pushed. I don't really push my gear like I would have when I was younger. I've been to enough concerts, and around enough loud work environments, and have gotten away with relatively unharmed hearing. Just the occasional ringing for brief periods. So I'm kind of careful now because music is one of those things I can still enjoy where aging hasn't ruined it for me. Yet.

Come over to the iBasso table...I have The Wall in DSD. Ridiculous...it's just ridiculous...

I totally hear you about pushing gear...I've been to over 300 rock concerts, have worked on large construction sites for over 30yrs, and have a penchant for very loud rock and roll....

That being said...come on over lol...

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #1,146 of 3,079
Come over to the iBasso table...I have The Wall in DSD. Ridiculous...it's just ridiculous...

I totally hear you about pushing gear...I've been to over 300 rock concerts, have worked on large construction sites for over 30yrs, and have a penchant for very loud rock and roll....

That being said...come on over lol...
Man I wish I could be there, have you had a chance to try the IT04s yet?

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #1,147 of 3,079
Man I wish I could be there, have you had a chance to try the IT04s yet?

Yup! I've been burning them in ALL week so they'll sound fantastic tomorrow!

Feb 17, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #1,148 of 3,079
Want to get IT01 but any 3rd party FR graphs available? I can`t seem to find FR graphs from google image search.... weird.

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,151 of 3,079
Ordered some today as well, being delivered Monday. These will make good back up for my Rhapsodio Zombies, looking forward to trying them balanced out of the WM1Z. Just need to pick some 2 pin to MMCX adapters up first.

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #1,152 of 3,079
After a week using the iBasso IT01 (120 €) with a FiiO X3II, it really shines without needing extensive burn-in and it has clearly better SQ as compared to both my expensive and beloved 'woodie' JVC FX-850 (290 €) and the Pioneer SE-CH9T (90 €). It has better clarity and definition in high and low frequencies, as well as perceived soundstage and instrument separation. The only drawback of the IT01 is that voices seem to be a bit recessed, but it is worse in the JVC and the Pioneer. Sound signature is similar to berillium or titanium-coated diaphragms like my Xiaomi Pistons v2 (berillium) or the FiiO EX1 (titanium), but with improved bass and sub-bass response and detail in high- and mid-range. I did not see a frequency response graph, but it is a fun U-shaped response as already commented. Best 100-150 euros IEM you can purchase right now.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #1,153 of 3,079
Oh man, after that comment... I want it! I like really WANT IT NOW! ...in red& blue! It should be straight jump to next SQ level from ZS5v1. It should perform really great with my modified iBasso DX5X.
I think I will soon break and just order it.... and will eat cheapo macaronis for rest of month ;D

Still, why are there no frequency graphs about IT01 out there? I remember HiFiChris review having graphs but his site is down for "mystical" reasons.

And where is best and safest place to order IT01 in EU (without excessive price extra) ? Or should I go with Penon?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,154 of 3,079
Oh man, after that comment... I want it! I like really WANT IT NOW! ...in red& blue! It should be straight jump to next SQ level from ZS5v1. It should perform really great with my modified iBasso DX5X.
I think I will soon break and just order it.... and will eat cheapo macaronis for rest of month ;D

Still, why are there no frequency graphs about IT01 out there? I remember HiFiChris review having graphs but his site is down for "mystical" reasons.

And where is best and safest place to order IT01 in EU (without excessive price extra) ? Or should I go with Penon?

Penon was surprisingly fast for me (am in the UK), ordered on Saturday night, dispatched on Monday arrived on Thursday the same week.

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,155 of 3,079
Penon was surprisingly fast for me (am in the UK), ordered on Saturday night, dispatched on Monday arrived on Thursday the same week.
Yeah my oldest son ordered his from Penon and it took about a week to get to Canada. The $109.00 they charge includes fast DHL shipping so not bad for the $10.00 extra over Amazon if they don't ship to your country.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back