iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 14, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #1,112 of 3,079
Feb 14, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #1,113 of 3,079
This thread is gushing so profusely, it's a bit scary :D, I may buy these as I have about ten iBasso items (that I like much), and so What, right? (cables look a little heavy, but that is the in-thing). Iim wondering if i'd be embarrassed out in public with cables like this though. Fortunately, i'm a total shut in (just kidding). They are a bit much.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,114 of 3,079
This thread is gushing so profusely, it's a bit scary :D, I may buy these as I have about ten iBasso items (that I like much), and so What, right? (cables look a little heavy, but that is the in-thing). Iim wondering if i'd be embarrassed out in public with cables like this though. Fortunately, i'm a total shut in (just kidding). They are a bit much.

LOL gushing? Well for a $99 dollar IEM they are way above average. Ten iBasso items, you have more than I...and I've been buying iBasso products since the beginning...Cables look heavy? What makes you say that? These aren't heavy or heavily insulated at all...I don't get where you got that from? I'm looking at the different pictures showing the cabling and there are none that hint of what you mention. I notice that there was some editing from your original post there...I'm not going to go into the "burn in theory" but there are thousands of scientific articles that support the theory...no..your brain isn't "acclimating"...

I'd be interested in what pictures you saw of these IEM's that show a the cables looking heavy and embarrassing.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #1,115 of 3,079
LOL gushing? Well for a $99 dollar IEM they are way above average. Ten iBasso items, you have more than I...and I've been buying iBasso products since the beginning...Cables look heavy? What makes you say that? These aren't heavy or heavily insulated at all...I don't get where you got that from? I'm looking at the different pictures showing the cabling and there are none that hint of what you mention. I notice that there was some editing from your original post there...I'm not going to go into the "burn in theory" but there are thousands of scientific articles that support the theory...no..your brain isn't "acclimating"...

I'd be interested in what pictures you saw of these IEM's that show a the cables looking heavy and embarrassing.

Well now that you dredged up a post I edited 20 minutes ago almost immediately so I would not hear this sort of thing, my opinion, is that burn-in it's not real. That's my opinion. Now if this upsets you, I'm not sorry.

The cables look heavy to me. Why is this difficult to understand? It's pretty simple I think. Apparently you find this astonishing. Well, they are just pictures, so who the **** knows?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #1,116 of 3,079
Well now that you dredged up a post I edited 20 minutes ago almost immediately so I would not hear this sort of thing, my opinion, is that burn-in it's not real. That's my opinion. Now if this upsets you, I'm not sorry.

The cables look heavy to me. Why is difficult to understand? It's pretty simple I think. Apparently you find this astonishing. Well, they are just pictures, who the **** knows?

Fellow burn-in denier here. The cables aren't heavy at all. They are flexible and light, like a piece of string.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #1,117 of 3,079
Fellow burn-in denier here. The cables aren't heavy at all. They are flexible and light, like a piece of string.

Thanks. This guy jumped all over me. :D So I read your posts in this thread, and thought that they were probably the most even tempered. What's you take on these? People here seem crazy about them, but you know how that is....here (and elsewhere) :D

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #1,118 of 3,079

LOL "now that I dredged up..." What is that? LOL...then we follow up with..."Now if this upsets you..." LOL...really dude? I'm guessing you're a dude, but after this, I'm not so sure.

The cables look heavy to me. Why is this difficult to understand? It's pretty simple I think. Apparently you find this astonishing. Well, they are just pictures, so who the **** knows?

And here we have the classic, "Why is that so difficult to understand?" followed with the obligatory, "It's pretty simple I think..." Along with other disparaging words...

How about this...grow up. Lose the snide attitude and get over yourself. Period.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #1,119 of 3,079
Thanks. This guy jumped all over me. :D So I read your posts in this thread, and thought that they were probably the most even tempered. What's you take on these? People here seem crazy about them, but you know how that is....here (and elsewhere) :D

Jumped all over you? WOW...lol. I have nothing to say other than if you think THAT'S jumping all over you, you've been sheltered.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #1,120 of 3,079
Mids- Clear, uncolored, but ever so slightly recessed. VERY detailed for a single dynamic.
Highs- A bit forward but not grainy or sibilant. Pretty much just right.
Lows- Elevated, goes very deep. Sounds to me like you have a subwoofer that's turned up just a hair too much (in my opinion). This is most evident in songs that have a bass guitar scale. As the scale goes down in pitch, it gets louder. This is pretty noticeable if you can find the right song. A bass note sweep would probably reveal this too.

Get them if you are a basshead or like a bit of extra low end punch in your music.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #1,121 of 3,079

Hey man, I respect your opinion on burn in, it's the way this guy comes across that screams bullsh*t.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #1,122 of 3,079
Burn in is real .. one has to decide whether they are burning in their kit or their brain. The end result is identical.

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #1,123 of 3,079
Forgive me if this question has come up in this thread, but how does the sound signature of the IT01 compare to the RHA MA750?

From what i've read in this thread it seems that the IT01 has more sparkly highs, similar mids, and maybe slightly less bass than the RHA. Is that about right? I'm looking for an IEM that is a little less bass heavy than the RHA unit, but offers the same build quality and comfort (I love the ear hooks!).

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #1,124 of 3,079
Mids- Clear, uncolored, but ever so slightly recessed. VERY detailed for a single dynamic.
Highs- A bit forward but not grainy or sibilant. Pretty much just right.
Lows- Elevated, goes very deep. Sounds to me like you have a subwoofer that's turned up just a hair too much (in my opinion). This is most evident in songs that have a bass guitar scale. As the scale goes down in pitch, it gets louder. This is pretty noticeable if you can find the right song. A bass note sweep would probably reveal this too.

Get them if you are a basshead or like a bit of extra low end punch in your music.

Well, I'm not 'exactly' a basshead. But my (very nice) ER4's are bass shy, and so...... I was looking at the Shure ES215's, which are dated it looks like, and the iMore triple, but those are consumer items probably. I have a pair of Bose QC 20 which are really good, but you have to charge them. My hearing is shot anyway, but I need to deal with these in-ear jobs now, for various reasons, so i'm here (and off to good start, no? ) :D

Feb 14, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #1,125 of 3,079
Well, I'm not 'exactly' a basshead. But my (very nice) ER4's are bass shy, and so...... I was looking at the Shure ES215's, which are dated it looks like, and the iMore triple, but those are consumer items probably. I have a pair of Bose QC 20 which are really good, but you have to charge them. My hearing is shot anyway, but I need to deal with these in-ear jobs now, for various reasons, so i'm here (and off to good start, no? ) :D

Stay away from the SE215, unless you can try them locally before you buy. I used to have a pair but gave them away to my friend. They are very veiled and soft in the treble and mids. The IT01 are far superior, actually. I don't have them with me to A/B unfortunately. The only good thing about the Shure SE215 is the build quality and shape. The sound is meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back