iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 14, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #1,126 of 3,079
Stay away from the SE215, unless you can try them locally before you buy. I used to have a pair but gave them away to my friend. They are very veiled and soft in the treble and mids. The IT01 are far superior, actually. I don't have them with me to A/B unfortunately. The only good thing about the Shure SE215 is the build quality and shape. The sound is meh.

Yeah, i'll probably go iBasso. I've been buying them over the years, so it's brand loyalty at this point (I know). But going by this thread, and THE PRICE, i'm warming. :)

One last thing to piss everyone off :D I'm wondering if any of these outfits really believe in burn-in. If I was selling I would be reluctant to dissuade anyone from this. If they feel they need to listen to it for a long, long time, who would I be to talk them out of it?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #1,127 of 3,079
Yeah, i'll probably go iBasso. I've been buying them over the years, so it's brand loyalty at this point (I know). But going by this thread, and THE PRICE, i'm warming. :)

One last thing to piss everyone off :D I'm wondering if any of these outfits really believe in burn-in. If I was selling I would be reluctant to dissuade anyone from this. If they feel they need to listen to it for a long, long time, who would I be to talk them out of it?

Please remember to burn these in well. Because of the layered graphene we had used and the amount of copper in the cable they take a while to limber up. I was not happy at first with our final design but the specs were there. I let them go and go and then the sound came in and now find them very enjoyable to listen to the full detailed sound. I like reading your feedback, good or bad so please participate. Also the carrying case protects them very well. Enjoy the music.

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #1,128 of 3,079

Yes I read that a while ago. Interesting. It makes no difference what people believe in regards to this, And certainly happily listening while expecting it to improve over time, could not hurt :D

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #1,129 of 3,079
For my ears, they get better with burn in. The black one here is a new pair and the red/blue one has been burned in for almost a hundred hours now. Again, for my ears, there are no dramatic changes but I hear the bass and treble as more refined after some time. OOTB, they sounded a bit muddy and grainy but still great, IMO.

25590167_10214980033124981_1971467518_o.jpg

No graph to show burn in is real but his comparison between a new pair against a burned in IT01 is somewhat believable IMO.. I guess that's the best way to know so far whether burn in really can or can't make any difference. :)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #1,131 of 3,079
We're going to have two pairs of the IT01's for everyone to try out at the NYC CanJam this weekend!

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #1,132 of 3,079
Well I got mine (Amazon same day). They certainly are lively :) . Fit, and all that stuff is excellent. A real class act; very comfortable. Bass is extreme, but these things can grow on you, and it's a matter of taste. Also, just got them so it will take time. They seem very good, but only time will tell, if the bass will be ok, etc.

I can see why people are recommending them. Geesh, $100? Go iBasso..... :D

BTW, using an iBasso Bushmaster. The Bushmaster is very good IMO. 400ma as I remember.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #1,133 of 3,079
Regarding to burn-in. I do not say, if I´m believer or not, but I´m wondering how objective can be comparison with one earphones before and 100/150 hours after? What I do believe for sure is brain burn-in.

Feb 16, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #1,135 of 3,079
Regarding to burn-in. I do not say, if I´m believer or not, but I´m wondering how objective can be comparison with one earphones before and 100/150 hours after? What I do believe for sure is brain burn-in.

There's a post a couple pages back from a guy that has a pair with 100+ hours on it and a new pair and he states the difference is audible. I too heard the sound changing but have no new pair to compare.
With the IT01 it's a long 200+ hours burn in and it's not a night and day difference. Treble loses graininess and becomes smooth, mid-bass becomes more tame and all bass range becomes much better controlled, then mids are brought more forward towards the 200 hours mark.
My initial impression was that the IT01 has a V shaped sound which became a slight U shaped sound after burn in.
Sweet headphones, congratulations on your choice!

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #1,136 of 3,079
Yes, if one compare A to B new set against fully burned one, than that can be consider as objective comparison. I got two pairs already. First one with about 200hours, my friend convinced me and I sold it to him, But I missed IT01 so much, that I ordered new pair. I have now on this one maybe about 80 hours and yes I like sound a lot and more and more. But by the memory I can not say for sure, how IT01 sound fresh from the box. All I remember that I liked them even then and now my love for IT01 sound is still growing. I do not try to convinced anyone, that burning is a myth ( yes on cables is ), but I like to say, that not small part of this burn-in period play our brain and how we get used to new sound.

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1,137 of 3,079
Yes, if one compare A to B new set against fully burned one, than that can be consider as objective comparison. I got two pairs already. First one with about 200hours, my friend convinced me and I sold it to him, But I missed IT01 so much, that I ordered new pair. I have now on this one maybe about 80 hours and yes I like sound a lot and more and more. But by the memory I can not say for sure, how IT01 sound fresh from the box. All I remember that I liked them even then and now my love for IT01 sound is still growing. I do not try to convinced anyone, that burning is a myth ( yes on cables is ), but I like to say, that not small part of this burn-in period play our brain and how we get used to new sound.

Well you can always ask your friend to bring them over and A/B them.

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #1,138 of 3,079
I like this conch design. Never used it before. Flange is more fussy for me.

Note: I do have some issue with figuring out which ear is which, so I put a very small piece of colorful tape on the right cable- problem solved :D. I really hate this. I have it with the Bose QC 20's also. Just a brief moment of indecision; very irritating. (i'm going to do it with the Bose now. It was that red and blue version that gave me the idea. (mine are black). With larger headphones it's always looking to see which cable indicates the left side (with single cable design). If I had to resort to reading some tiny lettering i'd give them up. :D

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #1,140 of 3,079
Well then that's not going to work lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back