iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 12, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,082 of 3,079
I actually prefer the iT01 to the iT03’s, the 3s have a weird shape that doesnt fit properly in one of my ears and I think for the price, iT01 is excellent value.

I find the iT01’s to have good bass, not bass heavy however, and, this is my only mark against them, I find the mid’s to be not exactly obscured but they seem to be slightly muffled on some songs, like whomever was singing was singing or playing behind a curtain, thats the only fault I could find with these iem’s.

Otherwise they are Excellent Value for money, My cable was damaged beyond repair in an accident :frowning2: and I have resorted to using a less than stellar cable in its place.

Excellent cable it was, It gave its life to music and will never be forgotten, I might actually buy another set of iT01s just for the cable because its really nice and supple.

It’s a bargain for less than £90, the cable alone makes it worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #1,084 of 3,079
So I'll be honest and say that I originally bought these to swipe the beautiful cable for my LZ-A5. With that said, I've been using the IT01 more than anything in my collection! I recently paired them with the NiceHCK HB1 AptX Bluetooth Lanyard... Now I have the best gym IEMs out there.

iBasso deserves the 73 pages of praise... These are magical IEMs. I wish I still had my periodics to compare, but these will be coming to CanJam NYC for that very purpose.

Feb 12, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #1,085 of 3,079
I just got my AMP4 for the DX200 from Paul and hooked up my IT01's to it start the amps burn in...

HOLY crap...

Absolutely unreal. The difference is like night and day...I was using an external amp for just about everything but not any longer. Right now I'm hearing different ranges that I never heard from the IT01's before. I'm playing rock, classical, and some pop through this and I'm comparing it to the sound of my JH Audio Angies. The IT01's definitely sound more "FUN" if you know what I mean. The Angies are more neutral, but the IT01's are...as I said before...

kick ass...

Feb 12, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #1,086 of 3,079
The IT01's were the sixth IEM I've purchased since November when I came back to Head-Fi. I've liked everything I've purchased but the IT01, for me, have been the best. Call me, text me, email me when the IT01s get an upgrade or there's another $100-ish IEM that totally outperforms these in instrument separation, tonality and detail. Using an LG V30+, high impedance mode and triple flange tips and these things are fantastic so far with my FLAC collection.

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #1,088 of 3,079
Just go to iBasso.com. That's where I started my iBasso addiction 10yrs ago...lol.

Feb 12, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #1,089 of 3,079
Anyone from the NYC area here? The 2018 NYC CanJam is at the Marriot Hotel next weekend. I'll be there at the iBasso table with John (jamato) showing off lots of goodies!

Feb 13, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #1,090 of 3,079
Anyone from the NYC area here? The 2018 NYC CanJam is at the Marriot Hotel next weekend. I'll be there at the iBasso table with John (jamato) showing off lots of goodies!

I'll see you there!

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #1,092 of 3,079
I just got my AMP4 for the DX200 from Paul and hooked up my IT01's to it start the amps burn in...

HOLY crap...

Absolutely unreal. The difference is like night and day...I was using an external amp for just about everything but not any longer. Right now I'm hearing different ranges that I never heard from the IT01's before. I'm playing rock, classical, and some pop through this and I'm comparing it to the sound of my JH Audio Angies. The IT01's definitely sound more "FUN" if you know what I mean. The Angies are more neutral, but the IT01's are...as I said before...

kick ass...

You're killing me, really :D
Can I ask what cable you're using with the IT01 to be playing in on the AMP4 (I assume you're using the iBasso 2.5 to 4.4 adaptor)?

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #1,093 of 3,079
You're killing me, really :D
Can I ask what cable you're using with the IT01 to be playing in on the AMP4 (I assume you're using the iBasso 2.5 to 4.4 adaptor)?

LOL sorry bro, I was quite excited last night! I am using the CB12 cable with the 4.4 adapter. It's been burning in all night/day now so I can't wait to get this amp seasoned and give her a listen!

Feb 13, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #1,094 of 3,079
LOL sorry bro, I was quite excited last night! I am using the CB12 cable with the 4.4 adapter. It's been burning in all night/day now so I can't wait to get this amp seasoned and give her a listen!

Thanks man. I worked the iBasso stall at CanJam London with John last summer! Give him my regards in NYC :)
The CB12 is the cable I"m using with the the IT01 and AMP3.
But yeah, I'm really starting to crave the AMP4 and CA02 adaptor. Gotta catch 'em all :D

Feb 13, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #1,095 of 3,079
As already said, the IT01 significantly changes its sound signature with tip rolling. If I use wide-bore tips highs and detail are great, voices are closer, but midbass decreases a lot. If I use the narrow-bore tips, it loses detail and soundstage, voices are perceived as distant, but midbass and sub-bass are great. I tested JVC spiral dot tips, but high frequencies are grainy and voices are distant. Which tips are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back