iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 27, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #931 of 3,079
Forgetting about R&D, what do you think it's more expensive for iBasso: cable or IT01?

Jan 27, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #932 of 3,079
I would say the GR07BE it's tuned more neutral than IT01. Compared to IT01, GR07BE have less both sub and mid bass and treble have a slightly less sparkle but the mids are more upfront and defined.

Currently using stock IT01 cable on GR07BE (improves the secure fit a lot for me) and CB12 cable on IT03.

Gorgeous. Thanks for the response, jaxz! Would you say they're different enough to warrant owning both?

Anyone else compare these to other IEMs in the sub $100 range? I read Pinky's comparison to the Oriveti Basic, and although I love the warmth of those, I have to agree that these are in another league in terms of detail retrieval and separation.

Jan 27, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #933 of 3,079
Forgetting about R&D, what do you think it's more expensive for iBasso: cable or IT01?

I bet cable, by a long shot. More money went into development of the IEM obviously, but just material/manufacturing cost - cable should be more expensive.
With mass production - plastic shells, metal nozzle, female mmcx and other small parts cost almost nothing while drivers are a lot cheaper than people think and probably cost like 10$ a pair. Cable has a lot more raw material which costs due to quantity.

Jan 28, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #934 of 3,079
Gorgeous. Thanks for the response, jaxz! Would you say they're different enough to warrant owning both?

Anyone else compare these to other IEMs in the sub $100 range? I read Pinky's comparison to the Oriveti Basic, and although I love the warmth of those, I have to agree that these are in another league in terms of detail retrieval and separation.

I've had recently F9, 1More Triple Driver, FH1 (received yesterday) and it's a no contest.

Even if it were (I'm licking the FH1 a lot, but I miss some sparkle and separation), the cable would close any debate.

Jan 28, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #935 of 3,079
Jan 28, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #937 of 3,079
I've had recently F9, 1More Triple Driver, FH1 (received yesterday) and it's a no contest.

Even if it were (I'm licking the FH1 a lot, but I miss some sparkle and separation), the cable would close any debate.
Tried it once. Didn't like the taste and it was like giving myself a wet-willy. My brother used to do this to me all the time. Kind of spoiled the fun. lol

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #939 of 3,079
Caved and ordered

Should arrive Thursday, will chalk up the hours over the weekend (burn in) as have a lot of train travelling the following week

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #941 of 3,079
Got mine a few days back and wanted to ask how much burn in is recommended for this. Since i will be using it balanced with the zx300 sadly i won't be using the beautiful cable.

Jan 29, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #942 of 3,079
Got mine a few days back and wanted to ask how much burn in is recommended for this. Since i will be using it balanced with the zx300 sadly i won't be using the beautiful cable.
From what I've read 50-200 hrs is when they hit the sweet spot. Just got mine today...out of the box sound is incredibly good but I find the sound stage to be not as wide as I anticipated...not bad, just more intimate. I'll be breaking them in at work this week.

Jan 29, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #943 of 3,079
From what I've read 50-200 hrs is when they hit the sweet spot. Just got mine today...out of the box sound is incredibly good but I find the sound stage to be not as wide as I anticipated...not bad, just more intimate. I'll be breaking them in at work this week.
Thank you for the reply. From what i have been told, wide bore tips would serve you well to increase the stage a bit more.

Jan 29, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #944 of 3,079
JVC Spiral Dots do nice things for the stage and overall balance.

Jan 29, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #945 of 3,079

While they were very full and thick sounding out of the box I found mine to be almost unlistenable at first due to the grainy treble and congestion in the upper mids when played loud.
I started to enjoy them around 50 hours when they started to smooth out a bit, between 75-125 hours the bass tightens up and the mid bass settles down. At that point I was enjoying them and thought they sounded awesome with great dynamics wide sound stage and instrument separation and detail retrieval on another level but thought the mids while okay could be a little more sweet but I thought they were fine and I kept listening and enjoyed them every chance I could.
I now have over 200 hours and I'm not sure exactly when it happened but the midrange has come alive and sweetened up to me. I don't find the IT01s to be a heavily V shaped IEM after 200 hours of use as some of the reviews make them out to be. I know they are not a flat reference IEM but I find them to be a full spacious dynamic thick listening experience with sometimes lush and detailed mids (depending on the recording) with edgy crisp and airy but never sibilant highs. I am enjoying them more every time I plug them in wheather it be from my DAP, phone or laptop and I hear old music come alive with new details and dynamics that I can't stop listening to.
It sucks that you can't use the awesome cable they came with because I think it is a big part of the sound they can produce. Maybe you can do what dontcallmejan did and have the stock cable reterminated to balanced and have the original plug reterminated as a 3.5mm adapter then you could use the amazing stock cable with any source you may have.
Good luck and enjoy the music.

Had my stock cable reterminated to balanced. Since the Ibasso jack can't be opened, it had to be cut. I decided to let them cut 2 inches to be used as a 3.5mm adapter!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back