iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 8, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #725 of 3,079
I guess you just have to be careful, to a certain extent it's just a "feature" of dynamic drivers, they can only make so many vents.

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #726 of 3,079
Picked these up today, the cable is really outstanding, amazing how they managed to fit it in within this price range. Burning in the IEMS now, so far so good, albeit some driver flex annoyance.

Jan 8, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #727 of 3,079
For driver flex, please insert the IT01 slowly. There are 2 vent holes on each IT01. The one closest the nozzle is for relieving pressure as the IEM is inserted. Please make sure your finger is not over the hole, that the IT01 is inserted slowly to allow the pressure to vent through the hole and you can insert at an angle to allow air to go around the tip. Each driver vent is inspected during assembly.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 8, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #728 of 3,079
For driver flex, please insert the IT01 slowly. There are 2 vent holes on each IT01. The one closest the nozzle is for relieving pressure as the IEM is inserted. Please make sure your finger is not over the hole, that the IT01 is inserted slowly to allow the pressure to vent through the hole and you can insert at an angle to allow air to go around the tip. Each driver vent is inspected during assembly.

How slowly are we talking about? :open_mouth: Can I damage the IEM by inserting it roughly or sealing it too tightly?:confused:

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #729 of 3,079
How slowly are we talking about? :open_mouth: Can I damage the IEM by inserting it roughly or sealing it too tightly?:confused:
If I push them in fast I get some flex. If I just push them in, not real slow but taking a couple of seconds I get none. I would just experiment. Even if I use tips that seal real tight, no issue, just don't jam them in real fast.

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #730 of 3,079

I think the system is quite good actually, it really solves driver flex as long as you're a bit gentle with them :darthsmile:

Really pleased with the results actually, I am sensitive to driver Flex and IT01 is not an issue for me!

Jan 8, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #732 of 3,079
Has anyone compared these to the Focal Sphear S?
They are currently the same price in UK.
Any thoughts would be welcome.

No idea about the Focals, but unless you go beyond 100$, IT01 is one of the best there are resolution and detail wise, and I actually really like their tuning!

Jan 8, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #735 of 3,079
Hi all, after some reassurances that the IT01 would partner well with portable dac/amps I went ahead and got a pair via Amazon.

Unfortunately the right one is noticeably louder than the left one. This is my first over-ear IEM though. Is there a method to test whether it is equipment or operator error?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back