iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 17, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #452 of 3,079
Yes that is unfortunately the truth and it goes fast from there....
There are IEMs that cost much more as you are aware. We have worked hard to bring some of the high-end sound at a very affordable price. I know that it is always best to use your money wisely and for that we have packed a lot into the IT01 and the accessories. With that you can purchase the IT01 and truly enjoy the music.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 17, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #453 of 3,079
There are IEMs that cost much more as you are aware. We have worked hard to bring some of the high-end sound at a very affordable price. I know that it is always best to use your money wisely and for that we have packed a lot into the IT01 and the accessories. With that you can purchase the IT01 and truly enjoy the music.

No doubt on these words. I've owned some similarly priced or more expensive ones but sounded "less" for me.

Dec 17, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #455 of 3,079

This was not ment against any of your iems or other products in general, I am sorry you understood it that way, my bad. Is was more towards the hobby in general, it's very easy to spend a fortune, one purchase easily leads to another. But that is one of the reasons why we are on this site :)

Ibasso does indeed make very affordable quality products including the IT01. But we are waiting for IT04... :)

Dec 17, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #457 of 3,079
Ordered :hugging:It would be the most expensive IEMs I've ever purchased. Will be using my KZ ZS5s for transit:head_bandage:

Dec 17, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #458 of 3,079
After 168 hours of burn-in, I am now enjoying the IT01 again.

I'm not saying it needed burn-in, but as a reviewer I always run it through for a week. Just my due diligence. Likewise I'm also not claiming it made zero difference. When they first arrived, I listened for too brief a period to say one way or another.

Now that I'm listening again, I hear superb detail and resolution. A neutral-warm, musical presentation, with tight, textured bass that goes deep, and sparkly, well-extended highs. The vocals are clear, transparent, and expertly rendered.

The soundstage is quite good, competing with some FAR more expensive IEMs.

Right now I favor these over anything else I heard under $400. That includes the New Primacy and FLC8s. After I spend more time with the IT01, that may change. But good lord, these things are a technical and emotional delight.

I can't give a true comparison to the IT03, since I only heard that for a short time many months ago. Yet the IT01 is striking me as the better IEM. Again, take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #459 of 3,079
After 168 hours of burn-in, I am now enjoying the IT01 again.

I'm not saying it needed burn-in, but as a reviewer I always run it through for a week. Just my due diligence. Likewise I'm also not claiming it made zero difference. When they first arrived, I listened for too brief a period to say one way or another.

Now that I'm listening again, I hear superb detail and resolution. A neutral-warm, musical presentation, with tight, textured bass that goes deep, and sparkly, well-extended highs. The vocals are clear, transparent, and expertly rendered.

The soundstage is quite good, competing with some FAR more expensive IEMs.

Right now I favor these over anything else I heard under $400. That includes the New Primacy and FLC8s. After I spend more time with the IT01, that may change. But good lord, these things are a technical and emotional delight.

I can't give a true comparison to the IT03, since I only heard that for a short time many months ago. Yet the IT01 is striking me as the better IEM. Again, take that with a grain of salt.

How does this compare to the U12 you had? Including the sub bass comparison?

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #460 of 3,079
How does this compare to the U12 you had? Including the sub bass comparison?

The IT01 goes as deep as U12, but U12 has greater quantity, texture and detail.

On the whole, U12 has better stage depth and width, with superior layering. It has a more resolved, refined sound.

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #461 of 3,079
The IT01 goes as deep as U12, but U12 has greater quantity, texture and detail.

On the whole, U12 has better stage depth and width, with superior layering. It has a more resolved, refined sound.

Ahh so the U12 has more sub bass? Thanks, was looking for a budget IEM with more sub bass, looks like the IT01 is not it.

Dec 17, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #463 of 3,079
Ahh so the U12 has more sub bass? Thanks, was looking for a budget IEM with more sub bass, looks like the IT01 is not it.

Maybe check out the Oriveti Basic. Very big quantities of bass and warmth. IT01 is far more neutral and clear.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #464 of 3,079
Maybe time to think about mods :ksc75smile: You could make the front vent hole smaller with the standard tape and pinprick mod.

That would just boost the mid bass. You could do the tape and pinprick mod on the back vent to shift bass emphasis towards sub bass.

(Disclaimer: I haven't actually tried it on the IT01, only had those for 2 days)

Dec 18, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #465 of 3,079
They are back in stock at Advanced Mp3 Players (UK), I have just ordered a pair (coupon code still works). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back