iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 15, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #436 of 3,079
Yeah I prefer just to use my phone, the other aspects you mention don't really bother me. I will see how the IT01 sounds straight from my phone first then I'll consider buying a portable Amp/DAC. I've read on this thread that even a phone can drive the IT01 easily, so I'll see how it goes first.
I mostly use it with an iPhone 7 Plus if that helps but scales really well amped. I still hear plenty of detail just using my phone. I listen to mostly lossless files with some 320 mixed in.

Dec 16, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #439 of 3,079
After about 100 hours of listening is not my love for IT01 any weaker. I wrote few words about that in review section, in case anyone is interested. Hope will help some of you :)

Interesting comparison you made there. Looks like this IEM is really holding on its own against higher-priced ones. That I will not disagree with. :grin::ok_hand:

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #441 of 3,079
After about 100 hours of listening is not my love for IT01 any weaker. I wrote few words about that in review section, in case anyone is interested. Hope will help some of you :)
I can't find the review. What section is it in? thanks.

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #443 of 3,079
Dec 16, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #444 of 3,079
I'm also going back and forth between IT01 at €130 and CH9T at €90, now that they are in a discount price, I am not sure if it's worth to spend the extra €40 for iBasso, unfortunately I can't buy overseas so I have to stick to the EU market
Although if the differences are not that extreme between these 2 I could go for the more affordable option. I'm mainly interested in midrange, lush guitars and vocals, clarity and good soundstage, also my source will be almost exclusively my HTC M9 and I will use them on the go, never at home.
So I don't know if it's worth to invest more if I don't have any better source at the moment. Any further input is more than welcome! :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #445 of 3,079
I know, but at 120eu without shipping I didn't care to mention it. It does sell pioneer CH9T at a discount price though that had been peaking my interesting

I'm also going back and forth between IT01 at €130 and CH9T at €90, now that they are in a discount price, I am not sure if it's worth to spend the extra €40 for iBasso, unfortunately I can't buy overseas so I have to stick to the EU market
Although if the differences are not that extreme between these 2 I could go for the more affordable option. I'm mainly interested in midrange, lush guitars and vocals, clarity and good soundstage, also my source will be almost exclusively my HTC M9 and I will use them on the go, never at home.
So I don't know if it's worth to invest more if I don't have any better source at the moment. Any further input is more than welcome! :wink:

I have both of these. I posted a short comparison a few pages back. The CH9T is good when you listen to it. But when you do a side by side with the IT01, you'll immediately notice the stark difference between the two, especially the lack of enjoyment on the CH9T. That's for me at least.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #446 of 3,079

I had the CH9T as well and I used them solely as my main IEM whether my source is a DAP or smartphone. However, the moment I auditioned the IT01 and did A/B comparison with the CH9T, I immediately sold it to purchase the IT01. Don't get me wrong, CH9T is one of the best sounding and affordable IEM's in the market but I just felt the IT01 is a huge improvement over the ch9t sound quality wise.,.

Dec 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #449 of 3,079
Decisions, decisions... :D
I might then wait a bit more, when IT01 becomes a bit more affordable and more people test it!
I'm not in a hurry but this is going to be my sole and most expensive IEM so I have to choose wisely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back