iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 22, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,261 of 3,079
My version of X2 it's the Gibson with removable pads. I use X2 with iBasso dx50 and Shanling M2s, sometimes amped with Cayin C5, always flac and dsd files of jazz, classical and electro. I like it's bass and spacious sound but has little detail and sharpness and distorted highs.
Well, we are talking about littlebit different HPs (x1 vs. X2) but with my Aune T1 (hardware modified + Siemens E88CC goldpin) and custom low-impedance cable - it all balances X1 a lot and doesn`t sound bass oriented HP, rather neutral sided with little warmth and great dynamics/coherence with plenty of details. I`m using T1 @ med-gain mode, which outputs ~400mA juice (X1 can take up to 500mA). Maybe I`m just lucky with "perfect" gear match, idk, but I just can`t say it has little detail or sharpness, neither can I detect easily noticeable distorted highs. With iBasso DX50 (also hardware & firmware modded) X1 also sounds really great @ hi-gain (which outputs around 60-70mA).

Anyway, back to topic - IT01 seems to get more and more impressions which are right up to my taste and gear match, which makes me so eager to already hear them!
Hey if you ever get to modding the faceplates count me in bro!
Np, just that You pay the delivery :wink: IF I will manage (and dare) to open them without breaking and altering the sound, then I`ll post guide how to do it safely.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #1,262 of 3,079
I'm on my second day with these. So far so good. I think they'll end up being very comparable to my more expensive tfz king pro when they're properly burned in (right now the tfz definitely has the edge in bass depth and soundstage).

The cable that comes with these 100 dollar IEMs is pretty ridiculous. I should get my hiby r6 and balanced cable in a few days as well so I'm really looking forward to putting these through their paces.

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #1,263 of 3,079
Question, am I the only one left using a cd player with cd"s and amping with a Fiio E6 and E11...My IT01 sound beautiful through this setup but I'm wondering now how much I am missing without a true Dac/Amp combo..please boys and girls help me to spend the rest of my retirement fixed income..

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #1,264 of 3,079
Just to clarify, no (additional) hiss can be heard from M3S with IT03, only the one that the song/file might have. Enjoy!
IMG_20180222_121437046.jpg

:dt880smile:

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,265 of 3,079
I was gonna say. I also own the M3s. I have never heard hiss on the M3s. In fact I have never heard hiss on anything I own on the player including my most sensitive IEM the Zero Audio Doppio.

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #1,271 of 3,079
Man, with free shipping, it's worth!!!
Nice to see they are offering an IEM that will reveal its sound. After comparing some very high priced IEM's at CanJam, the IT01 totally hold up.

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,272 of 3,079
Oh crap, I`ve been ordering chi-fi products from AE & GB so much that I totally forgot about custom fees from Penon! Dammit! Should have ordered from UK for same overall price and got it faster too! Sometimes I feel like total idiot! -.-

I sent letter about canceling order if possible and get money back via paypal. I hope they understand.

If not, well, everything should be fine as long as they arrive!

If I get refund, then going to order from EU.

Now I feel like double-idiot. Sent again letter to penon that I still want it due to ridiculous delivery cost of 18£ to EU from UK.

LOL:blush: I hope I finally get my IT01 some day...

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #1,273 of 3,079
All of these talks about source makes me wonder if I should get an amp. I'm really content with the sound from my surface pro 4 laptop & my lumia 1020 phone (I can't spot much of a difference between the two besides having more leeway for volume on my laptop).
Would I benefit from an amp like the cayin c5 using these sources? I'm more interested in something connected to my laptop so maybe a usb soundcard or a usb dac/amp. Definitely doesn't have to be portable.

It's all very confusing
. There are also many budget amps as well from brands like Topping and whatnot. Are budgets DAPs ok? I wouldn't want to go over 150eu I think for my first gear, so I was thinking the cayin c5 would be a good choice when I get a better source like a lg v20 or something.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #1,274 of 3,079
My recommendation is to get DAC/AMP that has USB-DAC functionality :wink: It is like all-in-one solution, portable, all Your lossless music with You all the time with removable media card.
If source is poor quality, then amp alone doesn`t help much or improvement is little.
Never regret a bit buying DX50 nor warranty void by improving it with hardcore modifications - was worth every penny and time it took.

IMHO

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #1,275 of 3,079
All of these talks about source makes me wonder if I should get an amp. I'm really content with the sound from my surface pro 4 laptop & my lumia 1020 phone (I can't spot much of a difference between the two besides having more leeway for volume on my laptop).
Would I benefit from an amp like the cayin c5 using these sources? I'm more interested in something connected to my laptop so maybe a usb soundcard or a usb dac/amp. Definitely doesn't have to be portable.

It's all very confusing
. There are also many budget amps as well from brands like Topping and whatnot. Are budgets DAPs ok? I wouldn't want to go over 150eu I think for my first gear, so I was thinking the cayin c5 would be a good choice when I get a better source like a lg v20 or something.

You definitely don't need more power to drive the IT01, they're quite sensitive. But a DAP or a dac and/or amp may give you a cleaner signal or better resolve details. Something like the Cayin C5 or Fiio A5 might be overkill in terms of power output, but would give you the ability to drive more power-hungry headphones later on.

A couple of things to look out for when checking specs and reviews might be to make sure you get something with low output impedance and to make sure that if the volume control is analog, the low gain mode is low enough that you won't run into channel imbalance problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back