iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 22, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #1,276 of 3,079
Ok Thanks for putting me towards the right direction. Real time saver.
USB DAC/AMP with low output impedance & analog volume with low gain. noted. Will try to future proof it.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #1,277 of 3,079
Ok Thanks for putting me towards the right direction. Real time saver.
USB DAC/AMP with low output impedance & analog volume with low gain. noted. Will try to future proof it.
Fiio Q1ii should be alright (1.2 Ohm). Not much else with so many features around 100$.

Feb 22, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #1,282 of 3,079
i was thinking of upgrading from my current beyerdynamic dx120s to either Mee audio Pinnacle P1 or iBasso IT01.
since there's a 100 hundred dollars difference between the two, and i could appreciate spending half of what i intended to on P1, how do you guys think they'd compare? do i miss a lot if i went with IT01? basically does the P1 worth the extra money?
i mostly listen to jazz, rock, ambient and some electronic music (most of them experimental. not that much into the genres requiring massive bass levels).
i think dx120 are at least somehow bass heavy and i kinda want my next iem to have less bass in comparison.

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #1,283 of 3,079
hey guys, can the ibasso it01 reach basshead levels .. thanks for answers
So far I'm enjoying it (with EQ, but i eq everything). The bass is adequate for this basshead right here.

Feb 23, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #1,285 of 3,079
I like the tips it comes with (installed), but want to try more isolation. Should I try the ones they include? There's some variety i've noticed. I was also considering Comply. What number for those would I use?

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #1,286 of 3,079
Not sure about comply but the nozzle is a little larger than 5mm. I did not like the included foam tops and switched then out almost immediately.

These work for me on these and my tfz's:

New Bee Super Pillowy Soft Foam Earphone Tips Replacement Earbud Tips Premium Memory Foam Earbuds Sound Isolation Noise Cancelling Compatible for 5mm-7mm Earphone Nozzles Black S/M/L 6 Pairs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071188RN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_h26JAbN91FZDW

Feb 23, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,287 of 3,079
Well, what I`ve read is that IT01 is quite sensitive to tip-rolling, so, impressions of foamies based sound out of IT01 is not for me as I hate foamies and never use them.
So far I`ve got some positive impressions about JVC spiral dots which I have (I always use S size and deep fit) and some other wide-bore silicones.

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #1,289 of 3,079
Just received my IT01's. Burned them on medium volume for a little over 8 hours before placing them in my ears. I was a sceptic, but Head-Fi hasn't steered me wrong yet, so I took the dive. I have to admit that they sound pretty dang good. Unfortunately you can definitely hear the diaphragm flex with any pressure while they are in your ears. That and the fact that they stick out make these a no go for laying down. I'll stick with my SE215's for that situation. In the living room and at work, these will be great. Cord harmonics are almost non existent. I'd love to get another cable to match up with my 215's (Currently have SE846 cables on them). I really miss the 846's for bass. These are brighter then both Shure IEM's that I've owned. They aren't bass monsters, but have just enough bass to make them a pleasure to listen to practically any genre of music.

So far I've tested with Skrillex, Drake, Zomboy, Kendrick Lamar, White Zombie, Metallica, Barry White, Ludwig Van Beethoven, and a few others on random.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back