iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 8, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #301 of 3,079
I have a Leica M9 camera. Cost over 7 thousand for the body. The sensor had to be replaced 2 times. That is the way it can go but the camera has been fine now for a long time. Stuff happens. I have not been delicate with my IT01 or 03 and they are doing great and sound extra fine. :^)

I guess "crap happens"! I shouldn't worry about it as long it happens during warranty period * knocks wood*
Anyone can compare the KZ ZS5/6 with these IT01? I've been listening to the KZ ZS 5 for a while now. Appreciate the soundstage and the colorful sound is growing on me.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #302 of 3,079
Crossovers for a single dynamic?

Just an OOTB impression and comparison between the IT01 vs the Pioneer SE-CH9T.

Compared to the other single DD IEM, the Pioneer CH9T, I like the subbass of the IT01 better. Almost IT03 deep subbass. Midbass have more bloom here on the IT01 so sometimes it felt overwhelming but I can tell that the quality is good, though the CH9T has softer and just the right amount of thump for me. Lower mids has more body on the IT01. Vocals are richer and cleaner as well compared to CH9T, obviously more forward without getting peaky on the female vocals. Treble has more sparkle and shimmer on the IT01 even though it is considered as smoother than its big brother IT03. Treble is more friendly and exciting on these. CH9T's treble suddenly felt lacking for me when I tried to A-B compare for two or three times. Although both have good extensions, I feel that the IT01 has an edge here. I sense an above average soundstage width as well as height and depth but still not IT03 level. Crossover is impressive for this new single DD IEM of iBasso. Though some people may be overwhelmed by the bass especially those who are sensitive on the bass quantity. I feel sad and happy since I liked the CH9T a lot. I thought I was getting enough clarity and resolution on them but the IT01 was an eye opener (or perhaps ear opener) for me. For the price point, I got the IT01 cheaper compared to how much I got the CH9T. They're on the same price bracket but I'll pick the IT01 anytime. Build quality of course goes to CH9T because of the metal+plastic build compared to the all plastic build of the IT01. When it comes to the accessories included, IT01 also gives a lot more for your money especially for the included stock cable which looks like something that would sell for about $50-$100. Not sure if sound will change over time but I'll still set them to burn in for some time as recommended by the manufacturer. I would also like to note that there's noticeable driver flex when you're not careful in putting them in your ears. Overall, I still find these as a no brainer purchase for $100. There are probably better ones out there but this one doesn't disappoint at all for my taste in sound.

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #304 of 3,079
TFZ KING vs IT01, make it happen

I have both the King and Exclusive 5 by TFZ and IT03. I like the IT03 better but it is not fair comparison as the TFZs are single DD while the IT03 is a hybrid. Given the choice, I would chose the IT03 over the others. But, I do like the TFZs sound signature and for the price, they are a nice piece.

I like the IT01 so far. I'm burning it in now and like its sound. Seems a little darker than the King and Ex 5. I have always gravitated to the warmer signature so the IT01 is fitting in there nicely.

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #305 of 3,079
I’ve been listening for a couple of days with 30ish hours of burn in and these have separation of a multi-ba iem. My first graphene earphone and I am mightily impressed.

On my second graphene. My second is the RT-1 so it has an armature in there as well. That ability of the Graphene makes for a good match in a hybrid configuration. They also have a better ability than other driver coatings to be quick and tight and articulate on the low end even with voluminous bass amounts :)

IT04 is gonna have a Graphene dynamic, right?

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #307 of 3,079
On my second graphene. My second is the RT-1 so it has an armature in there as well. That ability of the Graphene makes for a good match in a hybrid configuration. They also have a better ability than other driver coatings to be quick and tight and articulate on the low end even with voluminous bass amounts :)

IT04 is gonna have a Graphene dynamic, right?
I think Paul said earlier that it will. Will you be getting an IT01 jant?

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #308 of 3,079
I think Paul said earlier that it will. Will you be getting an IT01 jant?

Yeah, thought I read it was for sure but there is so much to read about these days.

My money is going to the new DUNU flagship/other things so not getting an IT01. Unless they want to send me one to try out:)

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #310 of 3,079
Will you link me to this "Crossover Effect"? It piqued my interest.
Also have you tried using the IT01 cable on the CH9T? Does your comparison on stock ch9t cable and the premium stock cable on IT01?

Sorry for the wordings. I didn't mean to say there's an actual crossover mechanism. That might confuse others, I understand. I was only referring to the crossover effect itself.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #311 of 3,079
Will you link me to this "Crossover Effect"? It piqued my interest.
Also have you tried using the IT01 cable on the CH9T? Does your comparison on stock ch9t cable and the premium stock cable on IT01?

Again sir, you're taking it literally. It's just common sense. I was referring to how an actual crossover works, not the mechanism itself. Perhaps it would suit you better if I used "separation" instead. My mistake. Should I explain it further?

As for the cables, I tried to fit the IT01 cable on my CH9T but the connection was too stiff. It held well but I decided to remove them to avoid future problems. Also, I didn't try to analyze and look for any changes in sound.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #312 of 3,079
Again sir, you're taking it literally. It's just common sense. I was referring to how an actual crossover works, not the mechanism itself. Should I explain it further?

Sorry but my common sense tells me that there is no Crossover in a Single BA IEM, and no crossover effect since there is no crossover circuitry to begin with.

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #313 of 3,079
Sorry but my common sense tells me that there is no Crossover in a Single BA IEM, and no crossover effect since there is no crossover circuitry to begin with.

Again, for the nth time, my mistake for not using the word "separation" instead of that crossover thing. I guess some people take things quite literally at times. I'm aware that there's no actual crossover mechanism in a single dynamic driver IEM. Yeah, single "dynamic" driver, not single BA as you thought it was. Please see my posts again. I edited them for clarification.

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #314 of 3,079
Again, for the nth time, my mistake for not using the word "separation" instead of that crossover thing. I guess some people take things quite literally at times. I'm aware that there's no actual crossover mechanism in a single dynamic driver IEM. Yeah, single "dynamic" driver, not single BA as you thought it was. Please see my posts again. I edited them for clarification.

Gotcha, makes much sense with "separation".

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #315 of 3,079
I guess "**** happens"! I shouldn't worry about it as long it happens during warranty period * knocks wood*
Anyone can compare the KZ ZS5/6 with these IT01? I've been listening to the KZ ZS 5 for a while now. Appreciate the soundstage and the colorful sound is growing on me.

Driven from a low output impedance source, the ZS6 is much brighter in the highs and quite sibilant. The only area where the IT01 is more forward in the highs is 5 kHz - leads to a slight metallic touch added to cymbals, but without sharpness or sibilance.

The IT01 has got the more neutral midrange timbre in comparison - the ZS6 is a bit more boosted and therefore a bit brighter in the upper mids.

The IT01 is a marginally warmer in the lower mids. Bass levels are comparable - the ZS6 is just a little bassier. Bass quality is clearly superior on the IT01. The ZS6 is rather slow and soft in the lows whereas the iBasso is quite fast and tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back