iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #316 of 3,079
Well, I just want to add one thing to the "no crossover in single dynamic driver in-ears" talk. Depending on the electric characteristics of the driver and enclosure, although it is quite uncommon, one could indeed use an absorption circuit for single DD in-ears. Similar to big single full-range speakers.
Also, some in-ears with bass attenuation screws have implemented the attenuation electrically as well (not the Sennheiser IE 8/80/80S, because their implementation is acoustic and works by changing the venting, but in-ears such as the LEAR LHF-AE1d have an electric implementation).

Dec 9, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #317 of 3,079
Well, I just want to add one thing to the "no crossover in single dynamic driver in-ears" talk. Depending on the electric characteristics of the driver and enclosure, although it is quite uncommon, one could indeed use an absorption circuit for single DD in-ears. Similar to big single full-range speakers.
Also, some in-ears with bass attenuation screws have implemented the attenuation electrically as well (not the Sennheiser IE 8/80/80S, because their implementation is acoustic and works by changing the venting, but in-ears such as the LEAR LHF-AE1d have an electric implementation).

Thanks for the helpful info, @HiFiChris. This kind of stuff is what I wanted to see in places like this.

I had an IE8 before and I think I get what you mean. The venting adjustment adjusts the bass, and I understand that it also affects how the overall sound will change. So we can probably say that it works just as a crossover would but still technically different of course. The circuit implementation is getting more uses nowadays just like you said for the LEAR IEM. InEar Prophile 8 uses an electric implementation as well I think.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #318 of 3,079

But not quite a "crossover" :D

Dec 9, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #319 of 3,079
Driven from a low output impedance source, the ZS6 is much brighter in the highs and quite sibilant. The only area where the IT01 is more forward in the highs is 5 kHz - leads to a slight metallic touch added to cymbals, but without sharpness or sibilance.

The IT01 has got the more neutral midrange timbre in comparison - the ZS6 is a bit more boosted and therefore a bit brighter in the upper mids.

The IT01 is a marginally warmer in the lower mids. Bass levels are comparable - the ZS6 is just a little bassier. Bass quality is clearly superior on the IT01. The ZS6 is rather slow and soft in the lows whereas the iBasso is quite fast and tight.

Thanks a bunch! IT01 seems like what I'm looking for.
How"s the soundstage? That's one quality that has spoiled me with the zs5!

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #321 of 3,079
I have listened to this awsome iems for a few hours and i don't know if is magic or if is the it01+sp1000cu marriage that makes the diference but if i didn't knew the it01 price and after i heard it i found that the price was 500 euros or more, I was not surprised ,the stage ,the musical performance is top, ok the detail is not the ie800 type, but i don't even remember that when i am listen to them...is only music...

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #323 of 3,079
Could someone post a picture while wearing these?

Curious whether they have a negative profile and if they could be worn while sleeping.
I don't have any images but have fallen asleep with mine a number of time. No pain or discomfort. They have a very nice profile.

Dec 9, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #324 of 3,079
For the EU (France), would it be faster to buy off the Ibasso site or from Penon? I have experience with neither. There's also https://headphoniaks.com which is based in Spain I think.

Dec 9, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #326 of 3,079
I don't have any images but have fallen asleep with mine a number of time. No pain or discomfort. They have a very nice profile.

Thanks, jamato8! Among all sub-$100 IEMs, the only reason the SE215 is still being recommended is for this negative profile (and durability).

It seems to lose in terms of sound quality to every other offering in this price range though. If the IT01 has a negative profile alongside superior sound quality (as early reviews seem to suggest), this could be a winner!

Dec 9, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #327 of 3,079
How's the warranty on these IT01? I've seen IEMs going for 1 to 3 years!

Dec 10, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #329 of 3,079
How's the warranty on these IT01? I've seen IEMs going for 1 to 3 years!
Our warranty is for one year. We use much higher quality components on the IT01 than you would normally find on a 99 USD IEM. This helps to insure a long useful and enjoyable life for the IT01 and less worry for your purchase.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 10, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #330 of 3,079
Our warranty is for one year. We use much higher quality components on the IT01 than you would normally find on a 99 USD IEM. This helps to insure a long useful and enjoyable life for the IT01 and less worry for your purchase.
I can't wait to order these, do yo have any idea when we might see them on Amazon or B&H Photo?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back