iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Oct 6, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #916 of 1,036
I don't think that it is QC issue.
Driver is the same so is the internal housing , I don't see how QC can result to metallic timbre.
We all though hear differently so some people may hear a metallic timbre , I don't know.
It's strange because the it00 is one of my favourite IEMs. It has great timbre and very organic. Metallic is the last adjective I would use, but we all are so uniquely different so people do factually hear sounds differently....and that's a good thing.

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #919 of 1,036
Driver is the same so is the internal housing , I don't see how QC can result to metallic timbre.
We all though hear differently so some people may hear a metallic timbre , I don't know.
My thoughts exactly. I don’t hear a metallic timbre at all with the IT00, but we all hear things differently.

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #920 of 1,036
While I won’t discount the human anatomy as a contributor, the manufacturing tolerances for the graphene material used in the DD can also cause variants.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #921 of 1,036
The IT00 definitely picks up some resonance in the lower treble from its graphene material. Very common with all carbon-based dynamic driver IEMs.

Oct 7, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #923 of 1,036
I'm starting to appreciate these little buddies. I love the fact that if no bass in the song they doesn't add one. The different records sound differen, not like some headphones that everything sound the same. The soundstage lacks a depth, have nice width, hope with burn-in to open a little bit more. And the metallic notes in the hights are no more or I was adjusted to them. Now the itch is back - is the Xelentos much better? Do I want Moondrop Bleesing 2? Do I really need something else? No, I don't but I want. I should first buy diamond earrings to my wife...

Oct 7, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #924 of 1,036
For those struggling with tuning, before you call it quits, here's a wavelet compensation file I made with oratory target.

Attachments

• ibasso it00 oratory.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 7, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #925 of 1,036
Also made a peq file for peace / apo users

Attachments

• ibasso_it00 ParametricEQ.txt
    516 bytes · Views: 0
Oct 8, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #926 of 1,036
it00 + ibasso dc03 🤘oh my god.. another level
00000IMG_00000_BURST20201008205355331_COVER-picsay.jpg

Oct 9, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #927 of 1,036
This sounds like what I heard out of the box. Luckily, I'm not hearing it with my current tip/cable set up. It's all :) over here.
It calms down during break-in. And with sources that don't emphasize the upper treble, the sound is pretty great. Definitely more a carbon sound, not exactly metallic.

Oct 13, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #928 of 1,036
Does anyone have a bit of trouble with tips?

I "upgraded" to these from the BLON BL03, which were nice for the price (I've been away from this topic for like... seven years?.. and had never heard of ChiFi before), but way too metallic, I use them as a backup. The IT00 sounds like a really nice all-rounder. But I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something because of wrong fit.

Maybe it's because of the source - LGV35 with integrated DAC? I feel like the soundstage is relatively small (not unpleasant, just less than what I expected after reading reviews). I feel that maybe the lacking isolation makes the more dark, voluminous tracks lose a bit of that magic darkness and volume (think Leonard Cohen's late albums).

Then again, the tips keep slipping out of my ears (even though my ears are small) and also slip off the metal nozzle.

Any 'tips for tips'? I haven't read through 62 pages here but Google didn't give me anything...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #930 of 1,036
Does anyone have a bit of trouble with tips?

I "upgraded" to these from the BLON BL03, which were nice for the price (I've been away from this topic for like... seven years?.. and had never heard of ChiFi before), but way too metallic, I use them as a backup. The IT00 sounds like a really nice all-rounder. But I'm wondering if I'm missing out on something because of wrong fit.

Maybe it's because of the source - LGV35 with integrated DAC? I feel like the soundstage is relatively small (not unpleasant, just less than what I expected after reading reviews). I feel that maybe the lacking isolation makes the more dark, voluminous tracks lose a bit of that magic darkness and volume (think Leonard Cohen's late albums).

Then again, the tips keep slipping out of my ears (even though my ears are small) and also slip off the metal nozzle.

Any 'tips for tips'? I haven't read through 62 pages here but Google didn't give me anything...

The Azla Sedna Earfit Light Shorts are good for them (wide bore, and will grip very well). Also the Azla Sedna Xelastecs, though they are a bit overpriced, but peerless as far as fit goes.
IMG_20201013_092609-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back