iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 13, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #46 of 1,036
@dharmasteve I was just wondering if you've gotten around to comparing the it00 and the fiio FD1. I just got my it00 last week thanks to @audio123 's review. It's been great! Really works well with my current playlist, makes for a really good music listening experience from different genres.

But I digress, there's a promo tomorrow from where I am and I am so conflicted on getting the FD1. I hear it does things a lot differently, but I haven't heard of any direct comparisons to the it00. How would you classify the FD1? Does it have as great of a soundstage as I've been hearing? I was told that the highs are less emphasized and more natural sounding. I would love to hear your thoughts :)

I was in the same mind as you. I had it in mind to choose between the it00 and the FiiO FD1. I couldn't find either, but saw audio123s expressively positive review and then quickly became aware that they were on sale in the UK. I followed my gut feeling and pressed the button. I still intend to get the FD1 when they end up on Amazon or in the UK. As you now know, the it00 is a great IEM. Hopefully we both get the FD1 and feel the same way.

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #47 of 1,036
I still intend to get the FD1 when they end up on Amazon or in the UK. As you now know, the it00 is a great IEM. Hopefully we both get the FD1 and feel the same way.

Apologies! I was under the assumption that you had them already. That's my bad. Both iems are readily available from where I am. I have to admit, I'm still on the fence but the intrigue surrounding the FD1 cannot be ignored. And if I don't like them... well I guess the sweet case it comes with will get plenty of action 😅

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #48 of 1,036
Apologies! I was under the assumption that you had them already. That's my bad. Both iems are readily available from where I am. I have to admit, I'm still on the fence but the intrigue surrounding the FD1 cannot be ignored. And if I don't like them... well I guess the sweet case it comes with will get plenty of action 😅
I have yet to try the FD1 myself. Chatted with a friend just now who have tried both the IT00 & FD1. He told me that the FD1 has shouty vocals and prone to sibilance while the IT00 has smoother and more musical sound. Given how we agree on sound impressions of many IEMs, based off his impression, the IT00 is significantly better.

Jul 13, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #49 of 1,036
I don’t have the IT00 as of yet, but based on the FR graph, the FD1 probably sounds quite different, so I think it would be complementary to the IT00. The FD1 has a fast, detailed, and punchy mid bass, with adequate sub bass, but not a ton of rumble. I don’t think it has as much bass as the IT00. There is no muddying of the midrange. The midrange is it’s strongest suit IMO. Very clean and sweet sounding. The treble is very smooth, but not very extended in the upper treble (>10KHz). There is adequate micro details, but it is not a detail monster. The two words that I think best describe it’s sound are “clear” and “natural”. The timbre is very good.

Jul 13, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #50 of 1,036
I don’t have the IT00 as of yet, but based on the FR graph, the FD1 probably sounds quite different, so I think it would be complementary to the IT00. The FD1 has a fast, detailed, and punchy mid bass, with adequate sub bass, but not a ton of rumble. I don’t think it has as much bass as the IT00. There is no muddying of the midrange. The midrange is it’s strongest suit IMO. Very clean and sweet sounding. The treble is very smooth, but not very extended in the upper treble (>10KHz). There is adequate micro details, but it is not a detail monster. The two words that I think best describe it’s sound are “clear” and “natural”. The timbre is very good.

That's actually why i've been considering on getting them. I was looking to expand my collection, and it seems to fit in well and not directly compete with the it00. It's such a shame that this pandemic is hindering me from going to local audio stores to demo the unit.

I feel so spoiled with the it00, that's the only thing keeping me from just outright ordering the FD1 already!

I have yet to try the FD1 myself. Chatted with a friend just now who have tried both the IT00 & FD1. He told me that the FD1 has shouty vocals and prone to sibilance while the IT00 has smoother and more musical sound. Given how we agree on sound impressions of many IEMs, based off his impression, the IT00 is significantly better.

That's interesting, I'm wondering if that's just initial impressions or if your friend has already put in time to both iems already. What I'm most curious about is how well they deliver the soundstage and spacing as I found a very intriguing insight about it in a yt review. But man, again... such polarizing reviews got me all curious hahaha. I hope you get yours soon so that I can hear from your first hand review and comparison

Jul 13, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #51 of 1,036
That's actually why i've been considering on getting them. I was looking to expand my collection, and it seems to fit in well and not directly compete with the it00. It's such a shame that this pandemic is hindering me from going to local audio stores to demo the unit.

I feel so spoiled with the it00, that's the only thing keeping me from just outright ordering the FD1 already!

That's interesting, I'm wondering if that's just initial impressions or if your friend has already put in time to both iems already. What I'm most curious about is how well they deliver the soundstage and spacing as I found a very intriguing insight about it in a yt review. But man, again... such polarizing reviews got me all curious hahaha. I hope you get yours soon so that I can hear from your first hand review and comparison
He has put in time for both IEMs already. As he owns both Z1R & Solaris, he knows the importance of burn in. I will try the FD1 soon but not keen at all after hearing my friend's impression. 😂

Jul 13, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #53 of 1,036
Sounds like (no pun untended) an OffTheBoat impression.

Jul 13, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #54 of 1,036
Yeah, I don‘t find the FD1 shouty or sibilant at all. HOWEVER, we all do hear things differently, so I would never discredit someone else’s opinion if they think it does sound that way. This is precisely why you really have to hear it for yourself to know, and I would never take a friend’s opinion as my truth.

I also caution the use of the word “better”. While there are certainly some items that are clearly superior in all aspects compared to another item, I submit that this is quite rare. All products have strengths and weaknesses, and in most cases, especially in similar price ranges, certain products excel in different areas. The key is finding what aspects of an IEM are most important to YOU, the listener. The goal isn’t to find what’s better, but what’s best for you. One of each may be what’s best for you.

Jul 13, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #55 of 1,036
Yeah, I don‘t find the FD1 shouty or sibilant at all. HOWEVER, we all do hear things differently, so I would never discredit someone else’s opinion if they think it does sound that way. This is precisely why you really have to hear it for yourself to know, and I would never take a friend’s opinion as my truth.

I also caution the use of the word “better”. While there are certainly some items that are clearly superior in all aspects compared to another item, I submit that this is quite rare. All products have strengths and weaknesses, and in most cases, especially in similar price ranges, certain products excel in different areas. The key is finding what aspects of an IEM are most important to YOU, the listener. The goal isn’t to find what’s better, but what’s best for you. One of each may be what’s best for you.

I full-heartedly agree with this hobby being heavily subjective to each of our own tastes. If not for the current circumstances, I would have loved to go out and demo the unit for myself. Alas, I would just have to rely on 2nd-hand information for the time being. Anyway, I don't think the the FD1 is going anywhere. So for now, I might just hold off buying. MIGHT. I mean, it is just ~60$..

Jul 13, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #56 of 1,036
Rip, but if you guys in the US buys stuff from Europe are there any extra fees?
Nope. Some importers charge local sales taxes(around 9% here), foreign sellers I suspect undervalue items and self-insure. So, usually if I see $60 price in Linsoul, - that's what I'm paying here in NYC. Ali charges NYC tax separate but it also included in the total.
I must say that this is very interesting comment! And the reason for that is - that on some Country, Acoustic & many others with solo vocal, both male and female sound absolutely magical on FD1, more often than not, - superior to L3, or anything I have with possible exception to Shure se846, iBasso AM05, Hidiz MS4, and sometimes Roland. ier-M9 delivers that kind of "magic" only on stellar material & only on my desktop setup. FD1 however, I often find mesmerizing just from BTR5, 3K or UP4. Roland & M9 are more analytical, reference sounding, so not always have that kind of effect. I have it01 and it's nowhere close. Granted, from impressions I already see that it00 is less V sounding and has better vocals than it01, but many of my extreme V also have smooth mids/vocals. Whether it makes overall sound "more musical", I guess, depends on personal sound preference. Some people like mid-centric/linear sound, and some will perceive U/V FR as more engaging/musical. It's possible that it00 is better all-rounder, but will it have "the magic"?
Now I'm so intrigued by this conundrum, that probably going to get it00 myself. (will later make a good gift to friends/family, unless I'm blown away by it). Will wait till it's available in US.
It's hard to tell which tonal property makes that magic for me, as I've found recently that Noble M3 with its LX level of bass and Tape level of treble often gets the "magic". :thinking: The only thing in common between "magical" iems is the ability to render good positioning in the sound stage.

Jul 13, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #57 of 1,036
Nope. Some importers charge local sales taxes(around 9% here), foreign sellers I suspect undervalue items and self-insure. So, usually if I see $60 price in Linsoul, - that's what I'm paying here in NYC. Ali charges NYC tax separate but it also included in the total.

I must say that this is very interesting comment! And the reason for that is - that on some Country, Acoustic & many others with solo vocal, both male and female sound absolutely magical on FD1, more often than not, - superior to L3, or anything I have with possible exception to Shure se846, iBasso AM05, Hidiz MS4, and sometimes Roland. ier-M9 delivers that kind of "magic" only on stellar material & only on my desktop setup. FD1 however, I often find mesmerizing just from BTR5, 3K or UP4. Roland & M9 are more analytical, reference sounding, so not always have that kind of effect. I have it01 and it's nowhere close. Granted, from impressions I already see that it00 is less V sounding and has better vocals than it01, but many of my extreme V also have smooth mids/vocals. Whether it makes overall sound "more musical", I guess, depends on personal sound preference. Some people like mid-centric/linear sound, and some will perceive U/V FR as more engaging/musical. It's possible that it00 is better all-rounder, but will it have "the magic"?
Now I'm so intrigued by this conundrum, that probably going to get it00 myself. (will later make a good gift to friends/family, unless I'm blown away by it). Will wait till it's available in US.
It's hard to tell which tonal property makes that magic for me, as I've found recently that Noble M3 with its LX level of bass and Tape level of treble often gets the "magic". :thinking: The only thing in common between "magical" iems is the ability to render good positioning in the sound stage.
At the end of the day, it is to enjoy the music!

Jul 14, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #59 of 1,036
Could any IT00 owners comment on the isolation they provide? I can't seem to find much info on this aspect of these IEMs. Everything else sounds great!

They have a moderately deep fit. I would say a little better than average isolation, dependant on a good seal.

Jul 14, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #60 of 1,036
Shallow of me, but I really like the IT00's clean design aesthetic. I might be in the market for mid-fi IEMs in the next 6 months or so; need to look at the upstream IT0x models and see what they have to offer as well. Build quality (which is very important to me) seems of a high standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back