iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 9, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #31 of 1,036
Finally copped IT00 after looking at dharmasteve and audio123 impressions. Saying that this is better than Starfield is a huge claim but it's good that I don't need to dig my wallet deeper for Starfield.
The IT00 is better definitely despite it costing less. You will enjoy it. Looking forward to your impressions. Cheers.

Jul 9, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #32 of 1,036
Plugging in the MMCX connector was pain in the ass on my left bud in particular. Slipped and scratched the body in the process. @Paul - iBasso please make the connector easier for normal human to plug!

Screenshot_20200709-213416.png

The connector was tight, not sure how I'm gonna swap cable, probably gonna hammer them, heh.

Anyhow, after plugged in, out of the box, the sound is pretty much what the rest have mentioned. The sound is balanced, smooth and natural throughout. Soundstage imaging and positioning is realistic, as in I could hear how far the crowd on live recordings. Note weight is at the right amount does not drag too long - not a slow set. Highs are polite, mids, vocals are clear and more sub bass emphasis which I like. Great go-to set for casual listening.

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #33 of 1,036
The sound of single dynamic driver IEMs that are $100 or less are ridiculously good now. Always room for improvement though, I guess.

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #34 of 1,036
The connector was tight, not sure how I'm gonna swap cable, probably gonna hammer them, heh.
With the mmcx i usually have a feeling that one more push or tug - and I'll break the poor thing apart.
Either I'm the most inept person overall or there's some conspiracy to drive me crazy and make my life as miserable as possible with just one tiny connector. :rolling_eyes:

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #35 of 1,036
Jul 9, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #36 of 1,036
How are the stock eartips on the IT00? Any recommendations for replacements?

Jul 9, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #37 of 1,036
The stock tips are very good. A black narrowish bore set and a white medium bore set, lastly a grey medium bore set. All silicone. Personally I use Spiral dots with them. The it00 to me are the best I have heard for some time.

Jul 9, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #38 of 1,036
I'm interested in the IBasso IT00 as a better successor of my Blon 03. Really like them, but the fit is awful. Looking for an IEM with a similar sound signature i'm currently a little undecided between the following products:

- Ibasso IT00
- NF Audio NM2
- Fiio FD1 (was my favorite, but reviews are a bit disappointing regarding the treble)
- KBear Diamond

Anyone here with some recommendations/comparisons regarding these IEM? Ibasso IT00 and NF Audio NM2 seems to be something like "everybody's darling" but which one is the better decision?

I can only speak of Kbear Diamond, IT00 sounds more balanced compared to it. As the Diamond tuning is V-shaped its vocal/midrange may sound "sunked", midbass is higher on diamond too. Soundstage is narrower.

Overall more energetic on IT00, especially the drums. It's been a while since I got a set that I enjoy listening rock music to.

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #39 of 1,036
Stock tips on the IT00 are excellent to start off with. JVC Spiral Dot++ or Acoustune AET07.
The stock tips are very good. A black narrowish bore set and a white medium bore set, lastly a grey medium bore set. All silicone. Personally I use Spiral dots with them. The it00 to me are the best I have heard for some time.
The IT00 is a no-brainer. :p
I can only speak of Kbear Diamond, IT00 sounds more balanced compared to it. As the Diamond tuning is V-shaped its vocal/midrange may sound "sunked", midbass is higher on diamond too. Soundstage is narrower.

Overall more energetic on IT00, especially the drums. It's been a while since I got a set that I enjoy listening rock music to.
The IT00 is definitely more enjoyable than the Diamond. What I like about the IT00 is its all rounder and effortless sound. Most IEMs under 100 USD cannot handle vocals. The fact that IT00 sounds fantastic on vocals given its price point makes it stands out and it is without question my top pick in this price segment. I have nothing but praise for the IT00 and wholeheartedly recommend it. It is a winner.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #40 of 1,036
Plugging in the MMCX connector was pain in the ass on my left bud in particular. Slipped and scratched the body in the process. @Paul - iBasso please make the connector easier for normal human to plug!

Screenshot_20200709-213416.png

Anyhow, after plugged in, out of the box, the sound is pretty much what the rest have mentioned. The sound is balanced, smooth and natural throughout. Soundstage imaging and positioning is realistic, as in I could hear how far the crowd on live recordings. Note weight is at the right amount does not drag too long - not a slow set. Highs are polite, mids, vocals are clear and more sub bass emphasis which I like. Great go-to set for casual listening.
We have gone with some high quality tight fitting MMCX connectors. If you use your thumb and 1st finger and pinch and apply the pressure at the same time against the shell, you should be able to disconnect. When pushing back on, put the connector in, rotate it some and have it seat well and then push the connection together.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 10, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #41 of 1,036
graph (19).png
Now this looks interesting. I like the bass in the tape so more is nice to have (if it has the same quality), more lower mids which the tape needed and NO DAMN PEAK!!!

Cant find it on aliexpress, amazon or even on their own site!

Although I found it on https://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/
Doesn't appear that they ship to the US. :frowning2:

Jul 10, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #42 of 1,036
Doesn't appear that they ship to the US. :frowning2:
Rip, but if you guys in the US buys stuff from Europe are there any extra fees?

Jul 13, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #45 of 1,036
@dharmasteve I was just wondering if you've gotten around to comparing the it00 and the fiio FD1. I just got my it00 last week thanks to @audio123 's review. It's been great! Really works well with my current playlist, makes for a really good music listening experience from different genres.

But I digress, there's a promo tomorrow from where I am and I am so conflicted on getting the FD1. I hear it does things a lot differently, but I haven't heard of any direct comparisons to the it00. How would you classify the FD1? Does it have as great of a soundstage as I've been hearing? I was told that the highs are less emphasized and more natural sounding. I would love to hear your thoughts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back