iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Jul 30, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #1,006 of 1,036
What would be a good upgrade from iBasso IT00? I love mine, but i want even more of it hah. Would for example Fiio FH5 or FH7 be a logical upgrade? Would be willing to spend up to 350ish eur.
Sony XBA-N3

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #1,010 of 1,036
What would be a good upgrade from iBasso IT00? I love mine, but i want even more of it hah. Would for example Fiio FH5 or FH7 be a logical upgrade? Would be willing to spend up to 350ish eur.
I would get the IT01X. A very good value and very good sound and comfort.

Jul 30, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,011 of 1,036
FiiO just announced the FD3. It's still a DLC driver, so timbre is a somewhat known quantity. I'm curious to see how they tuned it though. Will it be less outwardly aggressive in the treble region like the FD5 was?

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #1,012 of 1,036
Coming from the IT03s, I was surprised by how good the IT00 sounds.
I got a pair just about 2 months ago, and this was impressive. Impressive enough that I thought my IT03 would be good for retirement. Actually it was not but that's how strong of an impression the IT00 did at first listen.
The sound quality is truly impressive for the price point.

I have however a serious issue with them, and maybe some of you here have some ideas on how to solve it.
Primarily, the IT00 were bought for running. I was planning to use this with an old fiio player laying around to have music on the go with an easy-to-care for iem.

Unfortunately, it turns out the IT00's fit seem to be an absolute miss for me. They don't stay in place. Even when just sitting at a desk.
I have tried all tips (i have small ears) and it keeps on happening. I also tried with other tips from my IT03s. Same

Imagine now this not-so-good fit when you're sweating and bouncing up and down because running, and it turns your run into a nightmare where you need to put the IT00 every 30 seconds back in place.

A bit insufferable :frowning2:

Does anyone have a recommendation for eartips that locks into your ear and fit on the IT00? Usually these tips have a small protrusion to 'hook' into the upper arch of the ears.
Or some sort of plastic hook to wrap the cable around the hear (not entirely sure this will help though).

Thanks!

Aug 17, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #1,013 of 1,036
I got a pair just about 2 months ago, and this was impressive. Impressive enough that I thought my IT03 would be good for retirement. Actually it was not but that's how strong of an impression the IT00 did at first listen.

I have however a serious issue with them, and maybe some of you here have some ideas on how to solve it.
Primarily, the IT00 were bought for running. I was planning to use this with an old fiio player laying around to have music on the go with an easy-to-care for iem.

Unfortunately, it turns out the IT00's fit seem to be an absolute miss for me. They don't stay in place. Even when just sitting at a desk.
I have tried all tips (i have small ears) and it keeps on happening. I also tried with other tips from my IT03s. Same

Imagine now this not-so-good fit when you're sweating and bouncing up and down because running, and it turns your run into a nightmare where you need to put the IT00 every 30 seconds back in place.

Does anyone have a recommendation for eartips that locks into your ear and fit on the IT00? Usually these tips have a small protrusion to 'hook' into the upper arch of the ears.
Or some sort of plastic hook to wrap the cable around the hear (not entirely sure this will help though).

Thanks!
I use the tips that form to the ear canal by the heat of the body. I forget the name but they are well know and work well. Takes a couple of minutes and they really form to each ear canal. No issue with the IT00 or the IT01X staying in place. The IT01X are really light and sound terrific.

Aug 18, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #1,014 of 1,036

Thanks!
Placing a keyboard o-ring on the nozzle before putting on the stock tip really helped me with the fit. This way the tip goes deeper into the ear canal and gets a better grip.

Dec 25, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #1,019 of 1,036
thanks!

is there any other good sub-bass and bass oriented IEMs on the same price range than IT00?

Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 - has more subbass when amped. More V shaped and better soundstage and technicalities than IT00, with less driver flex. Though there are numerous QC issues with the Urbanfun - alternative drivers used with different sound signature, and wonky MMCX. You can read about this set, but please get it from a place with a robust returns policy in case the QC is bad.

TFZ No. 3 - more V shaped, much more midbass and subass than IT00. More fatiguing and hotter in upper mids than IT00. IT00 has better timbre, soundstage and technicalities than the TFZ No. 3. Do note that the regular TFZ No. 3 is close to $100 USD, but TFZ has released a TFZ No. 3 19th edition that is around half the price (The internals and sound is the same, just the shell is different in colour; I've asked a few sellers to confirm this).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back