iBasso IT00 and AM05 Two very different IEMs with one purpose, to Enjoy the Music!
Aug 28, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #811 of 1,036
I don't find anything offensive in it00 tunning no harshnes anywhere. Like some have stated here I too find it00 lacking clarity and treble, maybe I'm used to brighter signature. I like them very much they just need a bit more sparkle on top to be excellent.
I'm using wide bore tips plus I've cut and added 2mm of spare tip to the nozzle like o ring not for better fit like Blon but for more space between driver and ear which slightly improves treble perception. I've ordered NiceHCK 4n pure silver of AE but I don't think it will be enough to bring treble to my satisfactory level.
Is there any other mod that I could try? Are there maybe any tunning filters which could be screwed on instead of ibassos grill. Or should I try widening the grill with needle? Any suggestions?
Sure simple EQ will do the trick but all my iem I listen non EQd and I exchange them frequently which means upon changing to it00 I will definitely forget to use EQ.

What wide bore tips are u using?

I find some wide bore and short tips like Tenmark Whirlwinds boost the treble for me on other sets. I'm treble sensitive, so generally I don't use it as such.

Aug 28, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #812 of 1,036
I don't find anything offensive in it00 tunning no harshnes anywhere. Like some have stated here I too find it00 lacking clarity and treble, maybe I'm used to brighter signature. I like them very much they just need a bit more sparkle on top to be excellent.
I'm using wide bore tips plus I've cut and added 2mm of spare tip to the nozzle like o ring not for better fit like Blon but for more space between driver and ear which slightly improves treble perception. I've ordered NiceHCK 4n pure silver of AE but I don't think it will be enough to bring treble to my satisfactory level.
Is there any other mod that I could try? Are there maybe any tunning filters which could be screwed on instead of ibassos grill. Or should I try widening the grill with needle? Any suggestions?
Sure simple EQ will do the trick but all my iem I listen non EQd and I exchange them frequently which means upon changing to it00 I will definitely forget to use EQ.
If you unscrew the nozzle, you'll see there's a fabric screen (behind the metal mesh), probably a moisture guard; you could try to remove it.

There are tuning tips that do fit the IT00, but they only come with the IMR Acoustic IEMs. The cheapest being the b stock, IMR R2 Red, for a little less than $170 USD

As an example, I've attached the gold acoustic filter from my R2 Aten, to the IT00. Also (image 2) you can see the IMR tips are little taller than the iBasso (indicated by arrow)
iBasso iT00 wIMR filters.jpg
iBasso tip vs IMR tip.jpg

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #813 of 1,036
What wide bore tips are u using?

I find some wide bore and short tips like Tenmark Whirlwinds boost the treble for me on other sets. I'm treble sensitive, so generally I don't use it as such.

Both stock and Tenmak Whirlwind give me similar if not the same results.

If you unscrew the nozzle, you'll see there's a fabric screen (behind the metal mesh), probably a moisture guard; you could try to remove it.

There are tuning tips that do fit the IT00, but they only come with the IMR Acoustic IEMs. The cheapest being the b stock, IMR R2 Red, for a little less than $170 USD

As an example, I've attached the gold acoustic filter from my R2 Aten, to the IT00. Also (image 2) you can see the IMR tips are little taller than the iBasso (indicated by arrow)
iBasso iT00 wIMR filters.jpgiBasso tip vs IMR tip.jpg

Yes that might work but not worth it. Something cheap from AE would be perfect.

Aug 29, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #814 of 1,036
Try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.javeo.android.neutralizer

Aug 29, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #815 of 1,036

I'm not sure how am I supposed to use this? If I'm listening with my player the sound is not affected when I create a profile in neutralizer...

Anyways I'd rather try to do phisical mod to get them where I want, but if that doesn't help I can always create EQ preset in ES100 and use it as a combo only with IT00. I bought IT00 for outside use so these two will be good pairing and probably only solution. And use other sources with flat EQ for other 'phones. I still have to see how will NiceHCK 4n pure silver affect the signature once I get it.

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #816 of 1,036

iBasso iT00 wIMR filters.jpgiBasso tip vs IMR tip.jpg
Can you please take a pic of this fabric screen? I tried looking inside the nozzle, but it looks all metal to me.

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #817 of 1,036
I've ordered NiceHCK 4n pure silver of AE but I don't think it will be enough to bring treble to my satisfactory level.
Anyways I'd rather try to do phisical mod to get them where I want, but if that doesn't help I can always create EQ preset in ES100 and use it as a combo only with IT00. I bought IT00 for outside use so these two will be good pairing and probably only solution. And use other sources with flat EQ for other 'phones. I still have to see how will NiceHCK 4n pure silver affect the signature once I get it.

The screw-on mesh serves no acoustic purpose, so there's no point in widening it.

The main reason why the IT00 lacks treble for you is probably its boosted low range below 500Hz, which masks the highs a bit. If you lower that range below 500Hz, the IT00 should give you perfectly good treble presence and extension. See my measurements in this post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-enjoy-the-music.934980/page-36#post-15785140

However, I do not recommend the described mod, as it hasn't proven stable for me (pierced mesh behind the vent tends to reclose by itself over time). I have a more sophisticated mod in the works, which I may document and post at some point. In the meantime, you could try this easy and reversible mod to attenuate the low range and give treble a bit more room to breathe (follow instructions for the "front-mod"):

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fx850-iem-woody.703874/page-28#post-11162329

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #818 of 1,036
Can you please take a pic of this fabric screen? I tried looking inside the nozzle, but it looks all metal to me.
Pic taken from the inside of the removable nozzle/tip
The black matrix is the fabric screen/moisture guard; behind it is the metal mesh, that you see from the outside.
iBasso screen.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #820 of 1,036
The screw-on mesh serves no acoustic purpose, so there's no point in widening it.

The main reason why the IT00 lacks treble for you is probably its boosted low range below 500Hz, which masks the highs a bit. If you lower that range below 500Hz, the IT00 should give you perfectly good treble presence and extension. See my measurements in this post:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-enjoy-the-music.934980/page-36#post-15785140

However, I do not recommend the described mod, as it hasn't proven stable for me (pierced mesh behind the vent tends to reclose by itself over time). I have a more sophisticated mod in the works, which I may document and post at some point. In the meantime, you could try this easy and reversible mod to attenuate the low range and give treble a bit more room to breathe (follow instructions for the "front-mod"):

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc-ha-fx850-iem-woody.703874/page-28#post-11162329

I just tried the method with the stripe. Well even if the bass is reduced frankly I don't like the way it sounds now. This took away few DB too many in the lows. I could live with 1-2 DB less but this took away the warmth and the tonality of the lows and the mids I liked, mids with the stripe sound hollow and lifeless.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I can't say I like the result.
For me it'll be better to try bring up the highs instead reducing the bass.

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #821 of 1,036
It looks like it's only around the edges of the metal screen, is this correct?
No, you're looking at 2 layers. The layer in the forefront (black squares) is the fabric/moisture guard
The white dots (background layer) represent the openings in the metal screen/mesh, that you would see from the outside.
iBasso screen closeup.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #822 of 1,036
What’s your Source and what are you driving them with??

Aug 30, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #823 of 1,036
I just tried the method with the stripe. Well even if the bass is reduced frankly I don't like the way it sounds now. This took away few DB too many in the lows. I could live with 1-2 DB less but this took away the warmth and the tonality of the lows and the mids I liked, mids with the stripe sound hollow and lifeless.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I can't say I like the result.
For me it'll be better to try bring up the highs instead reducing the bass.

Well, the stripe's thickness determines the amount of bass reduction, so thinner stripes would take away less DB.

Anyway, unfortunately I don't know any way to bring up the highs by modding. The IT00 has no acoustic filter inside the nozzle, so there's no damping material which one might remove. Pretty much your best bet, apart from EQ, would be to try different tips and hopefully find a pair that creates the right amount of treble resonance inside your ear canal. I'd probably try a shallow fit with wide bore tips (and possibly one size larger than your usual one), just as a starting point...

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #824 of 1,036
What’s your Source and what are you driving them with??

V50, ES100, BTR5
Well, the stripe's thickness determines the amount of bass reduction, so thinner stripes would take away less DB.

Anyway, unfortunately I don't know any way to bring up the highs by modding. The IT00 has no acoustic filter inside the nozzle, so there's no damping material which one might remove. Pretty much your best bet, apart from EQ, would be to try different tips and hopefully find a pair that creates the right amount of treble resonance inside your ear canal. I'd probably try a shallow fit with wide bore tips (and possibly one size larger than your usual one), just as a starting point...

I tried with very thin stripe, thin to the point it became line, it was more or less the same.
OK buddy no problem thank you for suggestions. I'll play some more with tips. But I have tried to add 2mm spacer the nozzle than put the tip on. That just made iems unstable when wearing. Basically insertion was so shallow that only tip was touching my ear and the iem was slightly off the ear.
I think I'll dedicate ES100 for IT00 and create EQ profile just for them. This seem like a best solution for now

Aug 30, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #825 of 1,036
V50, ES100, BTR5

I tried with very thin stripe, thin to the point it became line, it was more or less the same.
OK buddy no problem thank you for suggestions. I'll play some more with tips. But I have tried to add 2mm spacer the nozzle than put the tip on. That just made iems unstable when wearing. Basically insertion was so shallow that only tip was touching my ear and the iem was slightly off the ear.
I think I'll dedicate ES100 for IT00 and create EQ profile just for them. This seem like a best solution for now
Maybe try Xelastec tips. They tend to increase treble resonance for me, with many of my IEMs, making the treble sound a bit brighter and “wetter”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back