iBasso fi.Quest Official Thread
Jul 7, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #511 of 668
I am sorry by poor English. I tell the recent situation of Ryuzoh. I'm a member of the development team of MST fi.Quest PJ. And I'm a partner of Ryuzoh.

Ryuzoh is tired out because of overwork. Therefore, he cannot post the recent situation.
However, Ryuzoh is alive :D   He is concentrating on a thing that is more important than manufacturing, development, and sales now.
Please contact me if you want contact with Ryuzoh. Ryuzoh come back surely!

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #512 of 668
Well give him our best regards for sure. I often think of him when listening to my maxxed out Fi-quest. I like him a lot and it sounds as though he has finally realised he can't keep going like he was, he's burned out.

Anyway, there's a lot of people here who care for him so hope he comes back soon.

Nigel

Jul 7, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #513 of 668
Thanks SpudHarris.He will come back soon.

He was't burned out. He is promoting the project that surprises everyone. I am executing one of the projects.
I cannot open details in the contract to the public yet.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #515 of 668
The exchange rate is appreciation of the yen than before. Therefore, we might raise the price of fi.Quest. But it's still undecided. We plan to sell fi.Quest 2nd batch in September.

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #517 of 668

Quote:
Well, I am quite impressed by the prototype as well, so thank you for the hard work.

Thanks a lot, shigzeo. We make more powerful, more pungent amp. on the other hand, we are planning to make small amp. I am looking forward to reading your review.

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #518 of 668
I am so glad that I eventually manage to add FiQuest to my collection. It convinces me to set up a portable rig again. Edition 8 is lifted to a new level and no longer grounded to my desk.

But at the moment, I want to look around for the best LOD matching. What I currently use (DIY cryo copper) is good. But perhaps a copper (ground) and silver (signal) combination might be better. 

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #519 of 668

Quote:
Thanks a lot, shigzeo. We make more powerful, more pungent amp. on the other hand, we are planning to make small amp. I am looking forward to reading your review.

Did i read more powerful? OMG... fi.Quest is so good and hardly any portable can beat it and i can't imagine the term "MORE POWERFUL" =P

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #520 of 668
I find my fiquest smells quite bland; I have however been lusting after something 'more pungent' hehe. seriously, you guys should look into lifepo4 batteries, I have some spare that i'm thinking of putting in my fiquest for more pungency :wink: of course I would have to disable the charge circuit, install a 7 pin charge jack for balance charging and use the one in my smart charger, which allows me to charge each of the 6 x 3v3 (nominal) cells separately to the desired level. this would mean my battery would last pretty much indefinitely, well 3000 cycles and still at 80% capacity. I wouldnt expect to need to charge more often than every few days, meaning 10000 days, or 25-30 years and still at 80% lol. I may not do it of course, i'm wondering if there is a balanced fiq on the horizon

Sep 6, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #521 of 668
I will update this thread with my final impressions of the smaller FiQuest amps in about a week. I am as impressed with them as I am with the FiQuest. Both perform very well, but I find that each has a special niche. The FiQuest I'd overall recommend more to those wanting the utmost in voltage while the smaller version, for bouts of current fed into hard to drive iems AND normal headphones. Either amps version (original) or smaller is top notch in terms of build and bottom-up customisation at the manufacturer's. 

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #523 of 668
So many iBasso threads. 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #524 of 668
Thanks Shigzeo. I will look forward to your write up.

By the way, I am wondering if the smaller version of fi.Quest is already on sale? I wrote to bt-fi to ask this question, but didn't get his response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back