iBasso fi.Quest Official Thread
Sep 6, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #526 of 668
The fi.Q was sold by Ryuzoh and was manufactured by iBasso. They did not sell them, it was a contracted item Ryuzoh's specifications. 

Sep 6, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #528 of 668
That would be very interesting. I haven't heard of anything though. Maybe email Ryuzoh. 

Sep 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #529 of 668

Quote:
Thanks Shigzeo. I will look forward to your write up.

By the way, I am wondering if the smaller version of fi.Quest is already on sale? I wrote to bt-fi to ask this question, but didn't get his response.

I don't think that the smaller version is for sale yet. Nor the DAC, but I could be wrong. Both are very good. I have no idea what the final size will be but, the smaller FiQuest is about half the volume of the original (my guess). 

Sep 11, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #530 of 668
Thanks again Shigzeo.

I already emailed Ryuzoh. Hope we will soon hear back from him about the release date of both new-smaller fi.Quest and the DAC.

Mind you, the size and appearance of my fi.Quest did cause a stir at Mumbai airport today when I flew trough to Goa.
wink_face.gif

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:21 AM Post #531 of 668
Hi,

having read some astoundingly good things about the iBasso fi Quest, would someone kindly inform me how to purchase one.

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #533 of 668
I've got news that for headfiers, there will be another 30 FiQuests arriving soon. People, this is THE day! (or it soon will come.) Good news for all, I assume. The FiQuest is truly able to replace a desktop for any headphone I've thrown at it and it is excellent for iems. Cannot wait to see more reactions.

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #534 of 668
I would agree with one caveat, it definitely hangs with some VERY good desktop amps in the under 1K pricerange, but its not quite up there with the very best. but this should not be expected, it drives everything I have tried and well. I still love it, even though it doesnt get quite as much use these days.

for the money, unbeatable bar DIY .

to make FiQ balanced, would be a totally different amp. 

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #535 of 668
that's sound really great news!
I have been following this thread and want the fi quest for sooooo long, so when will be the ordering start or was preordering already started? Can I made a reservation now :p?

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #536 of 668
I don't know when MST will be back online, but you'll be able to ask him yourself - he said he'll be back to Headfi very soon. I look forward to it particularly as I am excited to see the full version of his MST portable optical DAC

@Qusp: it is true that there is some room for error in preferences, but overall, the FiQuest is my favourite desktop replacement amp. In fact, it is so good with high Ω headphones that going to a more powerful mains amp (they exist for sure) feels wasteful. All of my full-size amps cost more, but for overall enjoyment with a WIDE range of headphones, the FiQuest is my favourite. That said, I go ampless often too!

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #538 of 668
The fi.Q is an amp only, no need for input like the D12. 

I really think it depends upon how you line up the fi.Q. I have 4 634 buffers per channel and a metal canned OPA2111, which takes the 2111 to a new height. In this configuration, the sound is excellent and a little different, in a good way, than anything else I have tried. 

Oct 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #540 of 668
Only optical for now, but it is very good and quite compact. Battery lasts a long time too, but I have no idea how to judge how long as my unit (now returned) was pre-production. It is dual-DAC, so ostensibly, you could get it to wring out balanced signals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back