iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 26, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #361 of 864
I have an issue since a lot of time, never thought of it as a bug, but maybe it is:

My DX90 has issues loading DSF Files.When listening to FLACs, and then for example searching via directory a DSF file and choosing it, most of the time the DX90 will freeze but the FLAC song keeps playing. It seems like the device is loading this file, until the DX90 will reboot. If then I choose the same DSF file it will load almost instantly. 
This happens with DSF files only, Sandisc 128GB SD Card

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #362 of 864
  This happens with DSF files only, Sandisc 128GB SD Card

Check if it has embedded covers art. It can be too big for DX90.

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #363 of 864
  Dropout update - it's been a while since I posted on this issue.  After becoming very frustrated last week with some many dropouts occurring that I could not even listen to the music I tried to reformat and reload both my SanDisk 64GB Ultra and the firmware on the DX90 - and of course, as you might guess - no luck.  Repeated a few times then decided to try something different.

So I put the card in my DX50 and the problem was even worse!

That's it, enough is enough and I dug out my SanDisk 32GB card - loaded it up with music - and voila, so far not a single dropout event in many days of use and several hours.  Could very well be that the 64GB card is somehow bad even though I ran the h2testw utility which found no errors at all.

Next step will be to contact SanDisk about a replacement.  Anyone try this and have success with a replacement 64GB card from SanDisk working properly?

Cheers,
Tim

I've started using a Sandisk Extreme 64 gb and have not experienced a single dropout.  Does the faster card (60 MB/s) make a difference?  Is this just dumb luck so far?  I have no idea.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #365 of 864
Scan time depends on number of music files and size of album art. The more files and bigger album art the longer it takes. Takes 5-6 minutes to scan my 128GB card with flac cd rips

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #368 of 864
my card is 64gb and it's far from full. I have been waiting for 1 hour.

Something else is wrong then. I would do a factory reset, and then insert the card and do a scan. Mine takes a few minutes to scan a full card but that also depends upon how many files are on the card. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #369 of 864
Scan time depends on number of music files and size of album art. The more files and bigger album art the longer it takes. Takes 5-6 minutes to scan my 128GB card with flac cd rips

Yep, 5 or so minutes for my 128gb cards packed nearly full with a mix of Hi Res (24/96) files and CD rips. FLAC and AIFF - WAV.

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #370 of 864
my card is 64gb and it's far from full. I have been waiting for 1 hour.

That sounds longer than it should...I would try Jamato's suggestion.  

Also, if someone is loaded down with mp3's, it could take much longer than everyone's feedback regarding full cards with flac or high res files...since there could be a much higher count of files.  My initial scan with 34 gb of mp3's takes about 25 minutes. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #371 of 864
Only one issue with the DX90 which is starting to grind my gears.

Choosing music to be played - I love using the folder structure method of browsing music instead of the id3 tag info way. With the folder structure way though, I cannot play the whole of a root folder. Instead it'll only let you play the last folder in the folder structure e.g.

2014 (root folder, cant select to play the whole of the 2014 folder) 
|
|-Album1 (sub folder, can play Album1 but after it is finished, Album2 won't automatically start playing)
|-Album2 (sub folder)

Hope that makes sense, I know I could go through and select music from 2014 but then what about choosing the genre etc.

I used to use a Cowon iAudio M3 many moons ago and i'm pretty sure I used to just select the root folder I wanted and it would play all subfolders within the root).

hmm, any ideas?

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #372 of 864

Choosing music to be played - I love using the folder structure method of browsing music instead of the id3 tag info way. With the folder structure way though, I cannot play the whole of a root folder. Instead it'll only let you play the last folder in the folder structure e.g.

|
|-Album1 (sub folder, can play Album1 but after it is finished, Album2 won't automatically start playing)
|-Album2 (sub folder)

Hope that makes sense, I know I could go through and select music from 2014 but then what about choosing the genre etc.

I used to use a Cowon iAudio M3 many moons ago and i'm pretty sure I used to just select the root folder I wanted and it would play all subfolders within the root).

hmm, any ideas?

yes, i also use folders and sometimes wish i could choose a higher level folder and have it run through all the subfolders without further intervention.

Feb 6, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #373 of 864
Got my DX90 last night.  I have had several BSODs plugging/unplugging the unit into my USB 3.0 port on my Maingear PC, windows 7, 64-bit.  The pre-installed driver is 2.1.5.  I did a search on the other thread, and see that some folks have had this experience, but way back in the Fall of 2014.  Nothing really current.  I am curious if some DX90 owners have any insights or suggestions from an end-user perspective about how to plug/un-plug the unit.  I am "safely removing hardware" first.  I think my issue could be user error in that on two occasions I tried plugging in my USB cable the wrong way to the PC, and it did not like that.  

Whenever I connect the DX90 to the PC, I get a Windows message asking me if I would like to "scan and fix" the DX90, and I select "Continue without Scanning."  Please let me know if I should select "Scan and Fix (DX90)."

Thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT:  Staring to think this is more of a USB 3.0 thing as it also happened with my external SD card reader.  I am away from my PC, but may try other things in the future (plugging DX90 into a 2.0 port; downloading and installing iBasso drivers).  Most importantly, I already have a very good DAC and USB > S/PDIF converter connected to this PC and have zero interest in using the DX90 as a DAC.

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #374 of 864

|
|-Album2 (sub folder)

hmm, any ideas?

Can't you play by artist (via ID3 tag) and get the same effect?

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #375 of 864
Unfortunately not. That would play the chosen artist only...What the ID3 choice method is missing is YEAR, that way any music tagged a certain year would be played and this would pretty much work (although then you cannot choose your genre).

The concept is basically wanting to play e.g. my 2014 collection from a certain genre which includes albums (subfolders) and a singles folder (another subfolder) as a unified group.

The DX90 already lets you use the folder structure to play music, the only problem it has is that it will only start playing the songs in the lower most subfolder in the file tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back