iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jan 15, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #347 of 864
Jan 15, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #348 of 864
Please help guys!
Last night I accidentally tried to format the internal storage on my DX90 from Windows. The format didn't complete, and now I can't see the internal storage at all. The player reports 0/0 left on the internal.
I have tried a Factory Reset, both from the player menu, and the recovery menu. I have also tried reflashing the latest firmware in Recovery mode from an SD card.
Still no internal storage. Can anyone help? The player works fine, just missing that 8GB.

Thanks,
Pete.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #349 of 864
Does your internal storage at least mount within Windows?  If so try using Partition Magic to recover.

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #351 of 864
  Hi, thanks for your reply.

No, it doesn't even show up in Windows Disc Manager.

Sounds to me like you've corrupted the internal storage quite badly, and its turned to RAW format. aAter you leave here contact iBasso but my guess is its toast.

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #352 of 864
Sounds to me like you've corrupted the internal storage quite badly, and its turned to RAW format. aAter you leave here contact iBasso but my guess is its toast.

You need the iBasso recover tool. I think it is linked in the opening post in the main DX90 thread

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #353 of 864
You need the iBasso recover tool. I think it is linked in the opening post in the main DX90 thread

Hi, thanks very much for that. I think I've found the link for that, (http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX90-tools.zip) but its a dead link. Does anyone have a working link for this? I can't see it on the iBasso downloads page either.

Thanks,
Pete.

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #356 of 864
I found a bug, or maybe it has something to do with the files...

However, Some DSF Files will play normally, others will play in ultra-slow-mode... this sounds like listening to vinyl in the slower speed. What could this be?

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #357 of 864
  I found a bug, or maybe it has something to do with the files...

However, Some DSF Files will play normally, others will play in ultra-slow-mode...

Currently DX90 supports only DSD64 (2.8MHz). Those that play slow are DSD128 (5.6MHz). They play exactly twice slower :)

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #359 of 864
Have a sandisk SD card for my DX90 loaded with an assortment of Music from CD's as well as purchases from HDTracks. Using the J River Media 20. Tonight, I ripped newly purchased CD's to JRiver and was ripped as an APE. Format. Drag and transferred the music unto the SD card. I then installed the card back to the DX90. Suddenly, the DX90 is not reading my music files on the card. My laptop is reading the files and it is present on the SD card. Hoping someone has experienced this and would be able to extend any form of advise. In addition, I did a rescan of the card on the DX90 but still couldn't see the music. Thanks

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #360 of 864
Dropout update - it's been a while since I posted on this issue.  After becoming very frustrated last week with some many dropouts occurring that I could not even listen to the music I tried to reformat and reload both my SanDisk 64GB Ultra and the firmware on the DX90 - and of course, as you might guess - no luck.  Repeated a few times then decided to try something different.

So I put the card in my DX50 and the problem was even worse!

That's it, enough is enough and I dug out my SanDisk 32GB card - loaded it up with music - and voila, so far not a single dropout event in many days of use and several hours.  Could very well be that the 64GB card is somehow bad even though I ran the h2testw utility which found no errors at all.

Next step will be to contact SanDisk about a replacement.  Anyone try this and have success with a replacement 64GB card from SanDisk working properly?

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back