iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 6, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #302 of 864
On the dropout issue - had better luck today with no occurrences!  Key difference is that I put my memory card back in my computer I got the message about not closing properly last time and do I want windows to detect and repair - I selected yes and a few seconds later it was complete.

Selected eject memory card and put it back in my DX90 - did a rescan and so far so good.  Anyone else tried this and been successful?

Hoping this does the trick.

Cheers,
Tim

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #303 of 864
I've had my dx90 since July with no issues or the dropout problem that has been reported. Thought I was lucky until recently. Since its under warranty I reported my problem to the vendor to get it fixed. Here is the problem I just reported to the vendor in case anyone has a similar issue:

The problem I have is intermittent and has happened in the last 7 days or so. It definitley occurs when the unit has been on for more than 10 minutes. The audio/power cuts off for a few seconds. The screen returns first and during that time the battery meter is blank. When audio returns a few seconds later, it is filled with static/screechy. Sometimes the volume returns at a real high level for about a second and returns back to it original volume. This can happen multiple times in a row. During this time, when I apply a little pressure on the sides of the unit by the bottom corners of the screen, the volume cuts in and out. It can also happen when I touch the top and bottom of the unit. It does not happen when I touch only one side. I have the silicon cover on the unit.
I am using the latest FW version 2.1.5. I've loaded it multiple times according to the directions(copy update to the unit, system update, factory reset and remove update file). I've tried different microsd cards(exFAT and FAT). It occurs with music on the microsd and internal memory. I have also reseated the battery multiple times.

Weird, huh? I'm perplexed by this. I even tried using a wrist grounding strap.

I reloaded the FW again(about the 6th time) this morning and no issues in 45 minutes of playing.

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #304 of 864
I've had my dx90 since July with no issues or the dropout problem that has been reported. Thought I was lucky until recently. Since its under warranty I reported my problem to the vendor to get it fixed. Here is the problem I just reported to the vendor in case anyone has a similar issue:

The problem I have is intermittent and has happened in the last 7 days or so. It definitley occurs when the unit has been on for more than 10 minutes. The audio/power cuts off for a few seconds. The screen returns first and during that time the battery meter is blank. When audio returns a few seconds later, it is filled with static/screechy. Sometimes the volume returns at a real high level for about a second and returns back to it original volume. This can happen multiple times in a row. During this time, when I apply a little pressure on the sides of the unit by the bottom corners of the screen, the volume cuts in and out. It can also happen when I touch the top and bottom of the unit. It does not happen when I touch only one side. I have the silicon cover on the unit.
I am using the latest FW version 2.1.5. I've loaded it multiple times according to the directions(copy update to the unit, system update, factory reset and remove update file). I've tried different microsd cards(exFAT and FAT). It occurs with music on the microsd and internal memory. I have also reseated the battery multiple times.

Weird, huh? I'm perplexed by this. I even tried using a wrist grounding strap.

I reloaded the FW again(about the 6th time) this morning and no issues in 45 minutes of playing.

Did you redownload the FW from iBasso? I got a corrupted download once and got frustrated. I downloaded the FW again and the problem solved. This also happened with a fiiO player, a bad download, corruption of the file just enough that it would play but had problems. 

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #305 of 864
Did you redownload the FW from iBasso? I got a corrupted download once and got frustrated. I downloaded the FW again and the problem solved. This also happened with a fiiO player, a bad download, corruption of the file just enough that it would play but had problems. 

It shouldn't really be possible to get a bad img file since it is inside a zip file and if the zip file is damaged it shouldn't be possible to extract the img file at all

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #306 of 864
It shouldn't really be possible to get a bad img file since it is inside a zip file and if the zip file is damaged it shouldn't be possible to extract the img file at all

Maybe but somewhere along the line, what I loaded to my dap was corrupted and would not work right until I downloaded it again. 

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #307 of 864
I thought about a corrupted file also. The first time it happened, I was using Lurker's 2.1.5 L2, and so I downloaded the iBasso 2.1.5. Same result. I ran an anti-virus scan which was ok, and malwarebytes which only found some cookies. I've been trying to use the dx90 today, but with no issues. On the bright side, the vendor is going to exchange my unit for me. But I'm going to have to burn the new unit in again. I can see the FW causing the dropout,hiss, and volume issues, but not the funky touch on the side of the unit. I just can't explain that one, and I was a FW engineer back in the day. Thanks for the suggestions.

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #308 of 864
Hello,

it is not a bug, more a Feature Request :

Wouldn't it be nice to see the actual Song Title scrolling ( slow auto scrolling ) at the Home window ?

It is a bit old skool to manually scroll the title everytime ( my media titles are long... ) and
this feature every 20$ Player already have.

What do you think ? Nice to see at next Firmware ?

THX FX

Dec 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #309 of 864
Hello,
don't know if it's a known bug but: I've got 2 albums from different artists with the same name "Dust". When I look at the albums I see only one "Dust" and the files from the two albums are mixed into it. Browsing through directories shows the two albums are separated.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #310 of 864
Technically I suppose it is not a bug as when you browse by album there is only one album name that happens to be shared. Logically it would be nice if they were separate. This happens on many other devices and software players as well.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #311 of 864
Technically I suppose it is not a bug as when you browse by album there is only one album name that happens to be shared. Logically it would be nice if they were separate. This happens on many other devices and software players as well.

As it's my first DAC, I did not know it was common. I suppose I have to change the name of one of the album...

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #312 of 864
As it's my first DAC, I did not know it was common. I suppose I have to change the name of one of the album...

Yes. I have the same with a lot of my classical music. Many composers have composed a Requiem or a Symphony no. 1. I almost always browse the directory rather than use the meta data entries

Dec 22, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #313 of 864
Dropouts have returned - dang it
frown.gif
!  Any further news from iBasso on a real fix for this?

Very frustrating - as anyone that has experienced this bug can attest to.  I believe there are a few forum members that have some inside/close contacts with iBasso - any chance one of them can reach out for help?

Really hope they are working to solve this in the next firmware update.

Cheer,
Tim

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #314 of 864
Hello all,

I wanted to downgrade the FW on my Ibasso DX90 today and spent about 3 hours trying to connect it to my Win7 laptop.
I was on the verge of giving up, realising that the batchtools V1.7 and V1.8 were not going to help me at all....

Then searched on the Rockchip Website but unfortunately no RK3026.
Googled on "Rockchip RK3026 USB driver" and found an automated tool.

If this is already commonly known information, I'm very sorry for this post but it workes like a charm
so I decided to post it anyway just in case it might be of any help to other strugglers :)

Tool is called: RK_DriverAssitant and website is:
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/11/08/simplified-method-to-install-rockchip-usb-drivers-in-windows-xp78/

Btw; downgraded from 2.1.5 to 2.1.0. to 2.0.5 because of differences in sound sig. and boy, am I happy I did!

Merry Christmas all!

Dec 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #315 of 864
that's really nice to read.  i stayed with 2.0.5 and never upgraded because i liked the sound and didn't want to deal with any possible glitches or changes in sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back