iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Sep 20, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #241 of 864
Thanks for your reply, When I use the stock Pisen battery supplied by Ibasso, it shows the charging icon on the screen until it is fully charged and then the icon changes to a solid green ball. It doesn't do this with the OEM Samsung battery. Im referring to charging with the device switched off.

Didn't encounter this with any battery use. Samsung original, Pisen and golden 5100mah battery.

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #242 of 864
  Try to Rescan library from Advanced menu once. It seems the background picture is used only when the player "is confident" that the library is up to date. And it does rescan after USB disconnect.

Still having the same issue with the wallpaper not showing after i restart the unit. 
confused.gif

Sep 22, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #243 of 864
The front buttons malfunctioned on my DX90.   The left one started turning down the volume, the right one paused and restarted just like the middle button. I tried factory resets after removing the sd card.  I was ready to return it for warranty, but it worked after I:
1. cleared the internal memory (after backing up),
2. removed the sd card,
3. recopied the firmware .img (2.1.0) file,
4. did a factory reset, and
5. did the system update.
The funny part is that it started on an album of flacs which used to cause problems on my ipod, except on the ipod they were converted to AIFFs.  The filenames were odd however, and contained quotes and ampersands (&).

Sep 25, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #245 of 864
  Today I installed a new 128 gb sd card formatted in exFAT and the problem is completely solved. :)

Just checked my cards hoping they were something different, but PC shows them as ex-FAT. Was it pre-formatted like that, I believe my last Sandisk Ultra 64 was, and 'Scan?' message still appeared appeared straight away every use.

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #248 of 864
Anyone experiencing an issue where, after you have turned off the unit, it defaults to Shuffle play mode ? Even if it is showing Loop Play mode ?

Is there a work around this ?

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #249 of 864
I found several Bugs/Issues

1. Bad play format DSD128.
DSF128 files slowly playback

2. bad play format 24bit 352.8khz DXD encoded to the wave/PCM , flac.
Artifacts ( noise ) in the sound reproduction, not comes from the material/track
Flac files are not played 0 bit 0 khz

3. Drivers USB/DAC ver 1.0 unstable driver causes a blue screen systems when changing settings.
delay of a few seconds in playback

4.Not all .CUE sheet files are loaded into play

5.Line Out is controlled by buttons Volume,should be automatically controlled to the maximum level output

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #250 of 864
5. Is not a bug, that is how it is designed to work and is as valid a choice as a fixed line out

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #251 of 864
I using Mango for some days, instead of rockbox. The biggest issues for me is that :

When play an album via Directory, files are systematically shuffled (like 100%). Have to reload them to have the right order (by touching "my music", then the first track).

If you do not do that, playing may be stopping at the end of some track (and showing 0bit 0khz). Have to do that for each album you want to play via Directory.

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #252 of 864
5. Is not a bug, that is how it is designed to work and is as valid a choice as a fixed line out

Maybe a valid choice, But really not a great one ...

Oct 19, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #254 of 864
 Maybe a valid choice, But really not a great one ...

I personally find it a great choice and prefer it to a fixed line out. What could perhaps have been nice would be a user option like I have in my Audiolab home unit but I don't know if that would be possible since the volume is controlled in the dac chip and both line out and head out are active at the same time and the unit don't know which is in use

Oct 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #255 of 864
The problem is, even with a lot of care, it's ending by an headphone going at full saturated volume for few seconds. It is not good for the cans, nor the ears. Happening two days ago for me. Thanks for the low dB sensitivity of the headphone, It saturated and not going to loud. If It was my iems, I will be half deaf by now...

If there was two separate levels, one by output, okay then. But it is not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back