iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Aug 29, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #212 of 864
i have a few issues on my DX90 which kinda run me tired please help me understand so i could enjoy the device fully

1. something wrong with the Msd reading everytime i try to access the full list of songs "ALL MUSIC", every single time. it stucks the device for 20-30 seconds until it would show up the list..
could you tell me what could be the problem ?
before my original and current Msd 128GB of sandisk i tried to make it work with what i discovered is a fake so im not sure if it ruined the Msd reading or just the original Msd i bought is making the problem ..

2. seems like the battery isnt that strong, it lasts for like 5 hours beraley, i thought i should acpect around 8 even more ..

3. i know its a long shot but is there a chance that the device is a fake ? could i make sure in anyway?  

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #213 of 864
20-30 seconds to show all music on a 128GB card doesn't seem long to me, it must be many thousand tracks (depending on file format). Personally I don't understand why anybody would ever use All music

I also get about 5 hours. I would like longer but that is what it will do.

I doubt yours is fake but don't know how to check that.

Aug 30, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #215 of 864
  i have a few issues on my DX90 which kinda run me tired please help me understand so i could enjoy the device fully

1. something wrong with the Msd reading everytime i try to access the full list of songs "ALL MUSIC", every single time. it stucks the device for 20-30 seconds until it would show up the list..
before my original and current Msd 128GB of sandisk i tried to make it work with what i discovered is a fake so im not sure if it ruined the Msd reading or just the original Msd i bought is making the problem ..

2. seems like the battery isnt that strong, it lasts for like 5 hours beraley, i thought i should acpect around 8 even more ..

3. i know its a long shot but is there a chance that the device is a fake ? could i make sure in anyway?  

Ok, I just tried all music, I don't use it but have tried it a few times. As soon as I hit it, with a scanned 64gb card, the music instantly comes up. 

So you are doing a complete scan when you insert your card? Have you done a factory reset, just to make sure your software is functioning correctly? You could also reload the FW and then do a factory reset and then scan in the card and see if it still does it. 

Sep 2, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #216 of 864

1.  "All Music" is off course important if you wish to access shuffle across all tracks on the device.  I see the same behavior...with thousands of tracks it takes approximately 20 seconds for the device to exit being locked up upon selecting All Music.  Others have suggested that album art may exacerbate this problem.

2.  You're getting 5 hours?  No surprise, my son's DX90 gets about the same, even with an OEM Samsung battery installed. 

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #218 of 864
Fewer files per card is all I can think of, or not use All music

Sep 5, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #219 of 864
Personally, I usually use All Music, with a 128 Gb mSD card and I think around 3000 - 4000 high quality files, and I don't wait more than 3-5 seconds... Maybe the problem is related either to number of files (large capacity cards with mp3s probably hold a much larger number of files), or to some strange or corrupted tags?

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #220 of 864

1. Maybe your fake µSD corrupted the database at some point ? A factory reset never hurt, I will try that, then rescan the µSD. For advanced usages, playing several directory, random & co : rockbox is far more powerfull (with no bug for bad tagging or whatever mango doesn't like).

2. Last more IF playing without touching anything, screen off, low gain... The battery capacity has been long developed here, it's about the same for every one. So no, you shouldn't expect a lot more. But on the bright side, it charges very fast if a good power source (2A and more). For my usage, a cheap external battery do the job if there no more power (anker astro3). Which is not so frequent.

3. Seems very very unlikely. Fake happens with very highly distributed, mass product items. Like SD cards, cellphones, hyped (or cheap) headphones... I will be surprised for a high-end  semi-confidential item like the dx90. But who knows ? :wink: 

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #221 of 864
Not sure if its a bug or an issue, is the DX90 supposed to just last a few hours on flac/alac files? Seems awfully short, compared to my X3.

And how does one reduce that screen sensitivity, its a pain.

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #222 of 864
  Not sure if its a bug or an issue, is the DX90 supposed to just last a few hours on flac/alac files? Seems awfully short, compared to my X3.

And how does one reduce that screen sensitivity, its a pain.

Yes, it lasts around 4-5 hours I believe. Also, if you update to FW 2.1, the sensitivity is decreased. If the screen is still too sensitive, I don't think there is anything you can do other than wait for a future update (if they even change the screen sensitivity) or use RockBox

Sep 16, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #223 of 864
  Yes, it lasts around 4-5 hours I believe. Also, if you update to FW 2.1, the sensitivity is decreased. If the screen is still too sensitive, I don't think there is anything you can do other than wait for a future update (if they even change the screen sensitivity) or use RockBox

Guess thats normal then. I am on FW2.1, just got it recently. Would the replacement Samsung S3 battery actually give me more run time. Contemplating that right now/

Would using low gain actually improve battery life?

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #224 of 864
I get 5-6 hours with a Samsung battery. To get more you have to buy one of the higer capacity batteries that don't fit under the back cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back