Ibasso DX80
Oct 25, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #482 of 1,208
  I am hearing reports from friends who are at the Japanese headphone show in Tokyo that the DX80 sounds great but the UI responsiveness is slightly slow (probably due to processor not the screen).

Neither of the demo units they had at their booth today at the Tokyo show were working.   They would start up, show menus, start to play a track but then freeze, brick out.  Both of them, behaving exactly the same way.  It was a gong show.  Nice design though.  Will be a great unit once they debug.  I have no idea why they didn`t pull the units; several of us were shaking our heads . . . 

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #483 of 1,208
Not good news. Perhaps there is several software (only?) problems on DX80 and this is why there's still no date for sell starts..
No problem for me in delay: but I hope there will no serious problem with first batch of players, noting that necessitate of a hardware revision...

Sent from my S3 with Tapatalk

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #484 of 1,208
Not good news. Perhaps there is several software (only?) problems on DX80 and this is why there's still no date for sell starts..
No problem for me in delay: but I hope there will no serious problem with first batch of players, noting that necessitate of a hardware revision...

I'm sure they would not repeat their mistakes again like the DX50 where it took a long time (more than just 1 firmware) to get the firmware to stabilize (somewhat).

I hope?

Oct 25, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #486 of 1,208
If the FW is not stable I think I should wait for the stable one before trying DX80.

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #488 of 1,208

These are preproduction samples. The FW is not stable, the screen has been updated and there have been hardware changes. The DX80 that ships will be stable and will sound even better than what has been heard from a few samples. Navigation is fast and the screen is very responsive.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 25, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #489 of 1,208

These are preproduction samples. The FW is not stable, the screen has been updated and there have been hardware changes. The DX80 that ships will be stable and will sound even better than what has been heard from a few samples. Navigation is fast and the screen is very responsive.

Doesn't look like It's gonna be available before christmas. With all that changes.

Oct 25, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #490 of 1,208

Doesn't look like It's gonna be available before christmas. With all that changes.

The changes have already been made. Those were preproduction samples that were sent out a while back.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 25, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #491 of 1,208

beerchug.gif

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #492 of 1,208

The changes have already been made. Those were preproduction samples that were sent out a while back.

So, there should be no more hardware changes, software polishing only? Paul, could you clarify (or reiterate) whether DX 80 will be able to work as an USB DAC without any drivers installation (unlike my DX90) and whether crystal clock oscillators (TCXO) will be utilized in USB DAC mode for jitter reduction, just like in DAP mode?

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #494 of 1,208
Always amazes me the lack of information and communication iBasso provides compared to even just say, FiiO.  We all know ya'll got the info, and we know Paul probably browse this thread daily and sees our questions daily.  Can you guys stop keeping your consumer in the dark and just answer some questions?  Only show up to damage control some ****ty units at the show...

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #495 of 1,208
It surprises you that a company doesn't want to make promises it can't keep? It surprises you that a company doesn't want to string people along and misinform them? That worked out well for the Geek wave didn't it?

I believe Paul has told us everything that he can. Maybe there are unforeseen production issues where he can't promise units will ship soon. should he lie to us? Should he tell us the firmware sucks, but it will work great in a month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back