iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Oct 12, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #6,586 of 6,795
anyway can we use dx80 as android dac ?
Yes, I was using DX80 with my Android tablet, along with UAPP or HibyMusic. It works very good, but only if your Android device will not provide too much current to charge DX80 at the same time, or using a passive USB hub in between. It depends on the particular device. But, basically, it works.

In my particular case, I ended up with a self made cable with a resistor in the power line, to reduce the current.

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #6,587 of 6,795
Yes, I was using DX80 with my Android tablet, along with UAPP or HibyMusic. It works very good, but only if your Android device will not provide too much current to charge DX80 at the same time, or using a passive USB hub in between. It depends on the particular device. But, basically, it works.

In my particular case, I ended up with a self made cable with a resistor in the power line, to reduce the current.

so with regular usb C to micro usb or otg usb C
url
won't work?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #6,589 of 6,795
Hi, my DX80 is reaching 2 years old in 2 months, and recently I have noticed that the battery is draining considerably even when turned off. I have the latest firmware installed and it loses around 20% charge a day even when powered off and whenever I turn it on after a week of its always down to the single digits. Is this normal? I cant remember if this was the behaviour a year back, since there was a period that I didn't use it for quite a while. Could the battery dying?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #6,590 of 6,795
Hi, my DX80 is reaching 2 years old in 2 months, and recently I have noticed that the battery is draining considerably even when turned off. I have the latest firmware installed and it loses around 20% charge a day even when powered off and whenever I turn it on after a week of its always down to the single digits. Is this normal? I cant remember if this was the behaviour a year back, since there was a period that I didn't use it for quite a while. Could the battery dying?

I had this problem as well. This is a behavior seen in an early batch of DX80's. Work with iBasso to get the battery replaced and you should be good to go again.

Nov 7, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #6,592 of 6,795
What is the sound difference between 1.5.8 stock and 1.6 stock version?

Very little if none - unlike some of the earlier ones - Both sound fantastic. Or at least certainly not enough difference to worry about

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #6,595 of 6,795
Should I give up hope that there will ever be another firmware update for this device?

Edit: Specifically, I am wondering if any "usability" features will ever be added, such as the option to take advantage of Album Artist metadata.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #6,596 of 6,795
Should I give up hope that there will ever be another firmware update for this device?

Edit: Specifically, I am wondering if any "usability" features will ever be added, such as the option to take advantage of Album Artist metadata.

I asked Paul several times in this forum for new firmware for DX 80, but he did not answer... :frowning2:

Last published firmware for DX 200 is about 3 month ago, for DX 80 over 5 month...

I hope there will be very soon a new firmware for DX 80 with several fixes concerning playlists and sort order, too.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #6,597 of 6,795
I asked Paul several times in this forum for new firmware for DX 80, but he did not answer... :frowning2:

Last published firmware for DX 200 is about 3 month ago, for DX 80 over 5 month...

I hope there will be very soon a new firmware for DX 80 with several fixes concerning playlists and sort order, too.
Sorry about not replying. Our software team has been staying very busy. What type of sort order problems are you having?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 10, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #6,598 of 6,795
Thank you. I have given this information to our software team.
Sorry about not replying. Our software team has been staying very busy. What type of sort order problems are you having?
Hi Paul,
See #6475: I just meant that the sort bug still exists when you use playlists. After power off and on the titles in the playlist are in alphabetical order...

And maybe that a given folder containing playlists will be completely scanned for playlists and import these playlists automatically and not to import every single playlist manually...

Thank you :)

Nov 14, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #6,599 of 6,795
Hi all, I might be getting a DX80 as i stumbled upon a reasonable used sale. I'm just wondering what are the current bugs on FW 1.6.0? Are there any glaring bugs? Also, has the UI gotten faster in latest fw updates, or lurkers versions?

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #6,600 of 6,795
Hi all, I might be getting a DX80 as i stumbled upon a reasonable used sale. I'm just wondering what are the current bugs on FW 1.6.0? Are there any glaring bugs? Also, has the UI gotten faster in latest fw updates, or lurkers versions?

IMO the DX80 works well on all recent/current firmwares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back