iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 16, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #1,246 of 6,795
Quick dumb Q.  When one orders directly from iBasso, other than a Paypal receipt, do you receive any email confirmation from iBasso?  I have not received anything and I ordered about 5 hours ago.  I am guessing it is just a matter of time, but want to make sure that this is the same experience others have had when ordering direct the manufacturer.  [I chose to order direct instead of through a USA distributor as I felt more confident that I'd receive a product from the most current "batch" from the production line.]  

Of course, Paul, if you care to chime in, that would be appreciated.  Your consistent voice on these forums and customer service is a key factor in my decision to buy from iBasso.  I am already a happy owner of a DX90, and am adding to my iBasso line due to the increased storage capacity associated with two memory slots and the improved GUI.  I look forward to playing with the new DX80.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #1,247 of 6,795
You will hear again once it's been despatched along with the tracking details.

Dec 16, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #1,248 of 6,795
Thank you, Kryten.  That is good enough for me.  Appreciate the reply.

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,249 of 6,795
  Thank you, Kryten.  That is good enough for me.  Appreciate the reply.

Yes per what Kryten has stated you will get an email when the tracking number is obtained. Also there is a time difference that affects when emails are answered. Sometimes we have very strange hours.
smile.gif

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 16, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #1,250 of 6,795
Most of my musics. All CD ripped Wav files.
There are background noise during silent moment in the tracks.

Edit: only obvious on one of my ciem(no issue when using on zx100). On my another ciem and headphone doesn't seems to have this issue.

Is there a custom cable on the CIEM that you notice hiss on? You mentioned there was no hiss until music was played but also said there was hiss all of the time.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 16, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #1,251 of 6,795
Is there a custom cable on the CIEM that you notice hiss on? You mentioned there was no hiss until music was played but also said there was hiss all of the time.

Only on a particular pair of my ciem. Try swapping cables still same issue. Can notice the slight hiss when in the quieter part of the music. Or when one track ends and go to the next track. There will be hiss then no hiss during the transition and after the song starts, the hiss starts again.

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,252 of 6,795
I face hiss issue as above comment as well.

But I think it is because too low impedance and too high sensitivity CIEM. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #1,254 of 6,795
  I face hiss issue as above comment as well.

But I think it is because too low impedance and too high sensitivity CIEM. 

This wasn't my case.  With the same IEM & cable, playing the same track, I got heavy hiss with a demo device in one shop, but no hiss when trying another demo device in another shop.

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #1,256 of 6,795
  What improvements in SQ should be expected after burn-in ?  I have only around 20 hours usage so far.

From my experience the overall sound becomes more fluid and dynamic and the sound stage opens up more and you also get more top end detail and sparkle but nothing dramatic.

Some of us believe that after 100 hours you get most of the benefits of burn-in but as usual opinions are divided and some people believe it is all BS but not me.

Burn-in is free, as they say if in doubt burn it out!
angry_face.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #1,257 of 6,795

Yes per what Kryten has stated you will get an email when the tracking number is obtained. Also there is a time difference that affects when emails are answered. Sometimes we have very strange hours.
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply, Paul.  As usual, you're very responsive with your customer inquiries on these boards.  Much appreciated.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,258 of 6,795
DX200... finally a TOTL that I have been expecting for a while.
https://polldaddy.com/poll/9236286/
Vote for the design.
I heard that it will have replaceable amp modules and it is scheduled to come out in May although delays may happen.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #1,259 of 6,795
Gotta make you wonder though if there's still a missing piece to the puzzle.

DX80 > DX200?

Or...

DX80 >???? > DX200?

:D

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #1,260 of 6,795
  DX200... finally a TOTL that I have been expecting for a while.
https://polldaddy.com/poll/9236286/
Vote for the design.
I heard that it will have replaceable amp modules and it is scheduled to come out in May although delays may happen.

#1 #2  #3 

#3 all the way
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back