iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 17, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #1,262 of 6,795
Sorry for the stupid question... The poll about the DX200 is an "official" poll? Who created the poll is our Paul?
I think that is the time to open a new thread about the forthcoming DAP from iBasso...

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #1,264 of 6,795
Yes, my Galaxy G4 works just fine into the DX80 via USB/OTG and DAC mode. I assume that any Android phone that hosts USB out would work the same. Connection was instant once enabling the DAC mode.

Hi, DX80 does not come with USB/OTG cable. Please advise what kind of cable you are using and what music player , with DSD, hi-res PCM 24/192 playback capability.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #1,265 of 6,795
Hi, DX80 does not come with USB/OTG cable. Please advise what kind of cable you are using and what music player , with DSD, hi-res PCM 24/192 playback capability.

Any micro>micro USB/OTG cable should work just fine. I have several and all work well. I just used the DX-80 as both DAC and output source to my headphones. I didn't try running it to another outboard amp.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #1,268 of 6,795
Wow...ordered from Ibasso direct (from China) on Tuesday and it got delivered to Houston, Tx this morning (Thursday). Can't wait to try tonight.

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,269 of 6,795
  Wow...ordered from Ibasso direct (from China) on Tuesday and it got delivered to Houston, Tx this morning (Thursday). Can't wait to try tonight.

That is great to read. I ordered mine direct yesterday, so should logically expect to get it in NYC Friday, or maybe the next (business) day.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #1,270 of 6,795
I have ER4S / DX80. 

DX80 can drive them just fine in low gain at around 90/150 - what I'd consider 'normal' listening levels.

When moving up to 120/150 I wouldn't go much louder personally.

Are you sure? I've dx80 and er4-s

Dx80 can not drive er4-s 90/150 low gain, it sounds very low and weak, if there are not output differents between unit parts.

It's can be driving at 115/150 high gain (V1.1.4 firmware)

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #1,273 of 6,795
  Anyone else have any problem with how the last cut of an album ends. It sounds sorta like less than a second doesn't record.

This is being corrected with a new FW.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 17, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #1,274 of 6,795
My apologies for not reading all 85 pages, I just searched for "Playlist"....oh boy.

FYI, I own the DX50 for almost 2 years. The biggest pet peeves are the buggy implementation of playlist, gapless and replaygain - at least regarding playlist the new DX80 appears to be doing the same. I posted pretty much the same you will read below in the DX50 thread, got even an acknowledgement from iBasso Paul, but nothing has happened in the firmware to fix it.

Here it goes.....

Look at this perfectly good path:

/mnt/external_sd/Alvin Lee/Keep on Rockin'/05 - The Bluest Blues (feat. George Harrison).flac
/mnt/external_sd/Bruce Springsteen/Born in the U.S.A/06 - I'm on Fire.flac
/mnt/external_sd/Eric Clapton/Pilgrim/01 - My Father's Eyes.flac

Can the DX50 import this? No, it cannot. It just ignores that one due to the single tick. I bet a fiver the DX80 will do the same.

Here is the funny part. If I select the song from the directory and add it to a new or existing playlist and export the playlist, the DX50 will create that very string you see up there. Can the DX50 import that playlist again? No, it cannot. Pathetic, isn't it?

So, if the DX80 owner would be so kind to try this - that would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE!
smily_headphones1.gif

To be honest, I was on the fence ordering the unit. I really like the design, the buttons and the two card slots - yeah.

RockBox for the DX50 solves all those issues. That just works. However, I don't expect a RockBox for the DX80.......

Cheers.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #1,275 of 6,795
Sorry for the stupid question... The poll about the DX200 is an "official" poll? Who created the poll is our Paul?
I think that is the time to open a new thread about the forthcoming DAP from iBasso...
I may be wrong, but I thought iBasso made the poll; asking what design consumers like most. Pretty neat we may have a say in the design. Tho #1 is kewlest, I thought #3 was the most functional, so voted for that. Last I looked, it was in the lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back