iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 18, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #1,276 of 6,795
i import playlist to dx80 using this format

/mnt/firstsd/Incubus - Discography/1995 Fungus Amongus/07 The Answer.flac
/mnt/external_sd/Universal Mother 1994/Sinéad O'Connor - Universal Mother - 04 - My Darling Child.flac

slot1 and slot2. hope it helps

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,277 of 6,795
Just wondering how many of you are using sharp roll-off and slow roll-off. Which do you prefer?

Sharp roll-off. Sounds a little more vibrant to me. As a note for some reason I detect a larger difference with DX80 DAC filter other than DX90.

Especially with brighter, transparent IEM, like Tralucent 1Plus2.

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #1,278 of 6,795
Look at this perfectly good path:  
/mnt/external_sd/Alvin Lee/Keep on Rockin'/05 - The Bluest Blues (feat. George Harrison).flac
/mnt/external_sd/Bruce Springsteen/Born in the U.S.A/06 - I'm on Fire.flac
/mnt/external_sd/Eric Clapton/Pilgrim/01 - My Father's Eyes.flac

Can the DX50 import this? No, it cannot. It just ignores that one due to the single tick. I bet a fiver the DX80 will do the same.

I can't try this now, but it's possible that it's having problems because the tick you have isn't the same one as the one your keyboard would type.
They are not the same character. In a small font they look the same, but in a ridiculously large font they're clearly different. `vs'
I've seen numerous program have problems with such characters.
Try renaming the file, and change the tags, but use the ` from your keyboard, not the ' that's in the file now.

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,279 of 6,795
With all due respect, I know the difference between ' and `. It actually is on different locations on every US keyboard. Besides, if you read my post carefully, you will notice that the DX50 cannot properly import its own list....also using Foobar or MediaMonkey makes creating playlists so much easier than typing all that jazz. If corrections need to be made NP++ does it all.

Looks like I have to order a DX80 to test this....poor me....
rolleyes.gif

Cheers.

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #1,280 of 6,795
I wasn't saying thing correctly.

Here are 4 different tick or backtick characters: `‘‘'
Here are 3 different apostrophe-looking characters: ’′´

They all look similar, perhaps identical, in some fonts, especially a small font. But they're easily distinguishable in a larger font:
`‘‘'
Yes, those two characters in the middle are different, though they look identical in a huge font.
’′´
Yes, those first two characters are different, though they look identical in a huge font.

I have seen many programs show issues with some of those characters that aren't easily entered using a US keyboard. A workaround is to erase the offending character and enter one using the keyboard.

Or you could buy a $360 device if you're impatient and stubborn.

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #1,283 of 6,795
Eureka at last managed to find the solution to my skipping and chipmunk speed. I had to reformat all my microsd to fat32 in Windows and not Mac even new sd card needed to be reformatted, didn't have a problem with dx90.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,284 of 6,795
Is the Dx80 hiss with sensitive iems normal?
There is no hiss on my headphone. But definitely a certain level of hiss on my iems.

There is no hiss when no songs are played.
When the songs are playing, and on the quieter part of the music, the hiss are apparent.

Anyone else facing this issue too??

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #1,286 of 6,795
There is no hiss on my headphone. But definitely a certain level of hiss on my iems.

When the songs are playing, and on the quieter part of the music, the hiss are apparent.

Yes, that's quite normal, every device hisses (more or less; some have so little hiss that it isn't audible).
If someone is able to hear the hiss mainly depends on the headphones' sensitivity (the more sensitive the used headphones, the more hiss-prone are they), and many In-Ears are very sensitive.

You can easily detect if it is real hiss you are hearing or just the band noise from the recording by creating an empty audio file (e.g. in Audacity) and then copying it onto your memory card and playing this file.
If you hear hiss with your IEMs, it is the hiss from the DX80's Amp section.
Everybody is differently sensitive to hiss and as I said, it requires also sensitive IEMs to hear hiss.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #1,287 of 6,795

If there is no hiss when there is no music it is most likely on the recording. I have some recordings with hiss. It shows up on IEMs for me because the IEMs isolate more and I can hear more details. I do hear hiss with some recordings even with headphones but more with IEMs.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 19, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #1,288 of 6,795
If there is no hiss when there is no music it is most likely on the recording. I have some recordings with hiss. It shows up on IEMs for me because the IEMs isolate more and I can hear more details. I do hear hiss with some recordings even with headphones but more with IEMs.

I dont have such issue when used on my old Calyx M, Ak240, Dx100, Dx50, R10 and even the Zx100. Recording hiss there are some songs with it. But it hisses very slightly and consistently throught out the whole song.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #1,289 of 6,795
I dont have such issue when used on my old Calyx M, Ak240, Dx100, Dx50, R10 and even the Zx100. Recording hiss there are some songs with it. But it hisses very slightly and consistently throught out the whole song.

There is no hiss when no music is playing?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back