iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 16, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #1,231 of 6,795
  I'm using my JH13 and there is no sibilance if that is what you are referring to. I tend to find that happens with poor recordings or certain headphones. If anything I would say with the DX80 being more laid back\analogue sounding it would be less likely to hear the sssssssssss.

ok its called sibilance thank you. Maybe its the headphone, the sssss is not as prevalent when i am using the ER4PT rather than the ER4S. 

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #1,232 of 6,795
ok its called sibilance thank you. Maybe its the headphone, the sssss is not as prevalent when i am using the ER4PT rather than the ER4S. 

The ER4S has a higher response at about the 3 Khz point than does the ER4PT. This is actually the part of the frequency range where the "ssss" resides.

This is also frequently more audible when listening to lossy files such as lower bitrate MP3.

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #1,233 of 6,795
The ER4S has a higher response at about the 3 Khz point than does the ER4PT. This is actually the part of the frequency range where the "ssss" resides.

This is also frequently more audible when listening to lossy files such as lower bitrate MP3.

All of my files are FLAC and 320kbps MP3, maybe i need more time to be accustomed to the sound signature between the DX80 and the etys. What make me curious, the sssss doesn't show up when i play the files in my PC. I don't have any equipment attached to my PC though +.+

Dec 16, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #1,234 of 6,795

All of my files are FLAC and 320kbps MP3, maybe i need more time to be accustomed to the sound signature between the DX80 and the etys. What make me curious, the sssss doesn't show up when i play the files in my PC. I don't have any equipment attached to my PC though +.+
where did you purchase yours at?

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,237 of 6,795
  Yesterday i received the replacement DX80 (Previous one had something moving inside). Guess What? This one has the second micro sd card slot broken
rolleyes.gif
 It seems to me the spring inside the slot is broken as i can push the card all the way inside but the card gets stuck and the player doesn't read it. To remove the card i need to use tweezers.

NO, i didn't force the card inside and NO, i'm putting it inside the correct way (And i'm also  very careful with my electronic devices, headphones etc.)

First slot is fine but...who cares? I will not be able to update firmware as it is done with the second slot plus i bought the DX80 to have two micro sd card slots.

To be honest, this is the second DX80 with serious hardware issues and i wonder if i'm VERY unlucky or if there is a lack of quality control. I never had these kind of issues with any phones, mp3 players, electronic devices or headphones i ever had in my life (and i had MANY).

I'm not going to bother again to send it back to the seller as the first time already costed me money and time to post it and i had to wait days to get a replacement (the seller was very honest and helpful).

I think i'm giving up on the DX80 but now i have a good paperweight that costed 400 eur 
rolleyes.gif

P.S. along with the DX80 i also ordered a DX90 and the latter is working fine

I have sent you a PM.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 16, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,240 of 6,795
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=162055
Is it true?
just a note about what my antimalware has to say about that site ...

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #1,241 of 6,795
The player seems to have hiss when music are playing. When no songs are playing. The background is totally black. But once you play a song. You can hear a very slight hiss.

Does it do this with all music? I have some music that the hiss is in the background but it is part of the recording system of the album. Some lower resolution mp3 music can do this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 16, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #1,243 of 6,795
Does it do this with all music? I have some music that the hiss is in the background but it is part of the recording system of the album. Some lower resolution mp3 music can do this.

Most of my musics. All CD ripped Wav files.
There are background noise during silent moment in the tracks.

Edit: only obvious on one of my ciem(no issue when using on zx100). On my another ciem and headphone doesn't seems to have this issue.

Dec 16, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,244 of 6,795
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=162055
Is it true?
Just want to say that I visit this site several times per day for past 2 years and experience no problems.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #1,245 of 6,795

My provider has flagged it too as potentially dodgy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back