iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Nov 3, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #61 of 6,795
Nov 3, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #62 of 6,795
Thank for all information and impression :) Anyway I have two questions about playlist:

1. Is DX80 support m3u or m3u8 playlist?
2. Can we create playlist via PC program like Foobar (playlist from songs in SD card) and play it by DX80?

Thank you in advance. 

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #63 of 6,795

Can any1 confirm HiFlights remark about the DX80 not having a 'lock' switch? Well, i think we can assume that there is no 'lock'-switch, it would be hard to overlook a physical switch/button, ( even for a headphoneus supreme with his head in the acoustical clouds
ksc75smile.gif
) but maybe there is some other mechanism, like holding 2 buttons for 2 seconds?

That would be really strange if it's missing and very annoying. I use my DX50 a lot while traveling.

The first reports about the sound are very promising. So promising even, i would consider getting a case for the DX80 to prevent inadvertent inputs while travelling. Although that would make it even bulkier (then the DX50).

Thanks for all the feedback about this player. I'd love to hear more, about the player itself and some sound-comparison with the Fiio's, if any1 has a Fiio 2nd edition also besides the Dx80.

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #64 of 6,795
Any hissing on low impedance IEMs?

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #65 of 6,795
  Ι think it's natural that the dx80 would/should have a bigger soundstage than dx90 as a logical successor should at that pricepoint in order to compete with this years daps.The soundstage of dx90 while good at its pricepoint was noticeably narrower in width  and more congested when you compared to pricier daps despite its saving graces,detail and wonderful treble.If the dx80 improves the few shortcomings of the dx90 soundstage width,bass control and the slight almost imperceptible sabre  glare at that price point they will have a winner.

these improvements are definitely present

dx80 sounds also (as someone else noted) more musical than the dx90 but with a very good sense of clarity/separation.

first impressions were completely positive , i think it is definitely an improvement over dx90.

i have put it again on burn-in mode (as i am back to work) , and will do some more listening this afternoon(it is 10 am here)

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #66 of 6,795
hi, i would like to know if the dx80 is made with metal enclosure unlike the dx90 ,which has metal like texture but still a piece of plastic? would dx80 also have the same problem? and what was the price u purchased the 80?

thanks a lot! i really look forward to your full review on this machine!

Nov 4, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #68 of 6,795
Can any1 confirm HiFlights remark about the DX80 not having a 'lock' switch? Well, i think we can assume that there is no 'lock'-switch, it would be hard to overlook a physical switch/button, ( even for a headphoneus supreme with his head in the acoustical clouds :ksc75smile: ) but maybe there is some other mechanism, like holding 2 buttons for 2 seconds?

That would be really strange if it's missing and very annoying. I use my DX50 a lot while traveling.

The first reports about the sound are very promising. So promising even, i would consider getting a case for the DX80 to prevent inadvertent inputs while travelling. Although that would make it even bulkier (then the DX50).

Thanks for all the feedback about this player. I'd love to hear more, about the player itself and some sound-comparison with the Fiio's, if any1 has a Fiio 2nd edition also besides the Dx80.

I did confirm with iBasso that there is currently no method of locking the DX80 but if enough folks need this option, they could implement a lock using a multi-key press. Given that the keys are flush, as long as the screen is off, it would seem that the chances of inadvertent inputs while in a pocket will be rather remote. I mentioned this as a point of interest as I never use the lock on my DX50 or 90.

The upcoming firmware release scheduled for this weekend should address the other issues I mentioned. And yes, one can use custom wallpapers just as in the DX50 and 90. There should also be a User Manual posted on iBasso's website very soon.

Even at this early number of hours, I am totally satisfied with the SQ! I have listened with most of my phones, including buds, IEM's, CIEM's and over-ear phones. Even my lesser quality phones sound surprisingly good. when compared to my other DAP's.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #70 of 6,795
  hi, i would like to know if the dx80 is made with metal enclosure unlike the dx90 ,which has metal like texture but still a piece of plastic? would dx80 also have the same problem?

The DX90 has a metal front and back. The DX80 is all aluminum except for two small side pieces.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 4, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #72 of 6,795
  For Australian members, I just got word minidisc.com now has DX80 in stock!

your link is not valid , here is the correct one cheers

http://www.minidisc.com.au/audio-video/mp3-players-mp3-player/64gb-mp3-players/ibasso-dx80-digital-audio-player-p-1100903.html

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #73 of 6,795

How does it compare against the ZX2?

sound-wise , if we say that ibasso with a 128gbcard costs around 450$ (which is say half the price of ZX2)

well , bang-for-buck the dx80 is the easy winner here , no contest as dx80 sounds like 75% of the zx2 SQ (maybe even more if it's burned-in , i don't know now)

i am talking strictly soundwise here

seriously for 350$ , this one looks to me like a bargain for someone who wants to stay budget-wise in mid-tier levels yet get quality of much higher value/level

i really thought that dx90 was an amazing value-for-money DAP (and it was/is) , but i feel that dx80 is even better and the price is lower than dx90 ???.....

dual sd card slot / bigger (although not replaceable) battery / fuller yet extremely detailed sound / better build/looks

for 350$ this is great stuff- and the FW fears i see from people here i don't think are valid , i am already waiting for Lurker to get his hands on the 2.0 FW 
tongue.gif

i wonder how it pairs with mojo 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #74 of 6,795
Took a chance and just ordered one based on the brief impresssions. :rolleyes:

Nov 4, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #75 of 6,795
well , bang-for-buck the dx80 is the easy winner here , no contest as dx80 sounds like 75% of the zx2 SQ (maybe even more if it's burned-in , i don't know now)

i am talking strictly soundwise here

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back