iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Sep 12, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #5,491 of 6,795
The battery we use in the DX80 is not cheap. We actually paid more for it than normal as we were seeking the best battery we could source. There are some that have not met the standard and I apologize for this. It is not because we skimped on what we paid or the quality we wanted for the DX80.

Anytime you mass produce something there are going to flaws. We are all human. I work at a place that builds close to 200,000 engines a year. Believe me problems arise.

Sep 12, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #5,492 of 6,795
Anytime you mass produce something there are going to flaws. We are all human. I work at a place that builds close to 200,000 engines a year. Believe me problems arise.

You are correct. We strive to have trouble free products and go to a lot of work to insure this. No one wants to buy something and have problems and we build products so people can enjoy music and that is our main goal and why we got into this business. It is also why we pay more for a number of parts to try and assure this. Sadly it doesn't always work out but we will keep working to achieve the best possible enjoyment and satisfaction and apologize for any problems and stress.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 12, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #5,493 of 6,795
Apparently, this person is not happy with their DX80.  I have had mine since it was released.  I recently bought a FiiO X7.  Sure, it's nice to look at, but it's also almost twice the price of the DX80.  But since it's the sound that we are primarily concerned with, I have decided that I will stick with my DX80 over the FiiO X7.

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #5,494 of 6,795
Well, there is a lesson to be learned I suppose.

I have an Alienware laptop that also does not have a 'user replacable battery' anymore. It can be opened however rather easily and the battery is reachable without much ado / only fixed with some screws. It would be great to see something like this in DAPs more often. The 'glue the battery in and put it at some remote location that requires complete disassembly just to gain a few extra mAh capacity'-thinking is - in my mind - flawed.

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #5,495 of 6,795

You are correct. We strive to have trouble free products and go to a lot of work to insure this. No one wants to buy something and have problems and we build products so people can enjoy music and that is our main goal and why we got into this business. It is also why we pay more for a number of parts to try and assure this. Sadly it doesn't always work out but we will keep working to achieve the best possible enjoyment and satisfaction and apologize for any problems and stress.

I think make all your DAP a user replaceable ones. Would be the great way to go.
imho more users will stay with ibasso coz of the user replaceable battery + the good sound audio quality.

Sep 14, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #5,498 of 6,795
Ibasso's battery is substandard....more than a month of use an hour or more of use lessens thats why its cheap

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

this is very true. battery life is the worst in my dap collection now. it may not be a cheap battery but it sure is mediocre. if dx200 has such poor battery life, no more ibasso daps
frown.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #5,499 of 6,795
Just got my DX80 back after battery replacement.  From New York City to China, all-in, 9 days.  Very nice!  Thank you for the prompt service.  Email responsiveness was super fast and friendly, too.  Much appreciated.

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #5,500 of 6,795
  Just got my DX80 back after battery replacement.  From New York City to China, all-in, 9 days.  Very nice!  Thank you for the prompt service.  Email responsiveness was super fast and friendly, too.  Much appreciated.

Out of curiosity, any issues with shipping due to the battery?  It seems that the post office is sensitive to that these days. I need to send mine for replacement as well.

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #5,503 of 6,795

Out of curiosity, any issues with shipping due to the battery?  It seems that the post office is sensitive to that these days. I need to send mine for replacement as well.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I used fedex to ship. Expensive, but quite easy and reliable.  Zero issues shipping to China.  Per iBasso instructions, I said I was shipping a USB soundcard.  Seamless.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #5,504 of 6,795
Your allowed to ship devices with batteries inside if the batteris are sealed in the unit

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #5,505 of 6,795
Update. I will charge the unit, via usb. Used it on a drive in my car maybe 20 mins. Turned it off. I tried to power it back up about a half hour later, and it won't start. So I plug in the usb cable/charger in my car to the unit. It boots up, showing as 80% battery. Seems either there is an amperage problem with the battery or something else is going on? I'm near the point of just calling it a loss and looking to another company for a DAP. Maybe I'll just stick with using it for what I intended it for, as a USB DAC. I'll look into a unit for my car. Can't expect great sonics inside a moving vehicle anyway. I don't believe this is what iBasso intended it for either. Still, this must be embarrassing for them. I hope they get the issue straightened out straight away. I like to use it occassionally as a portable DAP. I'll send it off for the replacement battery but will this issue come up again later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back