iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 29, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #1,561 of 6,795

In my experience album jpeg's in album folders can have any name you choose; renaming to album.jpg is not necessary.....

Sorry, renaming to folder.jpg is not necessary....

Respectfully, the only 100% working thing [that I have found] is to name the jpeg 'cover' On some devices the artwork named 'folder' wont show up !! :D
(but of course, if it works for you then do 'it' whatever the 'it' may be!)

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #1,564 of 6,795

Respectfully, the only 100% working thing [that I have found] is to name the jpeg 'cover' On some devices the artwork named 'folder' wont show up !! :D
(but of course, if it works for you then do 'it' whatever the 'it' may be!)

My apologies (I think!). I haven't done a complete check but I'm guessing much of my album art is embedded in the music file......

Dec 29, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,565 of 6,795
  One strange problem I am having with my DSD 64 albums downloaded from Acoustic Sounds: they play at a faster tempo so Bob Dylan sounds like a chipmunk. I have no idea what is going on. I've contacted both Acoustic Sounds and iBasso. The album plays normally via my laptop and 2 different DACs so I don't think it's the download process.
This happens with both firmware 1.1.4 and the new 1.2.

Could you please send one song from the file that plays at this faster speed on WeTransfer to us at service@ibasso.com? WeTransfer is free and is good for large files.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #1,569 of 6,795
  Thank you Paul--I just sent you via We Download a song from the DSD album that plays too fast. Such a weird phenomenon!

We got the file and thank you. It plays fine on a FW we have so the next update will fix this problem.

Dec 29, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #1,571 of 6,795
Some of the SDXC cards can cause a popping or other sounds on the DX80. This is being fixed and should be remedied with the next FW.

The next FW will be in about 1 week. Please use 1.1.4 for now.

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #1,572 of 6,795
My class 4 vgen also got thump noise while changing track actually, sometimes it's annoying sometimes it's so small, sometimes it's sound likes old Walkman noises from cassette when playing first song
But this 1.2 fw so many freeze and hang

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #1,573 of 6,795
I own the DX80 and I noticed that when playing DSF files the EQ is disabled. I know this would happened and I'm fine with this. But when I play another file whasoever after this DSF, let's say a FLAC file, the EQ remains DISABLED even if the screen tells you that the EQ is turned on. The sound is flat. To enable it again I must turn it OFF and ON, otherwise it will stay disabled forever. IMHO this is a glitch on the FW. I tested it many times both with FW 1.1.4 and with 1.2 . Paul please, could you fix this? Greetings from Italy

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #1,574 of 6,795
  Some of the SDXC cards can cause a popping or other sounds on the DX80. This is being fixed and should be remedied with the next FW.

The next FW will be in about 1 week. Please use 1.1.4 for now.

Thank you for working so tirelessly in improving the DX80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back