iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 28, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #1,546 of 6,795
Nope, I mean a class 4 memory card ( you know that ******* v gen are slow person) or mine are fake :l

Maybe that is good.
SDHC & SDXC has problem in DX80, cause skipping and sparking sound
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,548 of 6,795
Sandisk Ultra SDXC seems fine.

I have a sandisk ultra 32G, also class10 UHS-1, using in my phone.
let's try swap it to DX80 and see what happen.

if this work, means that ibasso is so picky ~~
something like Samsung Note2, some batch has problem with microsd cards.

I've switch back to 1.1.4, it has better sound for me.

ibasso keep up, don't waste your hardware !

Dec 29, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #1,549 of 6,795
Apologies for jumping in at the end of this thread.  I have only just become aware of this machine's existence.
I presently have a Fiio X5 MK2, and although generally happy with it and goes with me everywhere, the slow menus with two full 128GB cards is very very annoying.
How does this device compare navigating songs, albums, etc, on two full cards?

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #1,550 of 6,795
  Apologies for jumping in at the end of this thread.  I have only just become aware of this machine's existence.
I presently have a Fiio X5 MK2, and although generally happy with it and goes with me everywhere, the slow menus with two full 128GB cards is very very annoying.
How does this device compare navigating songs, albums, etc, on two full cards?

Whilst the video linked below isn't in English it provides an unboxing and complete walk around the player, including its menus and navigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iYdBlv8HAI

Give you a good idea of iBasso DX80.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,551 of 6,795
I wonder if this unit problematic with low class memory card which is caused hiccups while in line out mode?

I had similar problems with the DX90 originally that completely went away when I went to a faster class of card (Sandisk Extreme).  Prior to that I had tried reformatting, etc. to no avail.

I haven’t had any similar problems with the DX80 but I continue to use that same faster card with that unit.

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #1,552 of 6,795
I'm now testing with Sandisk, it is working fine 
regular_smile .gif

Skipping and Sparking seems gone.

It is my old card, also Class10 UHS-1 SDHC same class as my new Transcend, but slower R/W speed is lower.

I have another Eagletec 64GB, is Class10 UHS-1 SDXC, also got Sparking ......
Pls fix it if possible.

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,553 of 6,795
I'm now testing with Sandisk, it is working fine 
regular_smile%20.gif

Skipping and Sparking seems gone.

It is my old card, also Class10 UHS-1 SDHC same class as my new Transcend, but slower R/W speed is lower.

I have another Eagletec 64GB, is Class10 UHS-1 SDXC, also got Sparking ......
Pls fix it if possible.

what are specification for your SanDisk? Did you test dx80 line out too?

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,554 of 6,795
what are specification for your SanDisk? Did you test dx80 line out too?

testing line out now, seems no problem with this card.
it is SanDisk Ultra Class10 UHS-1 SDHC

DX80 is running 1.1.4

Feel good on SQ,
Unhappy with card support, my 32GB card only 4GB left...
I'm gonna rip more my CDs to flac !

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,555 of 6,795
The SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card works flawlessly with the DX80. After a few minor glitches (which didn't seem so minor when they were happening) this player has exceeded my expectations. I have no hiss, the SQ is excellent and it drives all of my headphones and IEMs. Now if Ibasso can figure out how to release FW that doesn't screw it up, I'll just stick to 1.4 
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,556 of 6,795
I'm using 2 x these too: SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card. Both are  nearly full and I have no hiss or terrible lag when recanning, which I've done multiple times to get all my cover art fixed. In case others are wondering, the DX80 doesn't read the embedded cover art I had on all my music thanks to a Mac program called Cover Art.  It wants each album to have a separate file in it of the cover RENAMED to folder.jpg.  Only reads jpeg not pnf or anything else.
One strange problem I am having with my DSD 64 albums downloaded from Acoustic Sounds: they play at a faster tempo so Bob Dylan sounds like a chipmunk. I have no idea what is going on. I've contacted both Acoustic Sounds and iBasso. The album plays normally via my laptop and 2 different DACs so I don't think it's the download process.
This happens with both firmware 1.1.4 and the new 1.2.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #1,557 of 6,795
  I'm using 2 x these too: SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card. Both are  nearly full and I have no hiss or terrible lag when recanning, which I've done multiple times to get all my cover art fixed. In case others are wondering, the DX80 doesn't read the embedded cover art I had on all my music thanks to a Mac program called Cover Art.  It wants each album to have a separate file in it of the cover RENAMED to folder.jpg.  Only reads jpeg not pnf or anything else.
One strange problem I am having with my DSD 64 albums downloaded from Acoustic Sounds: they play at a faster tempo so Bob Dylan sounds like a chipmunk. I have no idea what is going on. I've contacted both Acoustic Sounds and iBasso. The album plays normally via my laptop and 2 different DACs so I don't think it's the download process.
This happens with both firmware 1.1.4 and the new 1.2.

In my experience album jpeg's in album folders can have any name you choose; renaming to album.jpg is not necessary.....

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #1,559 of 6,795
  ... the DX80 doesn't read the embedded cover art I had on all my music thanks to a Mac program called Cover Art.  ...

Most of my FLACs and MP3s have embedded cover.
I make it myself with JPG or PNG.
They are display properly in DX80, except the under pixel cover will show up very ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back