iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Dec 29, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #1,578 of 6,795
  I own the DX80 and I noticed that when playing DSF files the EQ is disabled. I know this would happened and I'm fine with this. But when I play another file whasoever after this DSF, let's say a FLAC file, the EQ remains DISABLED even if the screen tells you that the EQ is turned on. The sound is flat. To enable it again I must turn it OFF and ON, otherwise it will stay disabled forever. IMHO this is a glitch on the FW. I tested it many times both with FW 1.1.4 and with 1.2 . Paul please, could you fix this? Greetings from Italy

Quote:
  Paul,

In the future FW releases maybe it's possible to increase font size on music info screen? right now it's hardly readable and probably 90% of that big beautiful screen is wasted -:)

Regards.

I will see what they can do.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 30, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #1,580 of 6,795
Thank you Paul for trying to fix this extremely annoying glitch with the EQ... another thing to be fixed, being in some aspects a deal breaker, is that while using Shuffle mode, you cannot cycle back to the previous track. The DX80 shuffles backwards AND forwards.  I would like the backwards shuffle completely disabled.  I do not want the unit to shuffle backwards, what's the point with this? If I am shuffling through tracks, I want to be able to normally track skip backwards to the two or three previous songs I heard if I want to hear 'em again and again, right? what do you think Paul? Grettings from Italy

Dec 30, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #1,581 of 6,795

Thank you Paul for trying to fix this extremely annoying glitch with the EQ... another thing to be fixed, being in some aspects a deal breaker, is that while using Shuffle mode, you cannot cycle back to the previous track. The DX80 shuffles backwards AND forwards.  I would like the backwards shuffle completely disabled.  I do not want the unit to shuffle backwards, what's the point with this? If I am shuffling through tracks, I want to be able to normally track skip backwards to the two or three previous songs I heard if I want to hear 'em again and again, right? what do you think Paul? Grettings from Italy

+1 for this. Very annoying being unable to replay the song you just liked...

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #1,584 of 6,795
Hi FLacFan, I'm positive that our feedback about this imperfections in the FW are extremely helpful to people like Paul, who's carefully following his customers' suggestions (so far) in order to improve his products. After all, Samsung, Fiio, Cowon products enable you to skip back to the last song you heared EVEN in shuffle mode, then why not Ibasso?  Greetings

Dec 30, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,586 of 6,795
Dec 30, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #1,588 of 6,795
I have 3515 files on my card, latest Sandisk 128GB. 95% FLAC and the rest MP3. DX80 recognized only 3497.
MediaMonkey on PC recognizes all 3515. 

Scanned many times, with factory resets etc - each time same result - 3497. Any suggestions?

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #1,589 of 6,795
  I have 3515 files on my card, latest Sandisk 128GB. 95% FLAC and the rest MP3. DX80 recognized only 3497.
MediaMonkey on PC recognizes all 3515. 

Scanned many times, with factory resets etc - each time same result - 3497. Any suggestions?

I have seen a few files that do this. It was a tagging problem and sometimes different programs recognize a different number of files.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 30, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #1,590 of 6,795

I have seen a few files that do this. It was a tagging problem and sometimes different programs recognize a different number of files.

I know all my tags are clean. What I suspect is that embedded art might be too big for DX80, I recall i had few files with big images (like 10MB), I just don't know what specific files have it. Any tool to scan the files and then display them with the size of embedded art showing up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back