iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Aug 1, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #1,216 of 1,489
  too bad. In the previous model it was enough to purchase another commercial battery. Here things are more difficult , if I understand correctly. I'll write to Ibasso customer service, but maybe you or someone else knows already the procedure.

Yes, you either need to contact your local distributer or ibasso to arrange for RMA.

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,217 of 1,489
I cannot update the firmware unless I take the card in slot one out of the slot and only leave the card in slot 2. Is this normal? It took me numerous factory resets and wiping and re-formatting the card in slot 2. I have a 32GB card in slot 2 and 128 in slot 1.

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #1,218 of 1,489
Hello DX80 users.

Im waiting on my dx80.  should be here Tuesday.  Has anyone gotten on in the last week or two?  What firmware it have and what didnt work?  How have the batteries been?  Sd card reading?

I bought my wife a dx50 and its pretty much been perfect.  I dont edit tagging or album art.  

Musicguy

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #1,219 of 1,489
I cannot update the firmware unless I take the card in slot one out of the slot and only leave the card in slot 2. Is this normal?
Yes. You may find more easy to flash a new firmware from the slot 1 using recovery console.

Aug 21, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #1,221 of 1,489
I've just send in my DX80 for repair early Aug.... battery seems to be having the same issue with yours. Does not hold charge, deplete to 70% in 1-2 hr from 100% full charged.

Also popping/crackling noise start appearing soon after the battery lost its charge holding and my set keep rebooting itself when the battery went below 30%

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #1,222 of 1,489
@  Ibasso firmware issues.

I have a week old dx80.  1.5.2 firmware.  When the player is in screen off mode and playing music  and you press the power button for a quick second to view screen info.    Sometimes it pops up but is blank.  I have to cycle the power button on and off twice to get my screen image to appear.  Im running two 64 gigs cards almost full.  20 gigs left on each card.

Other than that no other issues ive seen.

musdicguy

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #1,223 of 1,489
Just noticed that FW 1.5.8 is out, as of today! Haven't installed it yet but wanted all of you to know!

popcorn.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #1,224 of 1,489
I've had 1.5.8 installed since last night, and I'm sorry to say the song sorting bug has been both fixed and unfixed

Fixed:

When starting a song from an album folder in the "Directory" tab, the playlist is now properly populated in album order, rather than in alpha order (which was the bug introduced in 1.5.2). 

Yay! Thanks!

Unfixed:

When starting a song from an album in the "Album" tab, the playlist is properly populated in album order, as before. Fine. But, after powering down, when you power back up, the playlist repopulates in alpha order. Not fine. This means, of course, that if you are listening to an album in this manner, and you need to take a break from listening, your songs will be all out of order when you come back and power back up. 

D'oh!

Anyone else getting this same bug?

Edit: Of course, it's pretty easy to re-sort to album order using the menu button on the top right of the playlist screen, but it's still a bug and a minor annoyance. 

Aug 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #1,225 of 1,489
  I've had 1.5.8 installed since last night, and I'm sorry to say the song sorting bug has been both fixed and unfixed

Fixed:

When starting a song from an album folder in the "Directory" tab, the playlist is now properly populated in album order, rather than in alpha order (which was the bug introduced in 1.5.2). 

Yay! Thanks!

Unfixed:

When starting a song from an album in the "Album" tab, the playlist is properly populated in album order, as before. Fine. But, after powering down, when you power back up, the playlist repopulates in alpha order. Not fine. This means, of course, that if you are listening to an album in this manner, and you need to take a break from listening, your songs will be all out of order when you come back and power back up. 

D'oh!

Anyone else getting this same bug?

Edit: Of course, it's pretty easy to re-sort to album order using the menu button on the top right of the playlist screen, but it's still a bug and a minor annoyance. 

Confirmed your findings.  I am seeing the same issue.  After powering off or auto power off, the now playing list is sorted by song name, not track number.  I rarely listen to songs in alphabetical order so everytime I power up I'll have to find the album and click on the song again to make sure I can continue to listen in track order.  I still think we need to fix this.

Another thing that is now fixed is when scanning the SD card, the device won't turn off due to Auto Power Off settings.

Aug 29, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #1,226 of 1,489

Not for me.  I have mainly classical and so order is quite important.  Starting from Directory is ok, but it's difficult to find your music quickly.  Starting from Album is a mess.

Update, it appears to be just 3 discs which are a problem (although I haven't checked them all) which I downloaded recently as one file and split using iTunes.

Aug 29, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,227 of 1,489
A couple of observations about the current state of firmware and functionality.

1) I don't think this qualifies as a true "bug," but if you have two albums with the same name by different artists, even if they are situated in two separate folders and all the ID tagging is correct, the songs from the two different albums will be all mixed together when you select one of the albums in Album view. This happened to me with two albums by different artists, both called Greatest Hits. I fixed it by changing the album tag of one album to "Greatest Hits - Fleetwood Mac" with an ID3 editor.

2) If any of you have purchased hi-res files from HDTracks.com, have you found, like me, that the album art fails to display?

Thanks!

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,229 of 1,489
Question 2: yes, hdtracks delivers hires covers, too large for dx80. But with 1.3.3 they displayed fine

That makes sense, and I do remember that at some point the album art of those HD Tracks files displayed fine, then disappeared. The embedded images are enormous; something like 1500 x 1500, I think.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue? Is there a way to downsize the embedded image files with an ID3 metadata editor?

@Paul - iBasso , can this be fixed (especially since these images used to display just fine)? HDTracks.com is a major source of high resolution music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back