iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jul 18, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #1,156 of 1,489
Initially I had playback issues with 1.5.2. But after re-flashing 1.5.2 the issues have disappeared. Playback is consistent now. No more skips or sudden stops.

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #1,158 of 1,489
@Paul - iBasso Is it possible to add a play next functionality?  Sometimes I want to listen to a song but don't want to interrupt the current song.  A "play next" functionality would be nice.  (then afterwards go back to the original list and continue to play).  Thanks,

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #1,159 of 1,489
I noticed a sound improvement when playing DSD on the new firmware 1.5.2. Loading DSD to play is also faster.

Hi Paul, it will be great if when use as a USB-DAC mode, the screen can display the bit and sampling frequency? Other manufacturers like Cayin and AK do that. Thanks

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #1,160 of 1,489
I noticed a sound improvement when playing DSD on the new firmware 1.5.2. Loading DSD to play is also faster.

Hi Paul, it will be great if when use as a USB-DAC mode, the screen can display the bit and sampling frequency? Other manufacturers like Cayin and AK do that. Thanks

The change log that comes with the 1.5.2 firmware notes that the DSD code was rewritten so that's good to hear!

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #1,162 of 1,489
  I would be jealous if that get implemented and not play through folder.

play next would be great!
I know you can play next if you start a playlist and simply add  file or a folder to that playlist (you keep pressing the file or folder until the + appears)
but this means you have to start from a playlist..
and for people like me without a database working this option fails.
play through folder is not even an option for, I've never seen a player that use directory not able to play through folder...
iBasso have to fix that.

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,163 of 1,489
well this was mention before (play thru) but never acknowledge by Ibasso (paul), I suppose they have other priority (high end format) but it should have be implemented earlier in firmware update.

Jul 20, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #1,164 of 1,489
play through folder is not even an option for, I've never seen a player that use directory not able to play through folder... iBasso have to fix that.

Not exactly, but kind of: long tap a folder name, select Play from pop-up menu, and it will play all the subfolders.

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #1,165 of 1,489
  Not exactly, but kind of: long tap a folder name, select Play from pop-up menu, and it will play all the subfolders.

oh right, it work on poperly scanned folders (which is not the case of my entire card.)
thanks

still I think it would be best if iBasso put back the play by album and not by title when choosing a file from a folder.

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,166 of 1,489
Since updating to 1.5.2 I have once again come across the issue when the DX80 just stops playing. Earlier I thought it went away when I did a re-flash (see above). This time I can see what happened, buy I can't fix it. It turns out that apparently the DX80 isn't reading the MP3's tag correctly. It is getting the track number wrong. As an example, it might be playing the 3rd track of a 10 track album, but it thinks it's playing the 10th track. So, it stops at the end. I have shot a quick video of this behavior.

I have verified that all of the MP3 tags are correct in both MP3Tag and Foobar2000. In the above example each track's tag shows the correct track as 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 etc. I also have the track number in each MP3's file name.

I am using the "Directory" menu on the DX80. My files are very organized, so I use this method 99% of the time. That's when this glitch appears. However, if I use the "Albums" method to play this particular album, the track numbers are correct and the DX80 will play the entire album. So, why does it read the tag info correctly in Album mode, but gets confused in Directory mode?
I did a full rescan and reset and it didn't help.

Jul 21, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #1,168 of 1,489
Oh, I wasn't aware this was already reported. 
Went back to 1.4.2 and all the track info is correct.
Guess, I'll wait for the next update.

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,169 of 1,489
  Oh, I wasn't aware this was already reported. 
Went back to 1.4.2 and all the track info is correct.
Guess, I'll wait for the next update.

It has been reported but you went to a lot of work and I have sent your video and comments. Thank you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back