iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jul 14, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #1,111 of 1,489
Could you please provide examples of album titles sorted in 1.5.2 and previously?

Put any Japanese song in the device and look at where its sorted to.  Its sorting the Japanese song base on the English pronunciation.  Songs like 君が好き is sorted with English songs in J because the Chinese pronunciation starting with J...  But the actual first word is pronounced "kimi", so should be sorted with K.

I don't know if this is better or worse.  This could be a good feature as long as you know how to pronounce the first word in Chinese.

I like the old way better, that way all similar languages are sorted together so I can just move to the album/song/artist quickly by for example skipping English artists quickly to get to Japanese/Korean/Chinese named albums.

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #1,112 of 1,489
One thing I did find is that 1.5.2 does not like empty space at the end of the album name.  1.4.2 is ok with it.
I have some albums I accidentally put an extra space at the end.  (ex:  "The Best of Talking Heads ")  1.5.2 then created 3 albums with the same name except one with space and one without and the third one had a unreadable character at the end.
I've found the same problem exists with song names too.

After I removed the extra space then everything is fine.  Not a big issue for me.

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #1,113 of 1,489
  Put any Japanese song in the device and look at where its sorted to.

Thank you for explanation, understood! I have a few albums with Japanese and Chinese titles, but they all are funny pictures for me
biggrin.gif

But I do firmware mods, you know... The new firmware contains a file named unicode_to_hanyu_pinyin.txt with kinda names of hieroglyps, I believe, e.g.:

ling2
yi1
ding1
kao3
qi1
shang4
xia4
... etc. (more than 20000)

As I understand, you'd prefer different names in this table, or the old sorting. I don't know if just removing the table would revert to the old sorting... But it's possible to check.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #1,114 of 1,489

For me it is more transparent, with good layering and quality bass that isn't overdone. It is what I would call a clean sound. 

...and here we go again.

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #1,115 of 1,489
Hi, Folks,
As I mentioned earlier, the disappearing track bug seems to be gone in the 1.5.2 release, which is great. 
I am seeing, however, some odd track sorting behavior. In 1.4.2, the track order in Album view seemed to default to Album order, which makes sense to me. Now, though, the track order is different... I'm not even sure what the default sorting criterion is. I have to tap on the album art and then on the sorting icon and select "Album" to get the tracks in the proper order.
Anyone else seeing this?
@Paul - iBasso 

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #1,119 of 1,489
I don't know what to say. I tried as I had my files with 1.4.2 and at 50% it rebooted.
Tried copying artist with mp3tag action button into artist album and it scanned 100% no null.
Ps I also deleted disc number field

an update on my desperate attempts to have a complete scan, went again throught all my music and updated tags as follow :
- every files have album and album artist are filled up
- every files have genre filled up
- every files have Title field filled up
- removed disk number from every files
- removed /XX from track tags ( ie: 1/15 became 01 .. 02/16 became 02...etc)

I don't have any Null appearing in my database but it still crashes and stays uncomplete, I really don't think it is related to tags,
if it is that would be ridiculous how picky the database would work..

anyway I have never used database function on my archos or iriver original firmware, nor in my rockboxed DX90 and ipod... it seems useless and laggy to me as my files are well sorted.
if only I could get this player to run without using the database...

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #1,120 of 1,489
It's quite a nonsense starting playing in ''title'' sorting. I have to tap 3 times to have vorrect playing order
I really don't understand what are you talking about! I still see all my library sorted in album order, and, moreover, I see no a way to change the sorting method... nor I need it :)

Do you have your files all correctly tagged with track numbers? I do. Also, all the files have 2-digit track number at the beginning of file names. If you don't - may it be the root of your problem?

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #1,121 of 1,489
I really don't understand what are you talking about! I still see all my library sorted in album order, and, moreover, I see no a way to change the sorting method... nor I need it
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you have your files all correctly tagged with track numbers? I do. Also, all the files have 2-digit track number at the beginning of file names. If you don't - may it be the root of your problem?

I second Pholcus on that issue,
I use directory to play albums, (obviously since database is laggy and broken)
so I go in the album folder and play the first song
all files in the albums are properly tagged with track numbers and title, filename format is %track% - %title%.%EXT%
however the second song played will be the next one alphabetically from title tag.
and if you go back to now playing, you'll see a playlist created with title alphabetically.

and seriously if his files would not have 2 digits at the beginning, I would not consider it root of the problem.
There is no standard defined for tagging or naming files, and I don't think iBasso have a standard for using their players or they would have shared it with us.

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #1,122 of 1,489
Now I have time to write it down better: go to directory, choose an album, open it and start playing first song. By default, next song when you press fwd button will be next in alphabetical order taken from tag, not from file name. In fact my songs all. begin with 01 02 03 etc.
To get back to ''next song in folder'' you have to go to Now playing screen and tap ''album''.
By default it now sorts by ''title''
This happens only in directory mode.

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #1,124 of 1,489
Now I have time to write it down better: go to directory, choose an album, open it and start playing first song. By default, next song when you press fwd button will be next in alphabetical order taken from tag, not from file name. In fact my songs all. begin with 01 02 03 etc.
To get back to ''next song in folder'' you have to go to Now playing screen and tap ''album''.
By default it now sorts by ''title''
This happens only in directory mode.

I just tried this. Yes, it goes in alphabetical order. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #1,125 of 1,489
OK - I've only just had a chance to install this.

On the plus side, 'Artist' sort order in the database seems to be fixed (on the assumption you can get a clean scan)

Unfortunately, I can confirm, as reported by others, that the default play order when playing from directory seems to be alphabetic on title, which is obviously an unhelpful default since most albums then play out of sequence without lots of effort. I assume it's using the tag information for this, rather than using any sort of ordering based on filename? Perhaps, if so, it could default to using the track number embedded, taking into account the various standard number schemes?

I've not tested the fileset which caused the database scan to crash previously, but it sounds like it's still crashing out for some people. I think there needs to be a database logging option in advanced settings which logs all the files it doesn't like while scanning to a text file on (say) sd card 1. That way, the scan should complete, and we'd not all be searching for needles in haystacks for the file(s) which are breaking the scan. 

I'm going to have to fall back to 1.4.2, since searching by 'Artist' in the database doesn't really work for a large part of my collection, and playing from the directory is currently sorting unhelpfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back