iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jul 13, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #1,098 of 1,489
Guys I found a solution to scanning issues!i filled album artist fiels in mp3tag copying artist field. Now it scans fine 100%!!!!

lucky,
this didn't solve the issue for me. but thinking of it, I know my tags are cleans, but I have always left "genre" empty as I didn't use this to browse.
firmware 1.3.3 found no (Null) artist, I had issue with 1.4.2 due to loss of vorbis comment support.
I know iBasso are working on this (Null) issue and so far it seems like it is going to be solved very soon.

but the media scanning is still an issue, on my device, database is returning an error whenever I try to load up over 16,000 files.
Tonight I'll be trying to fill up my "genre" tag field, as it is the only thing that return a (Null) for many files, but I didn't think it made an impact and I don't use it.
I'd say it's not gonna solve the issue, but at least I'll clear that up.

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,100 of 1,489
lucky,
this didn't solve the issue for me. but thinking of it, I know my tags are cleans, but I have always left "genre" empty as I didn't use this to browse.
firmware 1.3.3 found no (Null) artist, I had issue with 1.4.2 due to loss of vorbis comment support.
I know iBasso are working on this (Null) issue and so far it seems like it is going to be solved very soon.

but the media scanning is still an issue, on my device, database is returning an error whenever I try to load up over 16,000 files.
Tonight I'll be trying to fill up my "genre" tag field, as it is the only thing that return a (Null) for many files, but I didn't think it made an impact and I don't use it.
I'd say it's not gonna solve the issue, but at least I'll clear that up.

I don't know what to say. I tried as I had my files with 1.4.2 and at 50% it rebooted.
Tried copying artist with mp3tag action button into artist album and it scanned 100% no null.
Ps I also deleted disc number field

Jul 13, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #1,101 of 1,489
  still having a lot of music files in (NULL) folder when selecting ARTIST for FW1.5.2

Can you send us a couple of the songs that show up as null on WeTransfer to service@ibasso.com? We can then further look into this. On all of our cards with good ID3 tags we are not getting any null files so we need to see what is going on with your files.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 13, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #1,104 of 1,489
What do you mean album sorting order?

Plus I found a gfx glitch: when in digital filter,gain and gapless,if you press the setting desired, the highlighted black button turns grey andvnot blacl as it should,and both stay grey until out and in again . See pics
[/IMG]

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #1,106 of 1,489
What do you mean album sorting order?

Plus I found a gfx glitch: when in digital filter,gain and gapless,if you press the setting desired, the highlighted black button turns grey andvnot blacl as it should,and both stay grey until out and in again . See pics [attach]1673878[/attach][/quote]

The album in different languages used to be sorted separately.  But now different languages are sorted together.

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #1,109 of 1,489
  Does 1.5.2 change anything sound-wise?

For me it is more transparent, with good layering and quality bass that isn't overdone. It is what I would call a clean sound. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #1,110 of 1,489
The album in different languages used to be sorted separately.  But now different languages are sorted together.
Could you please provide examples of album titles sorted in 1.5.2 and previously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back