iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Apr 17, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #842 of 1,489
  This is something that's persisted even to the 1.4. firmware, certain tags with repeating characters or phrases won't display properly. The song "Rebel Rebel" by David Bowie only shows up as "Rebel" the band 999 only shows up as "9" and other similar problems.

I have reported this.

I have also reported the EQ bug but so far it plays and works correctly on our DX80s. We will continue to work on this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 19, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #845 of 1,489
there is a bug in 1.4.0

First go to [All music] sort songs with "Album" or "Artist" ... (anything other than default Title), Play a song,
if click/press [Forward] key (screen or physical button), the player will Soft-restart !

If, during song playback, go back to [All music], sort songs with "Title",
or use upper left arrow to quit [All music] back to main screen,
[Forward] won't cause Soft-restart.

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #846 of 1,489
  there is a bug in 1.4.0

First go to [All music] sort songs with "Album" or "Artist" ... (anything other than default Title), Play a song,
if click/press [Forward] key (screen or physical button), the player will Soft-restart !

I just tried this and it works normally and doesn't restart. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #847 of 1,489
there is a bug in 1.4.0

Several folks are seeing the restart issue (myself included). Ibasso is having difficulty reproducing this issue.

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #848 of 1,489
  there is a bug in 1.4.0

This is do to the number of files being accessed. We will correct this in the next FW.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 22, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #850 of 1,489
Hi, folks,
Just received my DX 80 from Amazon yesterday!
It is loaded from the factory with 1.1.4. Since I am going to update the firmware and 1.4.0 seems to be buggy, can you recommend which version I should update to? Thanks!!

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #851 of 1,489
Hi, folks,
Just received my DX 80 from Amazon yesterday!
It is loaded from the factory with 1.1.4. Since I am going to update the firmware and 1.4.0 seems to be buggy, can you recommend which version I should update to? Thanks!!

I have had no bugs at all with the new FW, though some have. Try the previous one right before 1.4.0. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #853 of 1,489
Scanning Issues:  [If you go through each folder one by one everything will be scanned succesfully!]
Maybe useful if you don't want to go back to fw 1.3! ?

fw 1.4 (Lurker)

2x sandisk ultra 12bgb
CD-16/44 Flac  

Vinyl Rip - 24/96 (Flac setting 5) & 24/192

DSD - 64 & 128

As an experiment I decided to go through every album on both cards to see which ones din not scan (you can tell because the device scans quickly when you play the 1st song)

Interestingly, even though the scans would stop before completing a scan - there was only 1 or 2 albums on card 1 that had not been scanned.
Card 1 contains only Vinyl rips / DSD
However on card 2 about 1/3rd of albums had not been scanned and most of the failed scanned files were CD ripped 16/44

Also, during the process, sometimes whne pressing the songs would play very fast, missing the begining. I also had an old issue of loud clicks and on some of the the vinyl rips - almost as if the device hears a click and really amplifies it.

It seemed like the player doesn't like having to think about too many things at once or getting into a backlog of commands from the user (i was going to an album, pressing play, sotpping, then immediately going to the next album)

On another note I haven't personally found the scanning to be noticably that much quicker but maybe because i felt it was reasonable to expect to wait a while to scan through 2x 128gb !

On a posative note - Now ALL folders have been scanned and even some of the DSD files now longer show up as Null. Everything has now been scanned and is accepted

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #854 of 1,489
I have mine for about 3 - 4 months, recently I noicted that there is very small click sound everytime I turn on or off the device, is it normal?

Yesterday, i pluged the iem to the earphone outlet and my device and turns on the device but it keeping on turning off, i reset to the factory settiing it was still happening until Inpluged my iem to the line out then it started normal. Is it hardware problem?

Pls let me know. Thanks.

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #855 of 1,489
There's a bug that has seemed to get worse in ver 1.4.0
Going back to even 1.1.4 while playing from "directory" mode (non-shuffle) there has been infrequent times when after one song finished and it came to start the next title, it would start the new title several minutes in (not at the beginning). Since installing 1.4.0 this is happening much more frequently. Usually about once per album. If I do a factory reset and rescan, the problem seems to go away for a short while. But after a few days of use, it always returns.

What makes this especially frustrating is playing one song after another is the most basic function of a DAP. Yet, my DX80 fails at this.

I'm using a single Sandisk 128GB card in exfat mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back