iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Mar 17, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #813 of 1,489
Had the dx80 for a week now, gradually getting to grips with it, my main problem is that when I go to all music the first 46 songs are in alphabetical order and then I get the next 52 songs starting with A again in alphabetical order and so on, only have 450 songs and they are split up into alphabetical blocks of between 45-55 tracks in each, basically a track beginning with A could be at nos 1 or 400, which makes for a lot of scrolling (and that is pretty unpredictable at best), updated to latest f/w 1.3.3 with an exfat 64 gb sandisk, no problems there, artwork still pixelated even at 500x500, do have 1 perfect one, not sure why. Early days yet but at the moment if I just want hassle free listening I'm still drawn to my trusty old cowon i10 and fad heaven iv,worked from the word go.

See my previous post, it's a bug. Workaround:tap all music, play first song then go to Now playing icon, sort by title et voila, there you go, from this screen songs are all in correct alphabetical order. I posted some pics before ☺

Mar 29, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #819 of 1,489
It's related to the used DAC and nothing that could be fixed by a software update. Already confirmed by iBasso.

Wonder what users of the ak240 would say then.

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #821 of 1,489
We use larger capacitors on the DX80. This accentuates the sound you might hear. We used them because we feel it improves bass response.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 6, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #822 of 1,489
Quick note :

1. thump / low pressure noises every song change or pressing one of the three buttons (physical buttons cause it more loud)

2. Same as #1 pressing play/pause button originally for lock screen function, but in my dx80 it will make the unit changing next song to next song quickly depending on how long I pressing it (must press carefully to lock screen)

3. Early cut off song at the end but rarely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back